IGNORED

Dustin Johnson taking a leave of absence from tour, Suspended for cocaine use

BENtSwing
Note: This thread is 3391 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So now it's a conspiracy, c'mon.  If Tiger failed a drug test, he'd be suspended.  Stop being Tiger haters and DJ apologists.  The kid messed up, he's hopefully going to get cleaned up and continue to have success in his career but let's not twist the facts to make him look like some kind of victim here.

I've said my peace here, you guys can continue to make excuses for why DJ did the things he did.

No conspiracy or DJ apologizing here. He screwed up (again) and deserved what was handed to him.

I don't believe Tiger has ever done anything to get suspended but I had to point out, as an aside, that if he ever had, I honestly could never see the tour suspending him. Just my opinion, wasn't trying to swerve off topic.

So now it's a conspiracy, c'mon.  If Tiger failed a drug test, he'd be suspended.  Stop being Tiger haters and DJ apologists.  The kid messed up, he's hopefully going to get cleaned up and continue to have success in his career but let's not twist the facts to make him look like some kind of victim here.

I've said my peace here, you guys can continue to make excuses for why DJ did the things he did.

Nobody is making excuses for DJ (as far as I know) and nobody is being a Tiger hater.  All skydog did was ponder why some people may have given Tiger a pass for the things he did and at the same time, roasting DJ.

Personally, I don't know that anybody's actually done that.  My response, were I in your shoes, would have been to just say that at the time of Tigers transgressions, I was critical of him.  (Assuming that you were ;))  And, hopefully, in a period of time, the same will be true of DJ.  Hopefully we will have cleaned himself up and gotten back on track, for everybodys sake.

Although, for the record, if you didn't add the last sentence, I would never have posted.  That's what got under my skin a bit.  This line:

He also to our knowledge hasn't slept with the wives of any Tour players, so what exactly are you referring to?

And then another poster said sleeping with anothers wife was worse than a married guy sleeping around on his wife, so I may have directed a little extra wrath your way when I should have reserved it for somebody else.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nobody is making excuses for DJ (as far as I know) and nobody is being a Tiger hater.  All skydog did was ponder why some people may have given Tiger a pass for the things he did and at the same time, roasting DJ.

Personally, I don't know that anybody's actually done that.  My response, were I in your shoes, would have been to just say that at the time of Tigers transgressions, I was critical of him.  (Assuming that you were ;))  And, hopefully, in a period of time, the same will be true of DJ.  Hopefully we will have cleaned himself up and gotten back on track, for everybodys sake.

Although, for the record, if you didn't add the last sentence, I would never have posted.  That's what got under my skin a bit.  This line:

And then another poster said sleeping with anothers wife was worse than a married guy sleeping around on his wife, so I may have directed a little extra wrath your way when I should have reserved it for somebody else.

We're good, I speak from the heart and realize that some if not most won't agree with me all the time, that's cool.  I said all I had to say on the subject and still wish him the best. :beer:

Joe Paradiso

We're good, I speak from the heart and realize that some if not most won't agree with me all the time, that's cool. :beer:

Hey, just like Bubba! Edit: let me add a ;) just messin around.

• Upvote 1

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

I'm not arguing in favor of dirt-digging; I'm arguing that treating player misconduct in the way the PGA Tour does (by not saying anything on the record and categorically denying everything despite the evidence) creates an unnecessary and unwanted distraction from the product it delivers to its fans and sponsors. If Tim Finchem stepped to the podium on Wednesday and announced that Dustin has been suspended for violating the tour's substance-abuse policy, there would be nothing left for media and the blogosphere to speculate. We could be talking about Sergio Garcia playing one of the best rounds I've ever seen at an A-list tournament right now, and not whose wife DJ was allegedly sleeping with (which is completely irrelevant to what we all believe is at the crux of this issue).

That is why I have no issue with what I said.. I mean if someone sleeps with his coworkers wife does he really get no blame? I don't really care about blaming the women at this juncture as they are not the story.. We can call then scum, but that's not adding anything to the discussion!

The fact that he slept with two coworkers wives gives you insight into his personality and even arrogance, he doesn't just do it once, but twice? Couple that with being a coke head? Well, you get the perfect storm all coming down on someone who by all means was talented!

They are not coworkers dude. They are men who have the same profession. They are independent contractors.

Seriously, dude?? I'm left scrathing my head at your confusion here. You're seriously grasping at straws if you think that what DJ did is any worse than what Tiger did. Sleeping around, breaking up families, etc- they've got those bases covered. They've both screwed up in their personal lives but from everyone who I've ever talked to who's met him/knows him well- DJ is a friendly, down to earth guy who I don't think has ever intended to hurt anyone (but himself) with his poor choices. On the other hand, there are count less reports from people who know Tiger well that document how unfriendly, cheap, and disconnected he can be. When it comes to forgiving and forgetting, I give the nod to DJ on this one. But like I said, I know I'm in the minority on this one, because winning does fix everything.

I don't know how he can sleep with the wives of two other tour players and think that he wasn't going to hurt someone.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

I don't know how he can sleep with the wives of two other tour players and think that he wasn't going to hurt someone.

That's not the same as "intend," which is what skydog said. And I think there's actually a pretty easy answer to your question anyway. People who do this type of stuff think (and hope) that nobody will ever find out. That's how they convince themselves that nobody will get hurt.

I don't know anything about the sleeping with other Tour Player's wives other than the reference to it here. Do the Tour players involved know about it?

I would say that would be right up toward the top of the list of low-down dirty things a player could do knowing you were going to be playing with those guys.

Even though I would consider it more my wife's fault than his fault I would have a hard time not punching him in the mouth right there on the first tee box just for the Hell of it.

Talk about an uncomfortable round if I actually played with him. :loco:

I don't know anything about the sleeping with other Tour Player's wives other than the reference to it here.

It's been widely reported.  It's not a sandtrap rumor.

"Witty golf quote."

I don't know anything about the sleeping with other Tour Player's wives other than the reference to it here. Do the Tour players involved know about it?

Rumor was it's the reason Mackenzie and his wife split. She says it's not true

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

That's not the same as "intend," which is what skydog said. And I think there's actually a pretty easy answer to your question anyway. People who do this type of stuff think (and hope) that nobody will ever find out. That's how they convince themselves that nobody will get hurt.

Man, you are all over this thread defending DJ, haha. Never knew you were such a DJ fanboy. :p With him sleeping with multiple tour members wives, especially if he's a Christian, he's intending to hurt someone other than himself through his selfishness regardless of if he thought he was going to get caught.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Man, you are all over this thread defending DJ, haha. Never knew you were such a DJ fanboy. :p

Love me some DJ!!!

With him sleeping with multiple tour members wives, especially if he's a Christian, he's intending to hurt someone other than himself through his selfishness regardless of if he thought he was going to get caught.

I think it's a safe bet that his intent was to have some fun without really considering the consequences.  (Same is probably true for the cocaine as well)

Love me some DJ!!! I think it's a safe bet that his intent was to have some fun without really considering the consequences. (Same is probably true for the cocaine as well)

Yeah drunk drivers do the same thing.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Quote:
I think it's a safe bet that his intent was to have some fun without really considering the consequences.

Which makes him a child because that's what children do.  They do whatever pops into their heads with no thought of consequences.  That's excusable during childhood when you aren't capable of reasoning better.  Not so much when you're in your 30s.

I'm about five inches from being an outstanding golfer.  That's the difference my left ear is from my right.  -  Ben Crenshaw

Golf is like a love affair.  If you don't take it seriously its no fun.  If you do take it seriously, it breaks your heart.  -  Arthur Daley

What other people may find in poetry or art museums, I find in the flight of a good drive  -  Arnold Palmer

Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues and some on golf courses  -  Adlai Stevenson

Which makes him a child because that's what children do.  They do whatever pops into their heads with no thought of consequences.  That's excusable during childhood when you aren't capable of reasoning better.  Not so much when you're in your 30s.

How do you know he didn't think of the consequences? You have no idea what was going through his head. I'm not defending DJ and think sleeping with a married person is very wrong but there are reasons these things happen other than being on the spur of the moment. If the wives did this then there were likely issues in their marriages to begin with. Last, what does age have to do with this? People have affairs at most any age. It's about making moral decisions, not youthful stupidity.

Yeah drunk drivers do the same thing.

Why do you guys always try to back me into a corner by trying to imply I'm saying things that I'm not?

Can't you all just admit that @RFKFREAK was using the wrong word - which is ALL I was saying - and be done with it??

Note: This thread is 3391 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!