IGNORED

What's your personal best HOT streak?

Jmdmbike
Note: This thread is 2892 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

36 on front 9, 3 birdies, 3 pars, and 3 bogeys.    For one brief moment, I felt like I knew what it was like to be a scratch golfer.

My longest par streak is 5, and 3 for birdies.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This winter at Sand Hollow, UT ... 8 of 9 pars and 1 bogie for a 37 on the links course.      Felt like a pro ... good to know down deep it's in there, just have to find it again ....

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

A couple of years ago I started a round 4 under after the first six, hit my tee shot to about 10 feet on the par 3 7th. The sky opened up with a deluge of Biblical proportions. The golf gods are ba$tards. :-)

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

I will go to last Saturday shot 1 under over last 12 holes. 9 pars, 2 birdies and a bogey. Had 4 tap in pars just missing birdies. Felt like I was on tour lol. I've gone birdie, eagle, birdie, with my only eagle ever at that, but never 4 birdies a row. One day it's gonna click though and I will be talking about my 59 :-).

James

Playing on my home course, we started playing and it had just started to lightly rain and continued during the first 9 holes.  I shot a 30 (-6) on the top 9.  After we finished putting it began to pour and lightning.  So I never got to finish the entire round, but still my best 9 holes I have ever played.

Quote:
18 straight pars (don't know if that counts as a hot streak though)

I guess that depends on who you are.  For a pro it probably doesn't.

For me?  Man, I would be calling all my friends and posting pics of the score card on Facebook.  lol

I'm about five inches from being an outstanding golfer.  That's the difference my left ear is from my right.  -  Ben Crenshaw

Golf is like a love affair.  If you don't take it seriously its no fun.  If you do take it seriously, it breaks your heart.  -  Arthur Daley

What other people may find in poetry or art museums, I find in the flight of a good drive  -  Arnold Palmer

Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues and some on golf courses  -  Adlai Stevenson

• 1 year later...

Not really a "hot" streak, but something I've never done: I shot even par on the back nine yesterday with 9 straight pars.  (Incidentally, I had birdied #9 as well, after a 3 putt bogey on 8)

Another "hot" streak I'm in the middle of ... I used the exact same ball for the last 36 holes, at least. :)

• Upvote 1

Mine was 15 straight pars. Shot a 75 that day. Many years ago, I had 4 birds in a row.  Shot a 70 on a par 70 that day. The other, not so hot streak, is that I have never shot below par after 1000s of rounds.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

3 1/2 years ago, on my 60th birthday, I went 5 under for 7 holes in the middle of my round: 2 birdies, 2 pars, 3 birdies.  Shot even par "71".

In 2016, the best so far is 3 under for 5 holes: par, eagle, birdie, 2 pars.  Shot a +2, "74".

The sole reason I can remember these events is because of the extreme rarity for me to have a "hot" streak.  My typical "hot" streak is 2-3 pars in a row.  ;-)

Brian Kuehn

Over a single round my best streak is 5 strait birdies on holes 11-15 at burlington cc in jersey. Its the hardest stretch of holes at that particular course, too.  I one putted every green on that nine. I didn't break par in that round though, i remember hooking two strait balls OB on a short par 5. I think i shot 73 that day. Ive had several 3 hole birdie runs since then but never 4 or 5 in a row. 

16 pars and ... get ready for it ... two QUAD bogies for an even 80.  Closest to a round in the 70s in my life.  Haven't gotten there yet and probably never will.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

My actual single-round streaks are pretty lame (I think my best is 6 holes or so at even par)...

...but I did once birdie the same hole on one course in three consecutive rounds. Considering I average less than a birdie per round, it was impressive enough to be memorable.

- John

15 holes without a bogey is my best streak. The most birdies I've ever strung was probably 3, maybe 4 when I was in high school and playing the same course everyday.

3 hours ago, dave s said:

16 pars and ... get ready for it ... two QUAD bogies for an even 80.  Closest to a round in the 70s in my life.  Haven't gotten there yet and probably never will.

dave

This is heartbreaking though.

Edited by Mop Bucket

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

All my streaks are in 3s.  3 birds in a row a couple times, 3 70s rounds in a row a few times.  And, this weekend, 3 3s in a row, birdie, par, birdie.  That was kinda cool.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Two of my best "hot streaks" I would consider flukes:

• Two years ago I had three straight birdies.  I didn't even play particularly well that day nor did I have a good swing.  But I somehow put three great tee shots and one approach shot (two par threes and one par four), and made the putts.  I haven't done it since, even though I'm swinging better now.
  • Three years ago I had 6 straight pars, which I've matched a few times since (including this past weekend).  But the flukey part of it was, I only hit one green during that stretch.  When I did it this weekend, I hit 5 out of 6 greens.  Which leads me to my most current "hot streak":
  • This weekend I played Saturday and Sunday.  In the Saturday round I hit 11 straight fairways.  In the Sunday round I hit 7 out of 8 greens.  Both translated into the best rounds I've had in those respective statistical categories: fairways hit (86% for the round) and GIR (78% for 9 holes, only 50% for the round).

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Single round, not sure of the exact hole scoring, but I was 3 under par through 11 holes :banana:  - then shot bogey golf for the next 7.  :~(

For multi round, August 1989 - I'd never broken 80 before I went 73-78 the second weekend (round 3 and 4) of the Club Championship.  I capped it with my first ace on #17 in that final round.  In the 26 years since then, I've never had a weekend to quite match that one.

• Upvote 1

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Note: This thread is 2892 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!