IGNORED

Tiger Growls at Cameraman

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3525 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

No problem with it. Tiger clearly was not happy with his round. Nobody likes a camera shoved in their face.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Cameramen can zoom. No need to get too close.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

No problem with it. Tiger clearly was not happy with his round. Nobody likes a camera shoved in their face.

Even if he is shooting well they need to stay back enough for him or any other player to move freely. The cameras are good enough they don't need to be this close. The camera mans job is to stay out of the way.

so what is the excuse for the old time golfers? social media was a news paper or a magazine. ? look back on jack almost being trampled by fans between holes, or any golfer back then. I think I have seen footage where they didn't use ropes to keep the fans away.

At the end, when they zoomed back, I didn't see any cameraman close to him. Just looked like he was pissed and looking to take it out on someone other than the guy who shot 2 over for the day.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator

At the end, when they zoomed back, I didn't see any cameraman close to him.

Just looked like he was pissed and looking to take it out on someone other than the guy who shot 2 over for the day.....

Your Tiger hate is showing again, @David in FL . I highly doubt he's imagining ghost cameramen.

Please locate Tiger Woods in this frame:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Agree. A few years ago I might have hated on Tiger for something like this but I've been to a few tournaments that he's played in and the media pressure on him is so intense. He basically has a camera on him from the time he steps out of the car. I get that dealing with this is part of being one of the most well payed athletes in the world but it doesn't mean he has to be perfect all the time.

In the same situation I might have said exactly the same thing. I like to think I wouldn't have but golf can definitely get the blood boiling.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Your Tiger hate is showing again, @David in FL . I highly doubt he's imagining ghost cameramen. Please locate Tiger Woods in this frame: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/103252/] [/URL]

See.....he's so far away from the cameraman that he can't even be seen when the shot is zoomed out! :-D Still, I suspect that had he been playing well, there wouldn't have been a problem. Cameraman should have been smart enough to give him some room though.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

so what is the excuse for the old time golfers?

social media was a news paper or a magazine. ?

look back on jack almost being trampled by fans between holes, or any golfer back then. I think I have seen footage where they didn't use ropes to keep the fans away.

And then the PGA decided this was a bad idea.  It did make a lot of players uncomfortable.

No issue with any player, including Tiger, asking the camera to back off.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

The cameraman was obviously up in his face - Tiger was about to swing the club in disgust then looked to see he was gonna smack the cameraman with it, thus the reaction.

And the only thing making it even remotely newsworthy is he dropped an f-bomb. Remove that & it's not even discussed here.

This combined with the fact a cameraman with a tripod caused one of his drives to go deeper into the rough.  No other golfer has to deal with these distractions like Tiger does but Tiger haters always wants to make it "news" when he reacts.

Joe Paradiso

This combined with the fact a cameraman with a tripod caused one of his drives to go deeper into the rough.  No other golfer has to deal with these distractions like Tiger does but Tiger haters always wants to make it "news" when he reacts.

The constant attention Tiger gets has to be distracting at times, but the bolded is rarely a negative affect of the crowds and attention. I am certain there are far more times that Tiger's errant shots end up in a BETTER place than they would have because of the crowds. We've all seen very errant shots get stopped and end up in play because the ball can't get past the dense crowds into really bad places.

That said, the cameraman was in his grill and who is surprised at Tiger using foul language?

Bill M

Good grief. It's just a word.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I don't have a problem with it....he has so much to put up with and his every action is scrutinized.   There is a youtube video called "What its like to be Tiger Woods" of him walking through the crowd to a scoring tent after he won the WGC Cadillac last year.  Just watching that 2 minute video made me feel incredibly claustrophobic.....Also its not like he is the only one that acts out at times.  So what he drops an f bomb?...Sergio used to flat out have tantrums on the course....he once took his shoe off and threw it into the gallery... his shoe!   Tiger gets blasted in the media for doing far less than what flys under the radar for other golfers

Note: This thread is 3525 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!