IGNORED

TST Explores GAME Golf

I just don't like having that box on my belt. I never was one for belt clips for cell phones either.

A little of this comment I agree with. It sometimes bothers me to wear the device on my belt during the round. Bending down to get the ball out of the hole sometimes it pops off. I can get over it, but sometimes it does bug me. I could put the device on my bag, but then I might forget to tag it.

Overall this is a small problem I can overcome because I like how the device performs.

Michael

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A little of this comment I agree with. It sometimes bothers me to wear the device on my belt during the round. Bending down to get the ball out of the hole sometimes it pops off. I can get over it, but sometimes it does bug me. I could put the device on my bag, but then I might forget to tag it.

Overall this is a small problem I can overcome because I like how the device performs.

Yeah, me too.  I've found if you just clip it on the side instead of the front, that problem is solved. :beer:

Yeah, me too.  I've found if you just clip it on the side instead of the front, that problem is solved.:beer:

I was going to say the same. Eliminates the problem.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

I agree with the points @iacas brought up. I'd just like to add the fact that this reason:

Is completely negated when you do this:

Because now you're THAT guy on the golf course with his phone out.

Oh, and a number of courses don't allow you to have your cell phone out at all, so you can't do it anyway.

I never played a course that made you relinquish your phone at the club house. Have you ever heard of putting your ringer on mute?

I agree with the points @iacas brought up. I'd just like to add the fact that this reason:

Is completely negated when you do this:

Because now you're THAT guy on the golf course with his phone out.

Oh, and a number of courses don't allow you to have your cell phone out at all, so you can't do it anyway.

I play with lots of guys who have down loaded golf GPS apps on there phones and there constantly checking them for distances so I am not worried about being that guy with a cell phone out.

I was going to say the same. Eliminates the problem.

Another thing that would eliminate it, I imagine, would be to have a flat stomach instead of a giant belly.  I'm still working on that one though. ;)

• Upvote 1

Another thing that would eliminate it, I imagine, would be to have a flat stomach instead of a giant belly.  I'm still working on that one though. ;)

This may be my problem as well.

I will try it on the side during my next round.

Michael

• Administrator

Android phones make up 75% of the smart phone market. This would equate a 300% increase in potential customers. By increasing production numbers the cost of manufacturing individual units  would decrease and the manufacturer will reduce there asking price. Example the first cell phones cost over $800 dollars a piece and the air time was over 1 dollar a minute.

That's not how that works. It's OT to go into why, but… you can't just take market share numbers and multiply that to figure out true "potential customers."

P.S. My current cell phone costs about $800. :P

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yeah, me too.  I've found if you just clip it on the side instead of the front, that problem is solved.:beer:

It never even occurred to me to clip it in front, I just automatically clipped it to the side from the get-go. [quote name="Golfingdad" url="/t/76544/tst-investigates-game-golf/450#post_1094110"]Another thing that would eliminate it, I imagine, would be to have a flat stomach instead of a giant belly.  I'm still working on that one though. ;) [/quote]Yea totally. I never had a problem with my Game Golf clip :-P

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

That's not how that works. It's OT to go into why, but… you can't just take market share numbers and multiply that to figure out true "potential customers."

This may be my problem as well.

I will try it on the side during my next round.

I've also toyed with keeping it in my left front pocket.

Not making much sense of this of this post. Not familiar with the acronym OT. Potential means possible not real or actual.

Your basic cell phone cost $800? I just got a IPHONE 6 plus with 64 GB for $199 with a 2 year contract. I think you got screwed.

Another example:The first calculator was known as the BOMAR BRAIN circa about 1968. It cost $68 back then and only had four functions. Today they give you those for free at TD BANK as promotional material.

Not making much sense of this of this post. Not familiar with the acronym OT. Potential means possible not real or actual. Your basic cell phone cost $800? I just got a IPHONE 6 plus with 64 GB for $199 with a 2 year contract. I think you got screwed. Another example:The first calculator was known as the BOMAR BRAIN circa about 1968. It cost $68 back then and only had four functions. Today they give you those for free at TD BANK as promotional material.

OT = Off Topic, as post your post is, and unfortunately, mine. Your iPhone 6 doesn't cost $200, it cost $800. It's just heavily subsidized because of the contract, so you get to pay "only" $200 for it initially, then pay the rest of the money back over time. ;-)

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I've yet to hear from anyone who has arcoss? And if so, surely that's another thread? I'm liking game golf, only problem I have is I took it out for 2 rounds, with terrible weather, forgot to tag lots of shots, I added some later and signed the rounds, thing is I'd like to delete all rounds and start fresh In March, but it won't let me, although I believe they're working on a way to do that, they appear to be updating the software continually using the feedback from users, I like it already but feel it's gonna get even better as they keep adding features, plus the price is coming down too! Arcoss also looks a pretty cool price of kit, but like already mentioned, when playing golf, I like to focus on the game and just use my garmin watch !

Gaz Lee

OT = Off Topic, as post your post is, and unfortunately, mine.

Your iPhone 6 doesn't cost $200, it cost $800. It's just heavily subsidized because of the contract, so you get to pay "only" $200 for it.

I would not say it is Off Topic as we are  discussing the cost of new technology products. Historically new technology always costs more than the same technology as it gets more developed and mass produced. The best example is the hand held calculators. I predict that these golf tracking instruments will drop in cost exponentially as time goes on. I would not be surprised to see these devices for sale for under $100 in two years.

I am glad you didn't fork out $800 of your own money BTW.

• Administrator
I would not say it is Off Topic as we are  discussing the cost of new technology products. Historically new technology always costs more than the same technology as it gets more developed and mass produced. The best example is the hand held calculators. I predict that these golf tracking instruments will drop in cost exponentially as time goes on. I would not be surprised to see these devices for sale for under $100 in two years.

I am glad you didn't fork out $800 of your own money BTW.

Cell phones do more now, and that's why the cost has not dropped from the $800 you quoted. @club ho , you are still paying $800+ for your iPhone 6. You're just not paying it all at once.

Back to the topic.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'd like to delete all rounds and start fresh In March, but it won't let me...

If you contact customer support they can 'unsign' your rounds so you can edit/delete them. (at least that was the case during the summer).

I had a good conversation with the folks at ARCCOS GOLF about there product. I was very impressed with there explanations of how the device works.

Long story short I went on AMAZON and was able to buy an ARCCOS new with free 2 day shipping for $342.

If I didn't already have a amazon credit card I could have gotten another $70 off.

Looking forward to getting it hooked up.

I had a good conversation with the folks at ARCCOS GOLF about there product. I was very impressed with there explanations of how the device works.

Long story short I went on AMAZON and was able to buy an ARCCOS new with free 2 day shipping for $342.

If I didn't already have a amazon credit card I could have gotten another $70 off.

Looking forward to getting it hooked up.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Michael