IGNORED

TST Explores GAME Golf

Got my system last night.  Used it for the first time this morning.  It is very, very, easy and simple to use.  Not a pain at all.

My morning course is a 36 hole course and they had two of the 9s mixed up though, so I can't sign off on the round at the moment.  I sent them an email for support and hopefully they should be able to correct it pretty easily and quickly so I can post the round.

I had that issue. A tee box on the 2nd 18, shares the tee box on the 18 I usually play. They thought I was playing the other hole.

So what I did was just manually added the hole. You can click on any hole that was not added, and it will add the drive. Then you can add shots, and move around the locations. Luckily I tagged my approach shot, so I went back and referenced that and using the image of the golf course to manually put that shot in.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I had that issue. A tee box on the 2nd 18, shares the tee box on the 18 I usually play. They thought I was playing the other hole.

So what I did was just manually added the hole. You can click on any hole that was not added, and it will add the drive. Then you can add shots, and move around the locations. Luckily I tagged my approach shot, so I went back and referenced that and using the image of the golf course to manually put that shot in.

Actually what I was trying to say is they have me playing the right nine(back) on the satellite views, but the wrong nine is listed for the back nine on the scorecard.  They actually have the front nine listed as the back nine on the actual score card.  So for instance it says the 11th hole is a par 4 when it is actually a par 3.   I hope they can correct it.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Actually what I was trying to say is they have me playing the right nine(back) on the satellite views, but the wrong nine is listed for the back nine on the scorecard.  They actually have the front nine listed as the back nine on the actual score card.  So for instance it says the 11th hole is a par 4 when it is actually a par 3.   I hope they can correct it.

Yea that is totally different. :whistle:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Yea that is totally different.

Haha yeah, it did also do something similar to your tee shot on that hole as well though.  Pretty easy fix.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

As much as I am extremely tempted to order one right now, I can't help but think if I wait another year it will get better and cheaper.  Just like everything else I buy for golf, I'm probably going to play the patience game and pick it up after it is "cutting edge technology".

I do have to say that I really enjoying seeing you guys posting links to your rounds so we can all see what you get for your money.

Randal

As much as I am extremely tempted to order one right now, I can't help but think if I wait another year it will get better and cheaper.  Just like everything else I buy for golf, I'm probably going to play the patience game and pick it up after it is "cutting edge technology".

I do have to say that I really enjoying seeing you guys posting links to your rounds so we can all see what you get for your money.

Couldn't agree more. There's no doubt I'm grabbing one next year and I do enjoy looking up everyone else's rounds.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

As much as I am extremely tempted to order one right now, I can't help but think if I wait another year it will get better and cheaper.  Just like everything else I buy for golf, I'm probably going to play the patience game and pick it up after it is "cutting edge technology". I do have to say that I really enjoying seeing you guys posting links to your rounds so we can all see what you get for your money.

Good idea ... Some of us just don't have the patience. ;) I used to ski a lot, and when I went and got skis, I'd always go at the beginning of the season and grab the previous seasons skis on clearance and joke that they would probably be duds because they were only designed for last years snow. ;)

Here is my crappy round from this morning. [URL=http://www.gamegolf.com/player/ciphernate/round/97810]http://www.gamegolf.com/player/ciphernate/round/97810[/URL]

And here is my (not so crappy ;)) round from this morning ... http://www.gamegolf.com/player/golfingdad/round/98069 In case you're wondering about the third hole, I lost my gap wedge tag on the first hole (in my bag, found it since) and teed off with it on 4. I didn't tag anything for that tee shot so the system just saw 4 putts in a row and assigned them all to the 3rd. I thought I fixed it, but it still shows that funky yellow line on there so maybe I didn't fix it all the way. Other than the one tag coming out, and another almost coming out I had no problems this morning. Didn't forget to tag anything, it was very easy and unintrusive. Tagging tap in putts was a little awkward because my putter tag isn't yet attached to my putter, but otherwise, everything was a piece of cake. And seeing the results is fun!

This is the first time in my life that I actually read 15 pages of a forum but I've found it interesting.

I'll be honest, I never really considered this device and we actually joked about it at the golf shop but now I am somewhat intrigued.

I like the fact that it shows your average club distance although it may humble those that hit every drive 320yrds. We will all know the truth if you post!   We all think we hit a certain club a certain distance but solid numbers could prove enlightening.  It also looks like it does have some legitimate tools to analyze parts of your game that would be helpful.

But......a few things I'd like to see before pulling the trigger.

GPS has gotten a lot more accurate than in the past.   I would like to see a feature that puts the pin where it belongs.  Be it a ball marker in your pocket that you can "tap" or even a button on the device to push when at the pin.   IMO, putts and chips are the money shots yet there is no way to see how you putt from 0-4ft, 4-10ft etc.....those are some critical stats for analyzing your game.  Maybe GPS technology just isn't there.   I really don't know.

I didn't notice, but does it tell you if your lie is in sand, heavy rough, med rough, fairway, etc?   Just curious.  I really like to know if I was hitting from sand if I look back months later and don't recall.

If this is geared towards a social goal I would like to see a few additional items when I look at someones round.   City and state of course would be helpful.  On the scorecard, highlight the tee played and provide rating/slope for each tee.   It's just a nice reference to have.   a 75 on a 74.1/142 course impresses me more than a 75 on a 67.9/113 course.   Not that you need to impress me but it's useful information from a "social" standpoint.

I just browsed the pages so maybe it's all there and I missed it too.

And finally........they need to allow color options!  My grips are yellow/black and a red button would clash and look awful.   Not to mention that's an IU color and no self respecting Purdue grad could own anything red................

The device does appear to have some merit and I look forward to more reviews.

• Upvote 1

And finally........they need to allow color options!  My grips are yellow/black and a red button would clash and look awful.   Not to mention that's an IU color and no self respecting Purdue grad could own anything red................

The device does appear to have some merit and I look forward to more reviews.

Well for me red works pretty good, Alabama and Nike ;) Also, thank you all for posting your gamegolf rounds on TST, it is an eye opening experience and I truly appreciate it, and you might find me following you, so don't stop to quickly. :bugout:

edited by brian

Brian   

I haven't gotten this yet (my game isn't consistent enough yet, I don't think), so this question is more out of curiosity than need to know:

How does this system handle provisional balls? (Especially if you use a different club for the provisional than you did for the original shot.)  Just use the yardage for the provisional and then edit the club later and add the penalty?

There are a couple scenarios that could come up with a provisional (e.g., found original ball; didn't find original so played on with the provisional; found original ball after second stroke at provisional ball but still short of where original ball was expected).  I figure most would require some guesswork and editing later on, but thought I'd ask.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• Administrator

How does this system handle provisional balls? (Especially if you use a different club for the provisional than you did for the original shot.)  Just use the yardage for the provisional and then edit the club later and add the penalty?

Just tag it again (the other club) and add a penalty shot to your first shot if necessary, and delete the second tag later if you found your original ball.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Quote:
Originally Posted by flintcreek6412 View Post

I like the fact that it shows your average club distance although it may humble those that hit every drive 320yrds. We will all know the truth if you post!   We all think we hit a certain club a certain distance but solid numbers could prove enlightening.  It also looks like it does have some legitimate tools to analyze parts of your game that would be helpful.

Interestingly this tied in with the shotzones for me, I actually hit the ball farther than I thought (not the standard 320 drives though :) ), but my mental picture of how far I hit the ball was tempered by my bad hits, at my handicap the bad hits are probably in the 1 in 10 region. Using game golf I now have a much better idea of how far I hit my standard shots.

GPS has gotten a lot more accurate than in the past.   I would like to see a feature that puts the pin where it belongs.  Be it a ball marker in your pocket that you can "tap" or even a button on the device to push when at the pin.   IMO, putts and chips are the money shots yet there is no way to see how you putt from 0-4ft, 4-10ft etc.....those are some critical stats for analyzing your game.  Maybe GPS technology just isn't there.   I really don't know.

I'd say that the GPS isn't quite there yet, its a great device, but I still find there is 5 mins of editing after a round. I just move my putts etc around to the correct spots while the round is fresh in my mind. I would still like a final tap is the pin position option, since even when the gps is a bit off, they seem to be accurate relative to each other.

I didn't notice, but does it tell you if your lie is in sand, heavy rough, med rough, fairway, etc?   Just curious.  I really like to know if I was hitting from sand if I look back months later and don't recall.

It does detect Fairway, rough and sand, but I've had a few cases where the detection is off and would like an option to change the automatic detection.

If this is geared towards a social goal I would like to see a few additional items when I look at someones round.   City and state of course would be helpful.  On the scorecard, highlight the tee played and provide rating/slope for each tee.   It's just a nice reference to have.   a 75 on a 74.1/142 course impresses me more than a 75 on a 67.9/113 course.   Not that you need to impress me but it's useful information from a "social" standpoint.

They seem to be driving the social part heavily with friends and challenges etc, personally I'd like to see them nail down the stats first, but I guess they see more benefit in getting people joining the website. If they added the slope etc they they would be able to add handicap tracking as well. Would be nice to have that option included.

I expect that they won't change the red for the same reason, you see red on the end of the club and you know its gamegolf. Perhaps once they have market traction, so a plastic insert means gamegolf, but until then I guess you're stuck with red.

Hi, My name is Matt.

Got my system last night.  Used it for the first time this morning.  It is very, very, easy and simple to use.  Not a pain at all.

My morning course is a 36 hole course and they had two of the 9s mixed up though, so I can't sign off on the round at the moment.  I sent them an email for support and hopefully they should be able to correct it pretty easily and quickly so I can post the round.

Just a follow up on this.  They are actively working on this and it is kind of fun because we have been going back and forth about the course and how to fix it.  It sounds like they are just going to end up listing this as one 27 hole course, so then I can play any combination of the three nine hole courses and it will have the correct par values.  Things are kind of goofy when you have a 27 hole course, but I am sure this is some great feedback for them so that they can make sure other courses like this are correct.

Nate

Not sure if it has been mentioned already but does GameGolf replace lost tags? I can't help but think that they're probably not that hard to lose or fall out. Hope I'm wrong..

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

• Administrator

Not sure if it has been mentioned already but does GameGolf replace lost tags? I can't help but think that they're probably not that hard to lose or fall out. Hope I'm wrong..

They don't fall out very easily, no. Plus, you can glue them in.

They give you 18 to start - so you can lose four and replace them with other tags. I don't know what their plans are if you need more. I was able to get (I paid some too) two more sets of tags… just for other sets of clubs.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets