IGNORED

Whats the longest time you have taken to play 18 holes?

Stuartmacgregor
Note: This thread is 3507 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

PLayed a course on Saturday that usually takes 2 and a half hours but stuck behind 6 slow groups and ended up taking us 4 hours, longest for a medal was 5 hours on the PGA Gleneagles (Ryder cup course) which was in high winds.

Stuck behind a ladies league during a weekday a couple weeks ago, back 9 took me just under 3 hours. Front nine I wrapped up in < 90 minutes, really frustrating to take twice that long to finish my round. That's my longest round for the year, a little over 4 hours total.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 hours at Myrtle Beach. It was 98 degrees and humid. My wife and I got paired up with an old guy and his wife. My wife had just started out so she struggled to advance the ball but knew when to pick up. The old guy was probably a 25 index or a little higher and played the box in front of me. His wife barely even swung and advanced the ball 30 or 40 yards at a time and never picked up. I seriously hit my tee shot and watched 15+ shots before I got to my 2nd shot on almost every hole. Sad thing is we only fell behind slightly on the pace of the course.

James

I played a round with friends that took 5.5 hours!!! Oh yeah did I forget to mention we were the slow group! 2 of us were new to the game one was just a slow golfer and the other was in a solo rider cart. All that being said one of the new guys (not me) was always on his phone. After he hit he would take off his glove and wouldn't put it on until he was ready to hit again. The other guy did the same with his glove. 3 out of the 4 guys played the same course the following week (minus phone guy) and we did it in just over 4 hours. The replacement we had was a fairly decent golfer and never was on the phone so that really did speed things up. Since then we all picked up the pace in one way or another.

in my :tmade: 25th anniversary r7 bag,

Driver: :tmade: r7 superquad,

Fairway metal: :tmade: rbz stage 2 15*,

Hybrid: :tmade: rbz 3 hybrid,

Irons: 3-pw :tmade: tour preferred,

Wedges: :tmade: atv 54* 58*,

Putter: :odyssey: white ice #9 custom painted

Balls: :tmade: rocketballz urethane

Played in a charity scramble one time that took 5:45.  Mid-summer down here, hotter than hell, and almost no water on the course.  Saw the cart girl once, on something like the 3d hole.

My buddy and I were paired with an older couple.  After the round I mentioned that we were out there for 5:45 and she looked at me and said, it didn't feel like a minute over 5:40 to me!  She had a better sense of humor than I did at that point!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

6 hours, 40 minutes in a tournament. Already waiting by the 3rd tee.

Obviously played like shit. Can't get into any momentum in that environment

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

7 hours and change. Muni in the Bronx, NY. Waited 20+ minutes on one hole alone. It was when I first started playing and didn't know any better. Courses in a big metropolis tend to be like this. People do whatever the hell they want. There's no consideration. Kind of like driving in a big city. Laws and rules are a guidelines to be stretched.

When I see people complaining about 4-5 hour rounds, I chuckle. Ha ha. Yeah, relative to where you are, that's longer than usual, but relative to the whole country...

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Scramble took over 6 hours a few years ago, will never play in one again. I've had some over 5 hour rounds this year on busy days. It's a big reason I play when I do. After 4PM on Sat and Sun and after 5PM M-F. With football season and kids back in school courses should slow down a bit.

Dave :-)

6 hours, 30 min it was about 100 out we got to the 11 hole and walked off, that was at David L Baker in Orange County. Not the first time we had played there that we ended up over 5 hours. 18 hole ex course, paid over $85 for me and my son to play, have not been back.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Orange County has some doozies - my worst was Westridge, in La Habra. 2:30 tee off time, but we actually teed off closer to 2:50. By the time we finished the 9th hole, it was past 6pm. There were several tee boxes with multiple groups waiting and not a marshall or a cart girl to be found. I have never been back, although I've heard the place is under new ownership and has improved the player experience. All the same, I get the golf version of PTSD when I think about that round.

7 hours and change. Muni in the Bronx, NY. Waited 20+ minutes on one hole alone. It was when I first started playing and didn't know any better. Courses in a big metropolis tend to be like this. People do whatever the hell they want. There's no consideration. Kind of like driving in a big city. Laws and rules are a guidelines to be stretched. When I see people complaining about 4-5 hour rounds, I chuckle. Ha ha. Yeah, relative to where you are, that's longer than usual, but relative to the whole country...

Over 7 hours! I've played 2 rounds in well under that, I would have walked on the nearest hole to the bar!

Gaz Lee

Orange County has some doozies - my worst was Westridge, in La Habra. 2:30 tee off time, but we actually teed off closer to 2:50. By the time we finished the 9th hole, it was past 6pm. There were several tee boxes with multiple groups waiting and not a marshall or a cart girl to be found. I have never been back, although I've heard the place is under new ownership and has improved the player experience. All the same, I get the golf version of PTSD when I think about that round.

I live very close to that course (5 min) away. Some of the boys off my sons HS team worked there part time and never got paid so they left. Also during the summer you can play after 5:00 until 6:00 for $20. After 6:00 find a cart kid if you flip him $20 for your group he will give you a cart. That course is all messed up and no gives a crap what goes on there.

Not sure if it has gotten any better or not, the last time we walked on there were guys walking the course picking up balls to sell. To bad it was a nice course to play when it first opened.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

I am not sure of how long it took, I may still be there.

Its a long story, but I will leave most of the drama behind.

I had a coupon to a course I had never been to and needed a partner, it was a Friday.

I take a guy that I know that is kind of down on his luck, wife left him, lost his job, all in the run of a month.

He uses my extra set of clubs, no big deal, he has not played in several years.  But he was an athlete back in the day.

He is several years younger than me.

The first nine where bad, he was slow to the tee, slow to the ball, slow getting back in the cart.  I mean old woman slow, he

would set in the cart until after I teed off on most holes, then get his club and make his way to the tee box.

When we made the turn we stopped in the club house to grab a bite, it was part of the deal.  It was a hot dog and a bag of chips.

It took him 20 minutes to eat and another 10 to finish his drink.  There was no one behind us when we made the turn, but by

that time the group behind was pressing hard.  They where two couples in there 70-80's!

The second nine was way worst than the first, he was shot, he is not over weight and to look at him you would think not in bad

shape.  He would leave the cart just long enough to hit a shot, if I had let him he would have driven onto the green and in the tee box.

He wanted me to drive him to his ball on every shot, even if our balls where 15-20 yards apart.  I would park at his ball walk 20 yards to

mine, hit it and walk back, he might still be getting his club out!

At one point on the last hole he fell out of the cart.  It was horrid, he has asked me several times when we are going again...

The place was pretty empty being a weekday and early, if we had been holding anyone up I would have just packed up a left.

It was by far the longest golf game of my life.

• Upvote 2

I've played 5 hour rounds and that is about the longest. Any more and I have lost all enjoyment. The longest rounds I play are with beginners who refuse to pick up when they get to triple bogey and who spend 10mins looking for a ball in the rough on every other hole.

Henry

I'm discounting scrambles and shambles, because those always take a lot longer than normal rounds. My longest round would be somewhere between 5 hours, 15 minutes and 5 hours, 30 minutes. A course that always plays slow (poorly designed) plus a weekend crowd equals a 5+ hour round.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Over 7 hours! I've played 2 rounds in well under that, I would have walked on the nearest hole to the bar!

Like I said, I was just starting out, didn't know my options. If I knew the lay of the land like i do now, suffice to say it wouldn't have happened.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

7 hours and change. Muni in the Bronx, NY. Waited 20+ minutes on one hole alone. It was when I first started playing and didn't know any better. Courses in a big metropolis tend to be like this. People do whatever the hell they want. There's no consideration. Kind of like driving in a big city. Laws and rules are a guidelines to be stretched.

When I see people complaining about 4-5 hour rounds, I chuckle. Ha ha. Yeah, relative to where you are, that's longer than usual, but relative to the whole country...

Haha.  Yeah.  I've never done 7 hours, but I've done 6+ on munis in LA.  Random weekend rounds, not tourneys or anything.

On no consideration, the most pissed I've been recently about slow play was actually a 4:30 round.  Buddy and I got two spots in the 3rd tee time of the day at 5:42am.  First group out was 4 old guys taking their sweet time, dawdling around, looking for their balls forever, playing 90s at best, taking forever on putts, etc.  At one point we were going opposite directions down adjoining fairways and I called out that they were playing the first tee time of the day in a 4.5 pace and could they pick it up.  The guy who heard me looked up, scoffed/scowled at me, didn't say a word, and turned his head back towards looking for his ball.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Note: This thread is 3507 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!