IGNORED

2014 Barclays Discussion Thread

Crim
Note: This thread is 3534 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just think the motivation factor for Rory can't be very high after playing three big tournaments like that and winning. I think he'll ramp it back up the last two Fed Ex events and The Ryder Cup.

I read on espn.com that Rory "hung out in NY for a few days after the PGA, then returned to Europe . .hung out there for a bit . .then went to the Manchester United opener on Saturday, flew to the US on Sunday, had corporate obligations with Nike on Monday . .and then went to The Barclays.

I'm older than Rory but that just sounds ridiculous.  I travel for work and just spending 4 days away from home and the travel back and forth pretty much wipes me out on the weekends.  If I tried to do what Rory did, I'd arrive at The Barclays in severe need of about a week-long nap, lol.

Played there in June and attended the Barclay's the last time it was at Ridgewood and was going to go again this week, but decided to go downashore tomorrow for a long weekend. Great spot to watch golf. I highly recommend it if anybody is thinking of going.

Phan

i got tix for sunday, first pga event any tips on what to bring or not to bring, cell phone policy???

thanks,

Chris

I read on espn.com that Rory "hung out in NY for a few days after the PGA, then returned to Europe . .hung out there for a bit . .then went to the Manchester United opener on Saturday, flew to the US on Sunday, had corporate obligations with Nike on Monday . .and then went to The Barclays.  I'm older than Rory but that just sounds ridiculous.  I travel for work and just spending 4 days away from home and the travel back and forth pretty much wipes me out on the weekends.  If I tried to do what Rory did, I'd arrive at The Barclays in severe need of about a week-long nap, lol.

I'm guessing he doesn't have to do things most of us have to. Buy tickets, arrange for transport to airport, the whole plane loading process since he's doing the private jet thing. That's way easier. Plus he's got more room in the plane. And that's just flying. Money makes a lot of things way easier. And he's running on the adrenaline of winning and probably the energy of well wishers. OTOH, it is tiring but a guy in his 20s, should be no problem.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I read on espn.com that Rory "hung out in NY for a few days after the PGA, then returned to Europe . .hung out there for a bit . .then went to the Manchester United opener on Saturday, flew to the US on Sunday, had corporate obligations with Nike on Monday . .and then went to The Barclays.

I'm older than Rory but that just sounds ridiculous.  I travel for work and just spending 4 days away from home and the travel back and forth pretty much wipes me out on the weekends.  If I tried to do what Rory did, I'd arrive at The Barclays in severe need of about a week-long nap, lol.

Not if you got paid as much money as he did for all of that lol...I'd somehow find that extra energy

Anyone else having issues with the PGAtour app?

Edit: Just as I typed that it started working

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Go Danny Lee!

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

If you didn't know not to hit from the wrong green....well soon you'll know. ;-)

http://www.pgatour.com/content/pgatour/tourreport/2014/08/22/noh-assessed-two-stroke-penalty-for-hitting-from-green.html

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

If you didn't know not to hit from the wrong green....well soon you'll know. ;-) [URL=http://www.pgatour.com/content/pgatour/tourreport/2014/08/22/noh-assessed-two-stroke-penalty-for-hitting-from-green.html]http://www.pgatour.com/content/pgatour/tourreport/2014/08/22/noh-assessed-two-stroke-penalty-for-hitting-from-green.html[/URL]

OH NOH!...I'm sorry somebody had to do it.

Riley

If you didn't know not to hit from the wrong green....well soon you'll know. ;-) [URL=http://www.pgatour.com/content/pgatour/tourreport/2014/08/22/noh-assessed-two-stroke-penalty-for-hitting-from-green.html]http://www.pgatour.com/content/pgatour/tourreport/2014/08/22/noh-assessed-two-stroke-penalty-for-hitting-from-green.html[/URL]

So now what if a players' shot lands in a spot between the hole and divot on the green?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

You'd think the player or at least the caddie would know about that rule.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rory had a lesser tournament this week. He hasn't had much rest and time to focus on golf since his last win.

It's just the first playoff tournament, he can have a week off and come back stronger later on.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

So now what if a players' shot lands in a spot between the hole and divot on the green?

or even with the divot on the putt line.....too bad for them

I bet they get it repaired pretty decently....

Bill - 

Note: This thread is 3534 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!