IGNORED

Glove Vs. No Glove

webb1522
Note: This thread is 1397 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I gotta wear a glove. I wore a batting glove on each hand, I wore WR/DB gloves in high school, it's only natural I wear a glove on the course. I do remove the glove when putting.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Glove for me. I wear it from driver to 9 iron and I take it off for wedges, chips, and putts. Sometimes when I'm in between clubs and using a non full-swing short iron (say 145 out) I'll take off the glove as well.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A glove is a must for me......  whether it's a hot/humid day or not.  When it is hot/humid day, a fresh glove is an absolute must.   I always immediately remove it between shots to keep it as dry and sweat free/fresh as possible, and never putt wearing a glove.

On hot days, I'll rotate between multiple gloves!   I'll save the new/fresh glove for drives and long shots.  I'll use a slightly older glove for shorter iron shots.   I am a lefty that is particular about which type of gloves I wear.   No pro-shop I have ever visited regularly stocks the "top of the line" gloves for lefties, so I order mine 6 at a time in advance!!   I buy them by the box so I always have what I need.  When I get down to 1-2 new gloves in my bag, I'll order 6 more.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I used to wear holes in my gloves and I thought that was normal but I've been using the same glove for at least a couple dozen rounds now and it's not developing a hole in the palm like it used to.  In fact, aside from some discoloration and stretching it looks like it's not wearing at all while I play.  I was pretty excited about this when I noticed it a couple weeks ago because I think it means I'm on the right track as far as grip.  I'll still probably keep using a glove though since I like the feel of it.

Since wearing glove left hand my handicap has dropped. I don't wear any from 75 yards in. I tend to grip tight with my left hand for the long game and develop painful blister that prevents my from playing if I play one or two rounds without gloves

I haven't worn a glove since 1992, when I watched Fred Couples win the Masters without a glove.  For me, it's just another piece of equipment that I have to replace several times a year and I don't see where it helps me.

• Upvote 1

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I'm a newbie.  Started w/one golf glove while driving but, I was practicing so much, I switched to wear batting gloves on both hands for a better grip and to prevent blisters.  Wear the gloves regardless of the club, except when chipping/pitching or putting. Will probably lose the 2nd glove after I learn how to properly relax my grip/swing but in the meantime it seems to help me to wear both.

Callaway FT9 Driver (10N)
Jones/Ortiz 3W(13), 4W (17) & 5W (19)
Jones/Ortiz  3H (21) 4H (25) & 5H (30)
Titleist DCI Gold - 3-PW (21-48)
Titleist Vokey PW (48-6), GW (52-8), SW (56-10) & LW (60-4)
Northwestern (Tom Weiskopf) #309 Putter

I have always worn a glove, but one day recently I decided to hit at the range without one. I seemed to hit the ball better, but haven't tried it out on the course yet. It's still hot here in MI, so once I'm not sweating my ass off while playing, I'm going to give it a shot. I will say that the Nike all-weather gloves are AMAZING in rainy wet conditions. The wetter they get the better they grip.

Cheers,
Rick Menary

No glove.  I have a pair of winter gloves, but I mostly wear them to hold the steering wheel when driving the cart.  I still swing bare handed.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

No glove.  I have a pair of winter gloves, but I mostly wear them to hold the steering wheel when driving the cart.  I still swing bare handed.

Yeah I have those gigantic Titleist mittens for that. No winter golf for me this year unless temps top 50.

Dave :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Yeah I have those gigantic Titleist mittens for that. No winter golf for me this year unless temps top 50.

Dollar Store cooking mittens for me. They slip on, and off well over my golf gloves.

• Upvote 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I wear a glove every shot. I never understood taking it off to putt so wear it on the green too.

I tear up my hands even with a glove on, my right index finger generally gets a bit of damage from my grip even with a glove.

:powerblt: Air force one complete set

:powerblt: TPS Putter

:oakley: Shirts

:footjoy: shoes

I wear a glove every shot. I never understood taking it off to putt so wear it on the green too. I tear up my hands even with a glove on, my right index finger generally gets a bit of damage from my grip even with a glove.

You're a righty but your right index finger gets beat up? :blink:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I haven't worn a glove since 1992, when I watched Fred Couples win the Masters without a glove.

Plenty of pros and cons for wearing a golf glove.

Personally, I would love to go gloveless, because it would reduce my cost of playing golf. But, as a young man I hit a lot of balls, and wearing a glove reduced damage to my left hand. Believe me, I've tried playing without a glove, but it just doesn't feel right. C'est la vie.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Note: This thread is 1397 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!