IGNORED

Allowable Discussion During Round

nedlou
Note: This thread is 3515 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi everyone, first time poster.

I've been golfing with the same group for quite some time and we are all single men in our low to mid 30's. One of the guys in our group claims that talking about women and/or dating during the round is detrimental to play and he has outlawed any mention of females while on the course. Does anyone else abide by this rule?

To me, a group of dudes should enjoy four hours of uninterrupted male bonding by drinking beers and discussing manly topics such as sports, work, fitness and girls! An all male foursome represents the ultimate bro sanctuary and the talk of beautiful women (or even not so beautiful women...) should serve as an inspiration from the tee box all the way to the green!

Am I wrong here??

Thanks,

I'm just going to say that a couple players on my golf team use their rangefinders for more than just finding distances during their rounds.

That being said, all discussion is fine in moderation. I'd say it wouldn't hurt to discuss it as long as you aren't loudly talking during a swing or getting people laughing right before a shot.

If it's only that guy who dislikes it, I'm sure you could overrule him if the other two also felt like discussing the topic.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A guy who does not want to talk about females would worry me................

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I'm just going to say that a couple players on my golf team use their rangefinders for more than just finding distances during their rounds. That being said, all discussion is fine in moderation. I'd say it wouldn't hurt to discuss it as long as you aren't loudly talking during a swing or getting people laughing right before a shot.  If it's only that guy who dislikes it, I'm sure you could overrule him if the other two also felt like discussing the topic.

I was under the impression that was the ONLY thing rangefinders could do. Is there some sort of golf reason for them? :blink:

• Upvote 1

Riley

You may be talking switch hitter there.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Am I wrong here??

No

Would he rather talk about dating dudes? ;-)

• Upvote 3

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

That guy is a prick.

Why? [quote name="Patch" url="/t/77049/allowable-discussion-during-round#post_1052123"]A guy who does not want to talk about females would worry me................ [/quote]Same question to you. I don't talk about women often, and never on a golf course. [quote name="Strandly" url="/t/77049/allowable-discussion-during-round#post_1052189"]I think you got a gay buddy. [/quote]That's not the same conclusion that I reached, but even if it is true, what's wrong with that?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Why?

Because he's so self-centered that he thinks he gets to choose what other people talk about.

My friends would:

(a) Tell me to piss off.

and/or

(b) Think I had completely lost my mind.

• Upvote 2

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA....let's not jump to conclusions here. I know the OP said they're all single but this guy might be the only one of them in an actual relationship with a woman. That would go a LONG way toward explaining why he doesn't want to talk about women.

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA....let's not jump to conclusions here. I know the OP said they're all single but this guy might be the only one of them in an actual relationship with a woman. That would go a LONG way toward explaining why he doesn't want to talk about women.

So he gets to set or ban topics? :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Because he's so self-centered that he thinks he gets to choose what other people talk about. My friends would: (a) Tell me to piss off. and/or (b) Think I had completely lost my mind.

Yea but that's on them to abide by this one guy's "rule." I don't really think that makes him a prick. Maybe if he was being a jerk about it, but I didn't really get that impression from the OP.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Hi everyone, first time poster.

I've been golfing with the same group for quite some time and we are all single men in our low to mid 30's. One of the guys in our group claims that talking about women and/or dating during the round is detrimental to play and he has outlawed any mention of females while on the course. Does anyone else abide by this rule?

Am I wrong here??

Thanks,

Welcome.

You are not wrong here.

Would not want to be his cart companion.

Outlawing a topic -- if he used that word - seems prickish. Perhaps he loses focus during the round if the talk centers around women. But it is his issue and he needs to overcome it. As long as the rest of  you are not being pricks about women - or being loud or disrespectful in front of other women, then he should learn to let it go...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Note: This thread is 3515 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!