IGNORED

Post Your GAME Golf Rounds

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
On 8/30/2017 at 9:54 PM, iacas said:

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1816660

69, Black (72.7/137) at Lawrence Park today.

Followed that up with a 71 at Downing from the Blue tees (back) on a very windy day.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1820560

71 is one under par, and I shot this despite only two birdies. Some other notes…

• I got up and down from 235 yards… twice.
  • One of those times was for par after a drive drifted left and OB.
  • I had only one other shot that was a difficult up and down.
  • I mis-hit the ball "badly" by my standard five times, maybe seven.
  • I hit trees pretty solidly twice. Both were on par fives.
  • I saved par (almost birdied) after punching a low 6I 140 yards (to a hole 150 yards away) beneath two trees that I would have a hard time walking under without bending over. It's important to get nGIR when you can.
  • I drove the ball a bit left all day. Lower body wasn't helping me much.
  • Lot of wind. Hit a lot of 3/4 type shots with an extra club or two.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot an 80 today. http://www.gamegolf.com/player/klineka/round/1827387 

Wasnt horrible, wasnt great. I was driving better for the most part than I have been, managed to get a couple out close to 300, but also popped a few up that were only around 200. 

The highlight of the round was when sunk a 20+ foot putt for a birdie after driving it 295 and then hitting the lob wedge to 20ish feet.

Couldnt take advantage of the Par 5s, and had multiple bogeys on them. I hit some absolutely terrible 3 wood shots from the fairway/light rough. 

I kind of forgot to think about shot zones and some of the course management topics in LSW, time to reread those.The fairways on this course are very tight and I should have adjusted some of my target zones away from some of the trees

Based on the data from GameGolf so far (only 2 rounds) I am losing 4.5 strokes per round on approach shots, 1.2 shots off the tee, .32 shots on short game, and I'm actually gaining .08 strokes per round on putting compared to a scratch player. I think that my thoughts on the rounds I have entered into GameGolf reflect what the numbers are showing. I have been confident around the green and putting lately, just have to keep working on the long game.

Clearly for me irons and 3 woods need the most work, followed by the driver. Time to keep working on the drills my evolvr coach has me doing.

Edited by klineka

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, klineka said:

Based on the data from GameGolf so far (only 2 rounds) I am losing 4.5 strokes per round on approach shots, 1.2 shots off the tee, .32 shots on short game, and I'm actually gaining .08 strokes per round on putting compared to a scratch player. I think that my thoughts on the rounds I have entered into GameGolf reflect what the numbers are showing. I have been confident around the green and putting lately, just have to keep working on the long game.

You edit all of your rounds after the fact so that the distances (particularly on putts) are all correct, yes?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

14 minutes ago, iacas said:

You edit all of your rounds after the fact so that the distances (particularly on putts) are all correct, yes?

Correct. I noticed after the first round that the I often add the shot to my phone quicker than the GPS has time to register, especially on the putts so I after both rounds I have adjusted the putt distances and hole locations as necessary.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Shindig/round/1828042

86;  lost 3.34 off tee, 5.76 approach, 2.02 short game, 2.58 putting.  Total of 13.7 lost, versus a 13.9 differential -- have these stats always been that close?  The only one worse than a 15 handicap's average was driving, worse by 0.05.  If I hadn't pulled it into the trees on #18, I think I'd have beaten the 15 handicap in all four areas.  

Four approach shots sank me and I believe were a big cause of my strokes lost today;  tell me if I'm delusional.

* #3, 4-hybrid off tee on the first par-3.  Didn't get halfway there, and then hit an awful wedge that missed short ... only to pitch past and three putt.   A halfway decent 4-hybrid off the tee and I think I make a 4 there.

* #4, sitting my preferred flight 50-degree from the pin after two shots.  Somehow hit it right and 25 yards short in the bunker.  Splash out and three putt.   I think even if I miss the green with the 50 degree (it happens), I would pitch on and two putt, saving a shot. That shot plus the bunker shot together cost me one I think.

* #9, good lie in the fairway and I hit my 4-hybrid (again) ... grounder that finishes 50 yards right of the green.  I can either go over the trees or under.  I chose to try under, hit the tree, came down on the other side but not by much, missed the green with my next pitch, got up and down for my double bogey.   I think I should learn how to hit a high 50 yard wedge shot, such as for when I have the room to get up and over a tree and not much room under.

* #16, my third bad 4-hybrid of the day, chunked, didn't get up and down from 50 yards out but I'm not convinced this is a hole where I can reasonably say I can score better than 4 with a good but not great tee shot anyway. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

E at LP from the black tees.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1829337

It was pretty windy early on.

First ten holes went very well.  http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Shindig/round/1832753

And no GIR or near-GIR after that.  Somehow still finished with a 15.7 differential.  Tough, long course that I really should play more often.  I feel like almost every hole can be parred and yet I struggle to break 90 when I play there.  

Other than approach shots, everything was roughly at the 15 hcp level, with approach a little over one shot better.  Plenty of room for improvement going forward!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Everything is just inconsistent 

https://bnc.lt/yzOb/rL726fqTiG

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/klineka/round/1835184

Pretty solid round today, even with a few penalties. Made a couple long putts including a 20+ footer for a sand save and par save out of a greenside bunker.

Absolutely love the new M2 driver, I had 2 game golf rounds with my old driver and averaged 254 yards, today I averaged 271 yards, and the range of distances was much tighter with the M2. 

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/datkinson29/round/1837700

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/datkinson29/round/1837343

Walked 18 today, the course had 27 holes and was set up weird on the Game system so I had to play the two 9's as separate rounds on GG. They were my first two rounds on Game, and I love it! Super cool. I will say, one time I forgot to tag my drive on the East 9 -- I think it was the 5th hole -- I blasted my drive, but kind of hooked it and it went left, hit a mound and ended up going like 340. Anyway, when I got up there I realized it hadn't registered, and I was trying to add the tee shot but I accidentally added it to the wrong hole, then I tried to correct it and kept having issues, got frustrated, then whacked my approach from 115 without full concentration. I have really been working on having a deliberate routine and giving each shot my full attention and being decisive. Well, that did not occur with this shot, and I hit a grounder about 70 yards, then had to punch, was still short, pitch up and 2 putt -- double bogey. I shouldn't have, but I'd be lying if I said that hole didn't affect my mood negatively for about the next 20 minutes - which included a bogey on a par 5 and a drive into a water hazard.

Enough with that complaint. Game golf is awesome. Shot an 82 which I am happy with but felt like I could've been easily in 70's today if my short game wasn't awful. According to GG, I actually gained 0.64 strokes off the tee; but lost over 3 strokes in approach shots and short game shots, and almost 3 more strokes on the greens. I wonder how badly my punch shots affect strokes gained on approach shots. I also had two tee shots that went into water hazards, I would imagine that would hurt my strokes gained off the tee, I know I added penalty strokes on those but maybe I did something wrong because it's hard to believe I gained strokes off the tee if 2 were water balls. I will say I was hitting my tee shots great besides those two.

Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5* S driver
Nike VR-S 3W
Cobra AMP Cell 3H
Callaway Big Bertha 3-10i, 50* W
Ping M/B 56* W
Ping M/B 60* W
Odyssey Black Series #8 

18 hours ago, Dakota Atkinson said:

Walked 18 today, the course had 27 holes and was set up weird on the Game system so I had to play the two 9's as separate rounds on GG.

If you email support, they will fix it. Also, it lets them know how the course is set up. I had the same problem recently.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

4 hours ago, billchao said:

If you email support, they will fix it. Also, it lets them know how the course is set up. I had the same problem recently.

Thanks for the tip, I will let them know.

Tried to sneak in 9 after work with a co-worker, only got through 5 then started playing best ball because it was getting dark at a rapid pace. Can't believe summer has already flown by :( didn't really have any time to warm up or even putt before the round, and it showed. Hit a couple decent shots I guess. Oh well. Probably wasn't a good round to track with Game, since I was playing quickly and skipped warming up and a routine, but I really want to get more rounds on here so the sample size provides significant data.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/datkinson29/round/1839510

Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5* S driver
Nike VR-S 3W
Cobra AMP Cell 3H
Callaway Big Bertha 3-10i, 50* W
Ping M/B 56* W
Ping M/B 60* W
Odyssey Black Series #8 

• Administrator

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1842029

I didn't know I had finished under par, but I birdied 12, 14, and 17, and except for a bogey on 11, had a good front nine. The tee shot on 11 was good, at least… ;-)

Yesterday, http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Shindig/round/1843254 

87, 5 GIR, plus two hitting of a green with a full swing shot, and 6 near-GIR... and hitting my tee shot O.B. on hole two.  Just a pull that ended up in the par-3 course next door.  What a great opening:  par, resort bogey (aka a triple), par, par.

Lost 5.91 shots driving;  two obviously from O.B. on #2 (I assume O.B. is just an immediate "two shots lost" on whatever type of shot it was), a slice into a weird position on #18 that I had to pitch out with a hybrid (didn't hit that pitch out as well as I could have either), a few short drives (174 yards on #5... I realize it's uphill, but I feel I should be getting more than that when I'm in the fairway), a snap hook on #14 (where I fear going left anyway, one of these days I'm just going to hit a hybrid off that tee, even though I know I shouldn't).  But I hit some great drives, too:  had only a hybrid into the long par-4 #15, played a long par-5 as driver, 5-wood (not a great lie so I didn't pull 3 wood), 9-iron.

3.94 lost on approach (I'm very happy with that).  Any time I can keep this number under four I'm happy.

Lost 4.36 on short game;  included in here is a near-GIR on #5 that I didn't even get onto the green, a putt from off the green on #10 that went way past the hole, a pitch on #11 that didn't get to the green (got up and down for bogey from there), a super weak putt from off the green on #13, and an 80 yard wedge shot on #18 that I left short (got up and down for bogey from there too).  

Lost 0.78 putting.  I haven't looked too closely at this;  I think the issue is I am missing in the 6-10' range more than I should.  Perhaps I'll make that a point of practice in the near future.  Either way, two rounds this past month with under 1 shot lost putting (when I used to lost 2+ compared to 20 hcps) is both a sign of how much I was able to improve and how unimportant putting practice really is (since I was able to improve so much so quickly).

Bonus takeaway:  my approach and putting shots lost were lower than a 10 hcp expected value. I think this might be the first round I had where I had two categories with more than a one stroke advantage over a 10 handicap expected value.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/klineka/round/1844262

Played with a couple buddies who wanted to play from the white tees (5600 yds) so we did that today.

Approach shots with all of my wedges were excellent, had a 2 tap in birdies, one from about 40 yds out and one from 102 out.

Mixed results with the driver, had a few that were good, but also popped a few up and had some that missed more left than I'm used to. 

Didnt make any long putts, but no three putts.

Playing again tomorrow morning. I am loving the statistics and numbers I am getting from game golf.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/klineka/round/1845712

An ok 83. Had multiple chips get within a foot of the hole, pleased with the chipping and pitching lately.

There was a lot of OB and trouble on this course, first time playing it. I need to get better at shot mapping/course planning to take OB out of play, although I was having a 2 way miss with my driver so made it a little tough to predict which day it was going to go. Some drew left, and it seemed like the ones that I aimed right to account for the draw were the ones that sliced to the right. 

Greens were much quicker at this course than I am used to, took me a few holes to get used to them.

• Administrator

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1852704

69 at Whispering Woods… from the White tees. This is just barely below the course rating, so, not super exciting.

Note: This thread is 1033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!