IGNORED

What Would You Give To Hit It 40 Yards Further?

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3471 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Skwat.

• Upvote 1

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am not consistent enough to worry about it. I'd be happy just not having the dispersion from my best to worst drives in a round vary as much as 100 yards, and that's only the distance part of it.  Just hitting 14 good drives would be a game changer for me.

Dave :-)

I am not consistent enough to worry about it. I'd be happy just not having the dispersion from my best to worst drives in a round vary as much as 100 yards, and that's only the distance part of it.  Just hitting 14 good drives would be a game changer for me.

Really? With a 7.5 handicap?

The more I practise, the luckier I hope to get.

Really? With a 7.5 handicap?

Trees.

He's also most likely really good with his irons.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Trees. He's also most likely really good with his irons.

No doubt he'll reply for himself. And the trees comment makes no sense to me. You can't regularly drive into the woods and play to 7.5.

No doubt he'll reply for himself.

And the trees comment makes no sense to me. You can't regularly drive into the woods and play to 7.5.

I don't hit it into the woods, don't play any course like that. I was being somewhat facetious. But my drives could use some help.

Dave :-)

Crap already sold most of my soul a couple of times ... can I get 20 more yards with what little soul I have left?

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

40 yards would be huge for me, approaching 69 years old.  For those who advocate moving up to the senior tees, I have that option in the tournament league I play in.  The problem, since the competition allows for playing multiple tees...sometimes my handicap gets dinged by 3 or 4 strokes to play those senior tees.  Not a lot of fun when I could play from the regular tees at an 11 but have to play to a 7 from the senior tees.

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

What would I do for an extra forty yards? Keep doing what I'm doing, I suppose. Practice, take advice, try to get better. I've got a bit longer in recent months, but am typically driving the ball only about 230 yards. 250 is a big hit for me. I think my main limitation is that my angle of attack is too close to the horizontal, I need a more positive launch angle. Forty more yards may be beyond my scope. But making 250 the rule rather than the exception would make a significant impact on my scores.

• Administrator

Skwat.

Uhm, yeah, not that. Not for me, for how much I play. I would NOT do that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Question for you @mvmac, do you think that Bubba will be as good at 45 years old as David Toms was? I just wonder if Bubba can maintain his swing at 45 with the way that he swings at the ball. David's swing is classical and can be maintained well until 45 and likely a successful career upcoming on the senior tour.

I am interested in your thoughts.

Your exactly right and theres also one more important part.You look at guys likeTiger,Bubba,Phil,Rory and etc that are muscular and strong compared to a Toms.Say Toms hits it 310 but if hes in some longer thicker rough then hes gonna have more trouble getting out of it than a stronger guy.Theres a good reason Bubba has done really well at Augusta other than he shapes his shots a lot more that helps there.Augusta doesn't hardly have much rough and its just bombs away.Im sure you've seen Tiger in his day getting the ball out of the heavy rough pretty good because he can swing so hard at it and dig in and get it.

Question for you @mvmac, do you think that Bubba will be as good at 45 years old as David Toms was? I just wonder if Bubba can maintain his swing at 45 with the way that he swings at the ball. David's swing is classical and can be maintained well until 45 and likely a successful career upcoming on the senior tour.

I am interested in your thoughts.

Bubba is 36 and I don't think he's had any noteworthy injuries during his career. He's been swinging the same way for 30 years so he'll be fine by the time he's 45, he'll still hit the ball a long ways. He doesn't "snap" the knee the way Tiger did and he doesn't turn in a way that can cause lower back problems.

I think Bubba will be similar to Sam Snead, he'll always hit it far and have the long, unrestricted swing.

In terms of injury to his lead knee, here's the answer from his former fitness guy,

http://thesandtrap.com/b/throwing_darts/talking_to_bubba_watsons_coach_andrew_fischer_of_fishfit

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I had a little realization yesterday, after my lesson on Tuesday. It's about distance. It doesn't have to be hard. Conditioning is great and it's good for the body, and it can help with SS. There's SS and then there's tempo. We worked on a different takeaway and different back swing in my lesson. Tempo came easy because I'm a musician. Something I noticed. I could get the same distance with my 7 iron with less effort.

When you put SS and tempo together you get magic. The man in this video makes it look effortless. He even lifts his left heel. There's nothing violent in the swing. It's so smooth.

I think if I could swing like that I could hit it 40 yds further.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

- Lengthen my club shafts -> +5 yards

- Shave my club head.  Illegal for tournament usage but no one has to know for weekend rounds.   -> +15 yards

- Switch to distance golf balls. -> + 5 yards

- Play in high elevation areas. -> + 20 yards

- Play in courses where ball will roll forever  -> + 15 yards

+60 yards, just like that! :beer:

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I would take 40 yards in exchange for not drinking hot chocolate all winter.

To drive 320 yards you would give up hot cocoa? That seems a bit extreme if you ask me. :-D

- Lengthen my club shafts -> +5 yards

- Shave my club head.  Illegal for tournament usage but no one has to know for weekend rounds.   -> +15 yards

- Switch to distance golf balls. -> + 5 yards

- Play in high elevation areas. -> + 20 yards

- Play in courses where ball will roll forever  -> + 15 yards

+60 yards, just like that!

I think you gain more than 15 yards (like 20 to 40), but your club will not last that long. If your SS is anything over 85mph, the club face will be compromised at some point. I've heard some reviews that say the club faces break.

https://www.worldshottestdrivers.com/shop/driver-shaving/

Reviewer with 85 mph swing speed.

http://2013golfdriverreviews.com/golf-driver-shaving-is-it-worth-it/

You can see a few comments here .

Gain more distance with these: https://www.worldshottestdrivers.com/shop/1-dozen-bandit-illegal-golf-balls/

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I only said for this winter (the all winter implied was a single year). I'm not that crazy.

I think you gain more than 15 yards (like 20 to 40), but your club will not last that long. If your SS is anything over 85mph, the club face will be compromised at some point. I've heard some reviews that say the club faces break.

https://www.worldshottestdrivers.com/shop/driver-shaving/

Reviewer with 85 mph swing speed.

http://2013golfdriverreviews.com/golf-driver-shaving-is-it-worth-it/

You can see a few comments here.

Gain more distance with these: https://www.worldshottestdrivers.com/shop/1-dozen-bandit-illegal-golf-balls/

This would be something fun to try with my old driver, if it wasn't $100. I'm curious as to how much it really affects.

Note: This thread is 3471 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!