IGNORED

What Podcasts Do You Listen To?

jamo
Note: This thread is 2381 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just now, nevets88 said:

Rita sounds well adjusted and has records. Tyler has kids with 3 women before 21. Who are you gonna trust?

And yet, Tyler can seem earnest, while Rita does seem a bit opportunistic. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, jamo said:

And yet, Tyler can seem earnest, while Rita does seem a bit opportunistic. 

Agreed. Nothing is clear cut. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

One more episode to go. Wonder if S-Town is going to drop any bombs.

Steve

When your tv/movie podcast walks into your golf world and you listen to a non golfer talk about golf.

Fighting In The War Room: A Movies And Pop Culture Podcast: 162 – The Lost City of Z(ed), Golf, and Bad Movies that are Good
https://overcast.fm/+BUpgJNXB0

Steve

I heaped praises on the Apple Masters App in the Masters Thread, Alex Lindsey, an industry veteran and video expert does as well on MacBreak Weekly 

https://twit.tv/shows/macbreak-weekly/episodes/554?autostart=false

Steve

Finished S-Town, it's really well done and I enjoyed it but didn't like it as much as most did.

The podcast Still Processing has an interesting take on it.

Steve

I dont like to admit that I had a problem with credit cards in college, but I did. I listened to the Dave Ramsey podcast for 2 years and have since paid off over $60K in debt among student loans, a car, some personal loans and credit cards. I wouldnt say I strictly followed his plan, but I was able to still enjoy life while putting away 6 months savings, investing, and other than my house, I'm debt free.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

6 minutes ago, kpaulhus said:

I dont like to admit that I had a problem with credit cards in college, but I did. I listened to the Dave Ramsey podcast for 2 years and have since paid off over $60K in debt among student loans, a car, some personal loans and credit cards. I wouldnt say I strictly followed his plan, but I was able to still enjoy life while putting away 6 months savings, investing, and other than my house, I'm debt free.

Good for you man. The Dave Ramsey plan works, I did it too. I went from drowning in consumer debt in my 20's to having zero debt and a near-perfect credit score by my mid-30's. I recommend it to everyone. 

Steve

Listened to the latest Shack House for the segment on golf broadcasting.

Steve

• 2 months later...

Anyone listen to podcasts at "chipmunk" speed like this article describes?

http://www.cetusnews.com/life/How-Do-Podcast-Nuts-Find-the-Time--They-Listen-at-Chipmunk-Speed.HklZWyfSSW.html

The San Francisco tech-product manager, unable to find apps with speeds over 3x, created Rightspeed, a $2.99 app that accelerates podcasts in nearly unnoticeable 0.1x increments every two minutes. A one-hour podcast that begins at 2x, ends at 5x and takes 17 minutes.

“It’s sort of like the Roger Bannister, four-minute-mile effect,” Mr. Deutsch says. “Until you’re told it’s possible for a human to listen at this speed, you just decide you can’t.”

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

21 minutes ago, RandallT said:

http://www.cetusnews.com/life/How-Do-Podcast-Nuts-Find-the-Time--They-Listen-at-Chipmunk-Speed.HklZWyfSSW.html

Read more  

I use Overcast, which is one of the players mentioned in the article.  I like the Smart Speed setting (except for music like All Songs Considered)--I don't even notice that it's compressing the playback.  The pitch of the playback isn't affected, so the voices aren't higher.

overcast.jpg

Edited by Missouri Swede

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

On 4/6/2017 at 4:26 PM, jamo said:

I listened to it all within 24 hours. I don't even really know why I found it so interesting. 

Last I heard, @Golfingdad is on episode 3. 

I pretty much did the same. I listened to it driving to Augusta from ATL and on my Masters trip. The reason I liked it was I am into what I call 'slice of life' type shows. That is my term for a TV show. movie or podcast that exposes one to life as other people are living it. Of course the characters have to be interesting and their needs to be some type of conflict or drama. I think S-Town was all of that for me. The ending where you learned more about the central character was very interesting to me at least. 

On 4/6/2017 at 4:48 PM, nevets88 said:

Better than Serial? Or too different to say? Only halfway through 1st episode. Reviews coming up, so probably need to get going.

Different as others have already said. I would say not quite as detailed as Serial. I like Serial but have some issues with the way some of it is presented. At least for the Adnan Sayed episodes.

Jeff

In the bag:
:callaway: Epic Max 9.0 Project X Cypher 40 R 5.5
:tmade: R11S 3 Fairway
:ping: G425 4 & 5 hybrid 6-PW :cleveland: RTX 56 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2

10 hours ago, RandallT said:

1.5 is about the most, very liberal with ff/rew buttons though.

10 hours ago, Missouri Swede said:

I use Overcast, which is one of the players mentioned in the article.  I like the Smart Speed setting (except for music like All Songs Considered)--I don't even notice that it's compressing the playback.  The pitch of the playback isn't affected, so the voices aren't higher.

Great app. Does anyone else think the $10/year ad removal is pricey for a podcast app?

Steve

54 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Great app. Does anyone else think the $10/year ad removal is pricey for a podcast app?

I just use the free version. It wouldn't break me to subscribe, but after it went to the ad-based/subscription dichotomy I tried the ad-based version and it doesn't bother me.

Craig

As long as I'm posting in this thread today:

I've been listening to Lance Armstrong's podcast commentary on each day of the Tour de France, called Stages.

Regardless of what you may think of him, the controversy, etc., I find his insight into the daily events of the TDF to be interesting.

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been a podcast guy up til now, but listened to the first 2 episodes of s-town and looking forward to finishing. Pretty addictive. I didn't look too closely at this thread for fear of reading the ending. ?

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Note: This thread is 2381 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!