IGNORED

The Perfect Tee Dispenser

theodorayoch
Note: This thread is 3412 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

[QUOTE name="Hardballs" url="/t/79342/the-perfect-tee-dispenser#post_1096334"] In you go down on bended knee, you can actually push them into the ground using your thumb, and then stand up again! If you place your tee in the ground without bending your knees, remember to widen your stance for stability, should you struggle with either of these, there's always sitting down and using a toffee hammer? also I never carry more than 3 in my pocket as the weight can really zap your energy! Good luck[/QUOTE] But which is more important to a golfers game, the distance he presses the tee into the ground or the accuracy with which he gets the tee positioned perpendicular to the ground. See, we just cannot get away from the distance vs. accuracy debate - even when it comes to tees.

I prefer the maximum forward lean of my tees (up to 20 degrees forward of vertical) so the ball barely stays on- in the hopes that it is less friction on the ball as it leaves. When a ball sits in that little wooden cup, it's just so deep in there. Who knows how much the trajectory gets altered! So lean it forward. Just so it barely stays on. If the wind knocks it off, you know you're pushing the max lean and therefore max distance on your drive. My playing partners hate this almost as much as they hate when I have to put the tees in my pocket back in their proper order, like Bill above. Some people! So easily distracted.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In you go down on bended knee, you can actually push them into the ground using your thumb, and then stand up again!

If you place your tee in the ground without bending your knees, remember to widen your stance for stability, should you struggle with either of these, there's always sitting down and using a toffee hammer?

also I never carry more than 3 in my pocket as the weight can really zap your energy!

Good luck

this whole thread is great, but I'm giving maximum points for the use of "toffee hammer" on topic

Bill - 

I have actually started using my beard as a tee dispenser, I just put it in and then wait for the next whole to use it and bam never forget my tee not forget to dispense it! Phew I'm glad I figured out a solution for that problem!

Well I'm growing a beard from today! This is the ultimate dispenser, nice thick long ZZ top style, so I can tuck a spare ball at the bottom and my pitch mark repair tool in the sideburns, who needs pockets!

Gaz Lee

Well I'm growing a beard from today! This is the ultimate dispenser, nice thick long ZZ top style, so I can tuck a spare ball at the bottom and my pitch mark repair tool in the sideburns, who needs pockets!

I guess it depends on the type of beard you can grow.. The pitch mark tool is weighs too much so that is out. All seriousness though, I have a bunch of tees next to me in my car because I will usually forget to put it in the bag after the round.. Several times I have walked back in the house and had my wife make fun of me for having it sitting there.. The other one that worked was the small pencil, but that's another story for the pencil thread for those that have trouble accessing it from the bottom of their pockets :)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Hi guys! So I am a college student and am currently designing this product. The product in the picture is just a box I found with paper taped on but the idea for the product is the same. I trying to figure out:

1. If there is interest in a product like this (I am a college golfer and my tees always give me trouble)

2. What people would be willing to pay

3. Which product people would be interested in (The Mega, Long, or Short)

I know the picture of the product is not good but it is just a homemade rough draft. The product description is a more accurate display of what the tee dispenser will be.

This website is made to analyze interest.

Anyway, I would love some insight on whether or not other golfers would be interested in something like this.

Thanks!

I can't tell if you are really serious, but the idea doesn't seem to generate much traction.

Personally I keep things as simple as possible. In my right front pocket are 2 new tees and one broken, a coin, and a ball mark repair tool. Occasionally the ball. That's it. I replace the tees as necessary from my bag or preferably from discarded ones on the tee box.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Now if you are walking and using a minimalist bag with limited pockets, I could see a compact container for tees to keep in the bag somewhere. I would not want to spend more that $4. I usually use a ziplock sandwich bag for this purpose, though.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

I can't tell if you are really serious, but the idea doesn't seem to generate much traction.

Personally I keep things as simple as possible. In my right front pocket are 2 new tees and one broken, a coin, and a ball mark repair tool. Occasionally the ball. That's it. I replace the tees as necessary from my bag or preferably from discarded ones on the tee box.

Looks like the OP got banned, so I guess we can stop making fun of him now, haha.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

I hire a shirpa to lug around a bad of sand for me and use that to make a small mound and place my ball on it to tee off. More authentic and retro that way. Using a wooden tee is very, very passé.

—Adam

From the movie, "A Coffee in Berlin", have your a$$ kissing minion from work tee it up for you. F*&k; tees, just walk up and swing.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Note: This thread is 3412 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!