IGNORED

2015 The Honda Classic Discussion Thread

Silent
Note: This thread is 3336 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Rose starts with a double bogey, followed by a bogey. Yikes!

McIlroy also immediatly with a bogey. Very curious what the rest of the day will bring us.

~Jorrit

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah...I wonder if Amanda will dump him now as he is not the same guy she married.

Well, she obviously married him for his charming personality so I can't imagine she's going anywhere....as long as the checks keep coming in

• Administrator

Well, she obviously married him for his charming personality so I can't imagine she's going anywhere....as long as the checks keep coming in

Like you know.

I'm cynical, but… that's just disparaging.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Like you know.

I'm cynical, but… that's just disparaging.

I'm sorry but this couple has brought a little tongue in cheek criticism upon themselves. They're not exactly the class of the tour

• Administrator
I'm sorry but this couple has brought a little tongue in cheek criticism upon themselves. They're not exactly the class of the tour

How do you figure? IIRC you've made several backhand remarks about how she "obviously married him for his good looks and charm" or something. You don't know.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Not much wind out right now. But it's raining.

I figured that would be prime McIlroy weather. A little bit of Ireland without the wind. Isn't he notorious for playing sub-par (not the good sub-par) in sub-par weather, though?

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

How do you figure? IIRC you've made several backhand remarks about how she "obviously married him for his good looks and charm" or something. You don't know.

Dude, I was making a joke. Relax. So now I can't make predictions (i.e. "wild guess") about the future or poke fun at players on this forum? I would love to have a fun place to talk golf in a light-hearted way.

• Administrator
Dude, I was making a joke. Relax. So now I can't make predictions (i.e. "wild guess") about the future or poke fun at players on this forum? I would love to have a fun place to talk golf in a light-hearted way.

Uhm, okay "dude." This is at least the second time you've "poked fun" at Jason Dufner and Amanda Dufner. It goes beyond "poking fun" when you're passing judgment. If you want to talk about it, I've given you the opportunity to defend your position. There's very little discussion when everyone agrees with each other, and it's the most boring.

And… predictions are a guess.

You seem the bitter type. Anyone out there that you do like?

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

You seem the bitter type. Anyone out there that you do like?

Very untrue. I'm not a Dufner fan and have no problem admitting that. He's one of my 2 or 3 least favorite guys on tour and the list of guys I dislike can be counted on one hand.

Guys I like?

Sneds

DJ

Spieth

Fowler

Walker

English

Horschel

G Mac

Harrington

Els

....and the list goes on and on. I'm indifferent to Tiger and Rory.

And iacas there was no position to 'defend'...I was making a joke. If you choose to not like said comment, so be it, but there's nothing to argue for or against.

This would be a real bummer!

Rookie mistake DQs Hubbard from Honda: Forgot to register

PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. – Mark Hubbard got a break Thursday morning when Louis Oosthuizen withdrew because of neck spasms, giving the rookie a spot in the Honda Classic.

After shooting 4-over 74, Hubbard sought out a PGA Tour official to officially register for the tournament, which immediately sent up red flags and eventually a disqualification.

According to PGA Tour regulations Section IV. Conduct of Tournaments (A) (2) Commitments and Personal Registration:

“A player, including alternates who are eligible to practice on the tournament course, must register personally at the tournament site prior to any pro-am round or practice at the tournament course. Failure to do so will result in disciplinary action. Furthermore, a player failing to register prior to his first official tournament round shall be ineligible to participate in the tournament unless satisfactory evidence of mitigating circumstances has been provided to the on-site Tournament Director.”

According to PGA Tour rules official Slugger White, the first 10 alternates at Tour events are allowed to register. That policy is a change from years ago when a player could register only if he was in the field.

White confirmed that the first four alternates registered and that the alternate after Hubbard, Scott Pinckney, who got into the field as well after Andrew Svoboda withdrew, had registered.

“You’re protecting them, the (liability) insurance and everything else that comes with registering,” White said.

White confirmed that the Tour has looked at alternatives to registering onsite but said nothing has come of it.

“Shoot, all he had to do (on the first tee) is say he hadn’t registered,” White said. “(Tour official) Johnny Andrews was on the tee with the registration form (if needed).”

Veteran Chad Campbell has had only one disqualification in his Tour career: at the 2010 Deutsche Bank Championship, when he failed to register.

Brandel Chamblee, a Golf Channel analyst and former Tour winner, still bristles at recalling his failure to register at the 2002 Buick Challenge.

“Shot 67 too,” Chamblee said via email. “Still upset.”

Hubbard could not be reached for comment. He also made headlines at Pebble Beach when he proposed to longtime girlfriend Meghan McCurley on the 18th green.

According to White, Hubbard evidently had gone to the registration desk and gotten guest passes for the tournament but didn’t register at the time.

“I don’t know what the answer is,” White said. “They are told at orientation about the importance of registering.”

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

McIlroy is going the wrong way. Up to +4.

I still have faith he'll make the cut and get a top 25 by the end of the tournament :D

COME ON RORS

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

I am amazed at how rough these guys are hitting 2 weeks in a row. Mechanics seem to be off on so many, they look like us on the course. Plus they are killing my fantasy team.

I will say I get a kick out of the announcers everytime they are in a bad spot, they say "I don't know how he is going to get out of there" hahahaha, I can give pointers, but the pros do a great job.

Super impressed by Reed's performance so far.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 3336 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!