IGNORED

2015 NFL Football Thread

phan52
Note: This thread is 3149 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Fair enough, but I was looking at it as in the whole topic of what happened with spy gate is off topic and let's keep this thread about the NFL in 2015 :)

I agree completely. I don't think my comment extended the degree to which this is off-topic though. Some folks just can't take Queen Elsa's advice, and the topic just keeps resurfacing. (To a lesser extent, I'd genuinely like to have the distinction explained to me, but the only person I know offline who harps on the edge nickname (and all that goes with it) also thinks of Dustin Johnson as a cheater, so I can't get an explanation from him.) To drag this back on topic, can I offer a reward of some crayons for whoever produces a stupid cheating-related nickname for Arthur Blank in relation to the Falcons' recent punishment?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

To drag this back on topic, can I offer a reward of some crayons for whoever produces a stupid cheating-related nickname for Arthur Blank in relation to the Falcons' recent punishment?

Hmmm, how about this one:  Arthur "Cheater" Blank?

Get it?  He cheated, so I figured that if we gave him the nickname "cheater" everybody would understand that we were saying that he was a cheater who cheated.

No?

Too subtle?

Well, forget you people then. :censored: I didn't want your stupid crayons anyway! :cry:

I agree completely. I don't think my comment extended the degree to which this is off-topic though. Some folks just can't take Queen Elsa's advice, and the topic just keeps resurfacing. (To a lesser extent, I'd genuinely like to have the distinction explained to me, but the only person I know offline who harps on the edge nickname (and all that goes with it) also thinks of Dustin Johnson as a cheater, so I can't get an explanation from him.) To drag this back on topic, can I offer a reward of some crayons for whoever produces a stupid cheating-related nickname for Arthur Blank in relation to the Falcons' recent punishment?

Must have missed it. What happened to the Falcons?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Must have missed it. What happened to the Falcons?

Earlier, the story you were accusing the dude of making up (about Tiger) was on the front page of Yahoo.com and this one is on the front page of espn.  A little research can go a long way. ;)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12586639/nfl-expected-take-draft-pick-atlanta-falcons-suspend-team-president-rich-mckay-competition-committee

Earlier, the story you were accusing the dude of making up (about Tiger) was on the front page of Yahoo.com and this one is on the front page of espn.  A little research can go a long way. ;) [URL=http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12586639/nfl-expected-take-draft-pick-atlanta-falcons-suspend-team-president-rich-mckay-competition-committee]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12586639/nfl-expected-take-draft-pick-atlanta-falcons-suspend-team-president-rich-mckay-competition-committee[/URL]

Getting some conversation going that's all, and I can't believe you blame me for not believing that someone said that Tiger got his "edge" back.. :) but that's off topic for this thread.

Eyad

I wish that the cheating would have paid off for them.. They didn't even get a winning home record out of it.. Stupid!

Eyad

Getting some conversation going that's all, and I can't believe you blame me for not believing that someone said that Tiger got his "edge" back.. :) but that's off topic for this thread.

Hey, I'm all for telling people when they're wrong, and being rude or curt when it's warranted, however, I don't want to end up with egg on my face.  So in a situation like the Tiger deal earlier, even if I hadn't read the story yet, I'd do a cursory check before accusing him of making up the rumor.  That's all. :)
And the only reason I gave you a hard time about researching it because it happened twice in the same day.

This is why I'm tired of the Pats are cheaters argument, you can say that if you want for 2006 but after that, sorry.  taping signals before wasn't against the rules and they didn't do it after being caught.

But why I get so chapped is that most football fans are not up to their teams shenanigans or conveniently forget. The point is that most people point to the Pats as some unethical emobidiment of all that's wrong as if there teams the the rest of the league have no skeltons in their closest or are a virtuous bunch. So two of teh biggies

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2000-12-05/sports/0012050096_1_salary-cap-violations-carmen-policy-penalties

"It costs less to cheat in the NFL than it does in the NBA. That was the message following a "settlement" of alleged violations by the San Francisco 49ers in shady contract deals for Steve Young, Brent Jones, Lee Woodall and Jim Druckenmiller made by former 49ers bosses Carmen Policy and Dwight Clark, both now with the Cleveland Browns.

Compared with the five No. 1 draft choices and $3.5 million fine it cost the NBA Minnesota Timberwolves in their October case involving the illegal secret contract of Joe Smith, the NFL penalties were mere slaps on the wrist--fines of $400,000 or less plus the loss of a No. 3 and a No. 5 draft choice by the 49ers."

So are the 49ers cheaters?  If not why?

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=861&dat;=19700414&id;=S8hHAAAAIBAJ&sjid;=m38MAAAAIBAJ&pg;=3392,2198352&hl;=en

So are the Dolphins cheaters? If not why?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/26/report-seahawks-fined-stripped-of-minicamp-days-for-violating-no-contact-practice-rules/

How about those Seahawks, only a 300,000 dollar fine for offseason workout violations.  Don't even get me started about the Ravens and their thug of a wife beater T-Sizzle and the obstructor of justice Ray lewis and the wife beater Ray Rice and the rest of the B-More gang bunch.  There is plenty of crap to go around.

The Falcons and the Browns, no one cares, if that was the Pat's, someone would suggest that they string Belichek up by the yardarm, probably that Idiot reporter from the indianapolis paper.

Every team has done something, right, wrong or indifferent, but to continue to lump the "spygate" as the be all end all of the Patriots being cheaters, is down right being lazy by those who hate the patriots because they beat their teams into submission every year.

And all you have is "Yeah But the Patriots".... or

your response is “You sound like a whiny bitch” then you know what it’s like for me to listen to you cry and cry when your favorite team bottoms out again and again and the Pats remain on top.

Seacrest out!

• Upvote 2

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

This is why I'm tired of the Pats are cheaters argument, you can say that if you want for 2006 but after that, sorry.  taping signals before wasn't against the rules and they didn't do it after being caught.

But why I get so chapped is that most football fans are not up to their teams shenanigans or conveniently forget. The point is that most people point to the Pats as some unethical emobidiment of all that's wrong as if there teams the the rest of the league have no skeltons in their closest or are a virtuous bunch. So two of teh biggies

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2000-12-05/sports/0012050096_1_salary-cap-violations-carmen-policy-penalties

"It costs less to cheat in the NFL than it does in the NBA. That was the message following a "settlement" of alleged violations by the San Francisco 49ers in shady contract deals for Steve Young, Brent Jones, Lee Woodall and Jim Druckenmiller made by former 49ers bosses Carmen Policy and Dwight Clark, both now with the Cleveland Browns.

Compared with the five No. 1 draft choices and $3.5 million fine it cost the NBA Minnesota Timberwolves in their October case involving the illegal secret contract of Joe Smith, the NFL penalties were mere slaps on the wrist--fines of $400,000 or less plus the loss of a No. 3 and a No. 5 draft choice by the 49ers."

So are the 49ers cheaters?  If not why?

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=861&dat;=19700414&id;=S8hHAAAAIBAJ&sjid;=m38MAAAAIBAJ&pg;=3392,2198352&hl;=en

So are the Dolphins cheaters? If not why?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/26/report-seahawks-fined-stripped-of-minicamp-days-for-violating-no-contact-practice-rules/

How about those Seahawks, only a 300,000 dollar fine for offseason workout violations.  Don't even get me started about the Ravens and their thug of a wife beater T-Sizzle and the obstructor of justice Ray lewis and the wife beater Ray Rice and the rest of the B-More gang bunch.  There is plenty of crap to go around.

The Falcons and the Browns, no one cares, if that was the Pat's, someone would suggest that they string Belichek up by the yardarm, probably that Idiot reporter from the indianapolis paper.

Every team has done something, right, wrong or indifferent, but to continue to lump the "spygate" as the be all end all of the Patriots being cheaters, is down right being lazy by those who hate the patriots because they beat their teams into submission every year.

And all you have is "Yeah But the Patriots".... or

your response is “You sound like a whiny bitch” then you know what it’s like for me to listen to you cry and cry when your favorite team bottoms out again and again and the Pats remain on top.

Seacrest out!

You've summed up the hypocrisy quite well.  Many thanks.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

You've summed up the hypocrisy quite well.  Many thanks.

Thanks

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Larry Fitzgerald golfing.  All I can say about this hole is "Yikes"!

http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2015/03/heres-an-awesome-photo-of-nfl.html

Here's an awesome photo of NFL star Larry Fitzgerald playing the most extreme golf hole in the world

By Alex Myers

Larry Fitzgerald has made a career of going deep in the NFL, but over the weekend he went long on the golf course. Very long.

Fitzgerald played the world's longest par 3, the Extreme 19th hole at Legend Golf & Safari Resort, and the Arizona Cardinals wide receiver tweeted this fantastic photo of him teeing off:

Scott

My Swing Thread

Larry Fitzgerald golfing.  All I can say about this hole is "Yikes"! [URL=http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2015/03/heres-an-awesome-photo-of-nfl.html]http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2015/03/heres-an-awesome-photo-of-nfl.html[/URL]

More importantly did he get a GIR or nGIR snf what did he score that hole?

Eyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu3baid View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogielicious View Post

Larry Fitzgerald golfing.  All I can say about this hole is "Yikes"!

http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2015/03/heres-an-awesome-photo-of-nfl.html

More importantly did he get a GIR or nGIR snf what did he score that hole?

From the comment below, I am guessing no.

Quote:
Extreme 19th hole at the Legends course in South Africa. Longest par 3 in the world. Don't ask what I made on it

Scott

My Swing Thread

From the comment below, I am guessing no.

Now I'm more interested in knowing what he got.. Interesting is his response to hank though.. I get it closed by impact, although maybe hank doesn't have the rep to kid around with Larry?

Eyad

Bucket List

-Jerry

• 3 weeks later...

Buccaneers season ticket holder here.....looking forward to draft day. Looks like we're taking Winston.  I have serious doubts about the guy being an even mediocre NFL QB.......what say you all about #5 being the first pick?

Buccaneers season ticket holder here.....looking forward to draft day. Looks like we're taking Winston.  I have serious doubts about the guy being an even mediocre NFL QB.......what say you all about #5 being the first pick?

I agree with your apprehension.  When a family spokesman says something along the lines of "He has the physical skills to be an NFL quarterback, but he is not mature enough to be one.", I would worry.  It is such a hit or miss pick.  Teams can be set back for years if they get a Ryan Leaf or JaMarcus Russell.  Tampa won the Superbowl with Brad Johnson, who was a good QB, but not elite.

Scott

My Swing Thread

I'd call the Browns and find out how happy they are with "Johnny Football".  Everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt but Winston appears to be another kid that received little guidance and discipline from his parents and coaches.  He learned at an early age he could get away with a lot of things because he was a star QB and athlete.

He has the athleticism but as we've seen in the past that's not enough for a QB to make it in the NFL.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3149 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!