IGNORED

Balls with the highest visibility

Note: This thread is 3219 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What brands/colors have the highest visibility in:

Green Grass?

Brown Grass?

Sunny Day?

Cloudy Day?

Twilight/Dusk?

Driver - Ping G15 12 Degree Loft
3W - Ping G10
3 Hyrbrid - Ping G15
4-PW - Taylormade Burner 2.0
Putter - Ping Anser 2

My swing (help is much appreciated) - http://thesandtrap.com/t/80964/my-swing-logo

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played with a guy last year who was playing Bridgestone E6 golf balls in Orange.  By far the easiest ball to see that I have ever seen.  Cloudy, sunny, in the rough or whatever that thing definitely stood out.

If they made the B330s that I like to play in orange I would probably give it go.

I just bought a dozen of them last night.  It is like you are holding the Sun in your fingertips.  I hope they are just as hot off from the driver.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

I wonder if the tint of one's (sun) glasses would have an effect on which color might be more visible?

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I was at the driving range this week and with a partial cloudy sky, the white ranges balls disappeared in the clouds.   I think I'll try some color.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

What brands/colors have the highest visibility in:

Green Grass?

Brown Grass?

Sunny Day?

Cloudy Day?

Twilight/Dusk?

I find white to be best in low light situations towards the end of the day.

Related, on the range today, one of the balls in the bucket was a Callaway HX Pearl, with this glittery white cover. It absolutely sparkled in the sun off into the distance as I hit it. It was actually kind of impressive.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

• 2 months later...

I have been using an orange golf ball. The Nitro Blaster is the brand name. They were relatively cheap, which is why I decided to see how well they worked in terms of visibility. I haven't lost many of these, and the few I have lost were very errant shots. I have also tried yellow golf balls, which I find more visible than the normal white golf ball. I think overall the orange balls are the most visible, if anyone has recommendations for balls they've tried in orange, that would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

Some new colored balls have a cover which does not accept a marker pen easily, thus ID marks not so good.  And if you have many flowering trees, with orange flowers all over the ground beneath, you will search a long time for the orange ball.  Of course, that holds true with white balls and white flowers.

I played a yellow TourStage today.  Compared to white, much more visible in the sky and on the ground.

Yellow balls are definitely easier to see in deep rough from a distance compared to white, especially when the area is scattered with leaves.  I've lost several balls in the rough simply because I could not see them, so I switched.  I currently use the Titleist NXT Tour S in yellow.  Haven't lost one yet (in the rough, at least).

However, I have found that yellow balls can be harder to see against the sky if you are hitting towards the sun.  In shadow, that neon yellow color appears more like a light blue.  It's kind of weird.  I once had an RC airplane that was fluorescent yellow, and it was surprisingly hard to see in the sky.

In regards to the sunglasses post earlier, I wear amber colored lenses, which make the greens appear much more vivid, but kind of blend together the oranges and browns.  An orange ball might be harder to see against dirt or dead grass with these glasses, but I haven't tried one.

I like the visibility of yellow or orange balls on the desert courses I mostly play.  I made the mistake (once!) of playing an orange ball on a course full of deciduous trees during the fall.  I've never lost so many golf balls in plain sight as I did that day.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Try the Chromax line...on the pricey side, but a decent ball and they were designed by an optometrist for people who have macular (sp?) If I'm not mistaken... Here's a link http://chromaxgolf.com

I have been playing Srixon Q Star tour yellow balls.  I lose far less since they are easier to find.  I also like the Nike PD Soft orange balls.  The orange seems easier to see in the air.  Yellow and orange seem to be about the same for me in the rough as far as visibility.

Note: This thread is 3219 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!