IGNORED

2015 Masters Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3299 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger has always given credit where it is due.

Why don't you ask Y.E. Yang about that..........

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallStriker View Post

Why don't you ask Y.E. Yang about that..........

Really?

Tiger said this about Yang after he won the PGA Championship,

Quote:
"He went out there and executed his game plan," Woods said. "He was doing exactly what you have to do, especially in these conditions. I think he played beautifully."

Not sure how he didn't give Yang the credit he deserved.

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Congratulations, Jordan! Rory showed class and grit, Phil played great, Tiger did good, and I'm really happy that Charlie Hoffman qualified for next year's Masters: he did really good, especially given the fact that he played the last two days with Jordan and Phil: great job, Charlie!

• Administrator

Wonder if that sparks serious rule change talks about the golf ball and club technology. Its really snowballing at this point. I know Jack has been a major proponent of dialing back the ball for years now.

Post in the existing threads on that, please.

Oh he will finish the day and, here is what you can expect.  He will make grimacing faces every time he hits a bad shot. How ever, when he hits a good shot there will be no face grimacing. Only bad shots hurt his wrist and back.

That turned out not to be true, did it?

Rory beat Tiger by 7 today. Tiger will not win another major. He can't compete with the young guns. BTW, bones don't pop out in your hand and miraculously pop back in. He's in his head and as such, completely done.

This was addressed nicely here:

Bones do, in fact, pop out and then back in. I speak from experience.

And let's not take one tournament after a nine week layoff as an indicator of the future. Need a bit more evidence.

But whatever. Spieth is a monster. What a great player.

And then…

I liked that the world's number one Rory gave credit to Jordan for his win - something TW never, ever seems to do (give credit to another golfer)......

Discredited by several. Including Tiger in his post-round interview. Derp.

The competition in '97 also wasn't as strong as it was in '15. For crying out loud, an old Tom Kite was runner-up. So yes, it appears it was more dominant, but I think side-by-side, the performances were very similar.

Tiger also won by 12. The field was not as strong in 1997, but he won by 12… not 4. And the greens weren't as soft then, so looking at the scoring alone is not a great way to judge it.

This was a dominant performance. Probably a notch or two below Tiger's IMO, but it's up there (also IMO).

Except when he's saying they're incredible, as he did today.

Tiger has always given credit where it is due.

There's no fun in letting facts get in the way now, c'mon. BTW, did you know Tiger is the only golfer who has ever cursed on the golf course?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Rory beat Tiger by 7 strokes when Tiger hasn't competed consistently in a few years now. So, just putting that into perspective a bit. Not like Tiger was in top form going into The Masters.  Yes bones do pop in and out. Heck, my friend had his shoulder dislocated slightly and repop back in before. They do that if enough stress is enough to pull the ligaments enough.

Sorry, doesn't happen with delicate carpae in the hand. He jammed it a bit perhaps but c'mon people, Tiger's melodrama has got to be gettin old. I watched with 25 guys today and every one knew he was playing to the cameras after that shot. Lot of Tiger fans in the house too. Many getting tired of his games. It's all he's got left...

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Sorry, doesn't happen with delicate carpae in the hand. He jammed it a bit perhaps but c'mon people, Tiger's melodrama has got to be gettin old. I watched with 25 guys today and every one knew he was playing to the cameras after that shot. Lot of Tiger fans in the house too. Many getting tired of his games. It's all he's got left...

Did you see the video of the piece of wood he took off that root. Have you ever hit a root before with a full swing? Heck I've seen some PGA Tour players injure wrists just hitting the golf ball out of the heathery rough. Tiger took off about a 2 inch wide chuck of wood. Go out side, find a tree root and takes swing then come back and say he was playing to the camera.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Spieth gave an amazing performance.  But, was no one else just a little disappointed when he missed that par put on 18 to break Tiger's scoring record? "Sigh!" It would have been the stuff of myth, fable and legend.

No one else felt that the high drama of a fairytale finish was just a bit diminished by that missed par putt?

Did you see the video of the piece of wood he took off that root. Have you ever hit a root before with a full swing? Heck I've seen some PGA Tour players injure wrists just hitting the golf ball out of the heathery rough. Tiger took off about a 2 inch wide chuck of wood. Go out side, find a tree root and takes swing then come back and say he was playing to the camera.

Yup, then it was all better 2 holes later cuz he put the bone back in place.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

No need for me to do this again. It really hurts. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

No one else felt that the high drama of a fairytale finish was just a bit diminished by that missed par putt?

No.

That was a momentary lapse in concentration ... worst putt, they say, of the tourney, probably caught up in just holing out for the win.

Congratz to Jordan Spieth ... wonder if this sets up a string of wins..

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Yup, then it was all better 2 holes later cuz he put the bone back in place.

From my experience, when I dislocated my right wrist, quickly putting it back in place reduced the pain tremendously. I was okay to go almost right away. Now the swelling that occurs later sucks, but if you pop it back in quick enough its a pretty okay thing to deal with.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Not small in height, hes a wirery guy with a ton of power. I put him in the long hitters section of golf and people look at me funny. You don't need to be Rory or Tigers size to hit it a mile.

Rose and Tiger are both tall and long-limbed which means leverage. Rory hit the ball about the same distance when he wasn't jacked, and is 5" inches shorter than them. That's impressive. Rory's stated that his weight lifting is all about career longevity and protecting his back and joints.

Spieth's media skills are stellar. Dude works a crowd so well, and doesn't come off as goofy. I don't know if this is innate or he's had training, but he's just incredible. Really like this guy.

Maybe he's just genuine?

David Duvall is being very gracious about Jordan: some of these other golf channel guys have rocks in their heads: Chamblee is so bitter: he acts like he needs a high colonic.

What was Chamblee bitter about? Disappointed it wasn't nail-biting drama at the end?

Kevin

Did you see the video of the piece of wood he took off that root. Have you ever hit a root before with a full swing? Heck I've seen some PGA Tour players injure wrists just hitting the golf ball out of the heathery rough. Tiger took off about a 2 inch wide chuck of wood. Go out side, find a tree root and take a swing, then come back and say he was playing to the camera.

I broke my ring finger swinging a club in some deep rough when i hit a buried rock.  Had to withdraw from the tournament.  It never did heal right.  Now I can't get my wedding ring on and off.  Tiger is lucky he didn't really jack up his hand or wrist!

Occam's razor

Note: This thread is 3299 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!