IGNORED

2015 Masters Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3291 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Whilst it might alienate a lot of the casual viewers, for me the most exciting scenario would be seeing loads of the major-less guys in contention down the back nine. Wouldn't it be great to have, say, Westwood, Donald, Sergio, Spieth, Fowler and Stenson fighting it out with each other and trying to cope with that pressure? That'd be the tournament that I want to see.

Now that would be a final scenario I wouldn't mind seeing at all considering I have bets on a couple of these.Throw Phil in with that lot and I'd be happy.

Think the rain favors the europeans. Most of the USA guys are young, at least the ones I think could compete if a dry track. Experience will come into play with Rain. Something as simple as keeping dry is done better with experience. Think this helped Harrington in the Honda Classic... Could be wrong...

Phil would handle it well, Furyk and a few others. Consider many of the younger guys have been able to avoid it for the most part over the past two years...

European with distance...

Rain will definitely lower the chances of some of the shorter hitters but Augusta neutralizes the impact of rain as much as any course out there. The sub air system will keep the greens rolling at 13+ regardless. We were down there last year on Tuesday after it poured all day on Monday and walking the course you never would thought there was any weather the day before.

The Masters absolutely has the best online access to actually watching the tournament. Watching some of the coverage today. I prefer watching it online than on TV.

Someone made an interesting quote. They were talking about Couples and how his swing is still good even being 55 years old. One of the announcers said Tiger that Fred Couples hit is farther than he does. Which is impressive. Not sure if Tiger was being nice about it. I know Fred has been one of the longer hitters on tour during his career. Fred is 55 years old. If it is true that is just absurdly impressive.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

They're talking about record high temperatures this weekend in Augusta. Temps could get over 90 degrees. I never remember a Masters where heat played a factor. In fact, the thunderstorms they're talking about are the afternoon variety because it's going to be so hot and humid....the kind you get in Florida in the summertime. Very unusual.

Just heard that Patrick Reed has a knee injury and might not be 100% for the Masters.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Just heard that Patrick Reed has a knee injury and might not be 100% for the Masters.

Probably from chasing his caddie after that hole in one.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Probably from chasing his caddie after that hole in one.

Lol, was just gonna say that. That'd be embarrassing.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

• Administrator
Rain will definitely lower the chances of some of the shorter hitters but Augusta neutralizes the impact of rain as much as any course out there.

Wasn't it cold windy and a bit rainy when Zach won? Maybe it was just the first two.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Wasn't it cold windy and a bit rainy when Zach won? Maybe it was just the first two.

I believe it was for at least thurs/fri. I don't think rain can help the shorter hitters but as ZJ showed, it won't take them out of the game. It's amazing how quickly Augusta will dry out and if there is any rain this week it sounds like it will mostly just be passing afternoon t-storms. And the warm temps have to help the shorter hitters keep up. So basically, it's anyone's tourney

Nevermind, he injured his knee even before the run it sounds.

This was posted to PGAtour.com 2 days ago.

http://www.pgatour.com/news/2015/04/04/patrick-reed-in-contention-shell-houston-open.html

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Why is David Duval a commentator?

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Think the rain favors the europeans. Most of the USA guys are young, at least the ones I think could compete if a dry track. Experience will come into play with Rain. Something as simple as keeping dry is done better with experience. Think this helped Harrington in the Honda Classic... Could be wrong... Phil would handle it well, Furyk and a few others. Consider many of the younger guys have been able to avoid it for the most part over the past two years... European with distance...

Don't fully understand this, Does that mean nice weather favours non Europeans? Or just that Europeans can play in any weather?

Gaz Lee

It was. That Saturday was brutal. Wind chills were in the low 40s and the wind was blowing over 30mph. I remember Brett Wetterich was actually in the lead going into Saturday and shot an 81. It looked more like The Open Championship than the Masters that year.

Note: This thread is 3291 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!