IGNORED

I am switching to Universal Swing!

Note: This thread is 3278 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

These guys should get in touch with the guys discussed in another thread, where we were told why Rory is such a poor golfer:  http://thesandtrap.com/t/75116/goofy-rory-video-knee-angle-measurement-in-golf-swing

They need to get their stories straight.

I was thinking this was another Somax "Performance" special too. LOL!

On the plus side, it doesn't seem that they require you to join the cult in order to receive all the really swag devices. Just imagine a 'book of knowledge' in a 2'x4' sheet of pictures. My mind is swimming with the possibilities of learning to hit even more consistently fat with the divotizer.

Kevin

Reaction GIF: The Rock, clapping

Driver: Power Pod  II

Fairways: Wilson Invex 3 & 5

Irons: Cleveland VAS: 3-PW

Wedge: Alien

Chipper: Bazooka HT Max Tour

Putter: Cobra Tricep

Ball: Any 18 Pack

Bag: Black and Silver one

Cooler: Igloo Glacier Deluxe (24 can capacity)

Wtf? 133 different training aids? Was it just me or did the guy swinging look like he was coming over the top?

- Jered

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wtf? 133 different training aids? Was it just me or did the guy swinging look like he was coming over the top?

Probably. Doesn't look like the acting talent had a lot of prep time...my favorite is the guy fumbling with the triangle thingy.

Kevin

Not saying I buy into this, but the instant reactions of the crowd reminded me of what Columbus, Galileo and Louis Pasteur must have experienced as they poked holes in the conventional wisdom of the time.

15 years ago if this guy told us that the path of the clubhead did not determine initial ball direction he would have been laughed off the forum, just sayin.

Bob

WITB

Driver:                         Ping I25 10.5 PWR65 stiff Flex

Fairway Woods:          Ping TiSi Tec 3, 5 and 7 graphite Cushin stiff flex

Irons:                         Pinhawk SL 5-PW 37.25 inches 

Wedges:                     Reid Lockhart 52 and 60 quad bounce, 56 dual bounce 

Putter:                        Boccieri Heavy Putter B3-M (250 gram back weight)

Ball:                            MG C4 / Wilson Duo

Grips:                         Winn DriTac midsize Blue

Not saying I buy into this, but the instant reactions of the crowd reminded me of what Columbus, Galileo and Louis Pasteur must have experienced as they poked holes in the conventional wisdom of the time.

15 years ago if this guy told us that the path of the clubhead did not determine initial ball direction he would have been laughed off the forum, just sayin.

Columbus, Galileo, and Louis Pasteur would have been able to explain pretty clearly and rationally why the conventional wisdom was wrong. In this collection I see lots of well-established golf training ideas repackaged and pitched as 'magical' devices. The triangle thingy is a potentially useful concept (see my avatar pic), but really only needs a diagram and a mirror to work with to be helpful. I think the 'divotizer' would promote bad habits - or do you understand how it's supposed to work?

Kevin

Jorgensens book came out in 1991 I believe. And long before that you could take a putter and swing it 70 degrees across the ball and see the ball start kinda straight to where the putter face was not the path.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rdsandy

Columbus, Galileo, and Louis Pasteur would have been able to explain pretty clearly and rationally why the conventional wisdom was wrong. In this collection I see lots of well-established golf training ideas repackaged and pitched as 'magical' devices. The triangle thingy is a potentially useful concept (see my avatar pic), but really only needs a diagram and a mirror to work with to be helpful. I think the 'divotizer' would promote bad habits - or do you understand how it's supposed to work?

So when Columbus told everyone the world was not flat the scholars embraced his rational, don't think so.

Bob

WITB

Putter:                        Boccieri Heavy Putter B3-M (250 gram back weight)

Quote:

Jorgensens book came out in 1991 I believe.

And long before that you could take a putter and swing it 70 degrees across the ball and see the ball start kinda straight to where the putter face was not the path.

So for the last 15 years your saying everyone embraced or knew the common knowledge that the face not path determined initial ball direction? Don't think so.

Bob

WITB

So for the last 15 years your saying everyone embraced or knew the common knowledge that the face not path determined initial ball direction? Don't think so.

No of course not. Some people still do not say it is clubface. But if you think that everyone-Including the people who run this site-would have laughed you off the forum because of it then you must not be paying attention. PS This Universal Swing is a joke. Did you even watch the video? This is not going to be the next ball flight laws situation. Comparing the two is silly.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Quote:

No of course not. Some people still do not say it is clubface.

But if you think that everyone-Including the people who run this site-would have laughed you off the forum because of it then you must not be paying attention.

PS This Universal Swing is a joke. Did you even watch the video? This is not going to be the next ball flight laws situation. Comparing the two is silly.

No, like I said in my first post on this thread, I don't embrace the universal swing, I was just observing the maddened crowd feeding on the unconventional.

Bob

WITB

So when Columbus told everyone the world was not flat the scholars embraced his rational, don't think so.

Enough scholars for him to get financial backing from Spain. Plus there's that sails disappearing over the horizon thing that could be shown to someone who was more open-minded. The general public at the time, yes, certainly less open-minded.

Kevin

LOL,

http://universalswings.com/products/

Even funnier,

http://universalswings.com/store/products/universal-finish/

Better yet, you can actually buy this stuff.

http://universalswings.com/store/shopping-cart/shipping/

Had to check the date ti make sure it wasnt still April 1st!

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

LOL,

http://universalswings.com/products/

Even funnier,

http://universalswings.com/store/products/universal-finish/

Better yet, you can actually buy this stuff.

http://universalswings.com/store/shopping-cart/shipping/

Reverse C finish may restrict right side through impact. Divotizer bugs me. Other stuff not necessarily bad.

The markup is what really offends me, but the price point for products with polished website may lure in some folks looking for band-aids. Buyer beware. ;-)

Kevin

This is OT, but the Western world did not believe the Earth was flat during Columbus' time. That's a grade school myth that people need to stop perpetuating. He couldn't get financial backing for his voyage because most people thought he grossly underestimated the distance to India (and he did, if he didn't land in the New World, they would have all died) and refused to throw away money on his endeavor.

• Upvote 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 3278 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!