IGNORED

Snell Golf Ball Member Reviews

Note: This thread is 2382 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
How are they coming, guys? Did you post links to your reviews here in this thread? If you haven't done so, please do so now. If you haven't posted your review, please do so very, very soon.
I've seen one review so far.

My Tour Ball - http://thesandtrap.com/products/snell-golf-my-tour-ball

1. @cipher
  2. @cedrictheo = http://thesandtrap.com/products/snell-golf-my-tour-ball/reviews/5062
  3. @jsgolfer
  4. @Club Rat
  5. @Golfingdad
  6. @tristanhilton85

Get Sum - http://thesandtrap.com/products/snell-golf-get-sum

1. @Shindig
  2. @drifterdon
  3. @meenman
  4. @newtogolf

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How are they coming, guys? Did you post links to your reviews here in this thread? If you haven't done so, please do so now. If you haven't posted your review, please do so very, very soon.

I've seen one review so far.

My Tour Ball - http://thesandtrap.com/products/snell-golf-my-tour-ball

@cipher

@cedrictheo = http://thesandtrap.com/products/snell-golf-my-tour-ball/reviews/5062

@jsgolfer

@Club Rat

@Golfingdad

@tristanhilton85

Get Sum - http://thesandtrap.com/products/snell-golf-get-sum

@Shindig

@drifterdon

@meenman

@newtogolf

Playing one last round with them tomorrow and then I'll post my review.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Similar to Tristan -- just finished a round yesterday, allowing me to get the last picture I wanted. I'll finish the review and post it tonight. Apologies for the delay. (The big picture I wanted: a ball that had lasted 36 holes to show durability)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Similar to Tristan -- just finished a round yesterday, allowing me to get the last picture I wanted. I'll finish the review and post it tonight. Apologies for the delay.

(The big picture I wanted: a ball that had lasted 36 holes to show durability)

You can have one ball last 36 holes?! The dream of dreams for me.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

[QUOTE name="Shindig" url="/t/82036/snell-golf-ball-member-reviews/18#post_1150737"] Similar to Tristan -- just finished a round yesterday, allowing me to get the last picture I wanted. I'll finish the review and post it tonight. Apologies for the delay. (The big picture I wanted: a ball that had lasted 36 holes to show durability)[/QUOTE] You can have one ball last 36 holes?! The dream of dreams for me.

Well, in the past, I'll usually stop using a ball after 18 or so, but I had read that these were durable and wanted to test it. (Minor spoiler alert for my Snell review) First ball, lost after tee shot on hole #27. Second, put into play the next hole (provisional off previous wasn't Snell), finished that round, all the following round, and lost on #1 of the following (28th hole of play). Third, put into play on hole #2, lost off tee hole #16. Finished with different brand. Fourth, played two days ago and yesterday, all 36 holes. Probably could still be used. Looks like many balls I play after about half, maybe 3/4 of an 18.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I'll have mine posted in the next couple of days, I'm still on vacation in Las Vegas. Playing today and tomorrow with the Snell Ball at Paiute Wolf and TPC Vegas.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I'll be posting my review within the next day or two.

Club Rat

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

I won't be able to do this review for a while.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Well, in the past, I'll usually stop using a ball after 18 or so, but I had read that these were durable and wanted to test it.

(Minor spoiler alert for my Snell review)

First ball, lost after tee shot on hole #27.

Second, put into play the next hole (provisional off previous wasn't Snell), finished that round, all the following round, and lost on #1 of the following (28th hole of play).

Third, put into play on hole #2, lost off tee hole #16. Finished with different brand.

Fourth, played two days ago and yesterday, all 36 holes. Probably could still be used. Looks like many balls I play after about half, maybe 3/4 of an 18.

I don't typically use soft covered golf balls, so for me there has been more wear over 18 holes than I typically see. However, the extra control is well worth the extra wear.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

How are they coming, guys? Did you post links to your reviews here in this thread? If you haven't done so, please do so now. If you haven't posted your review, please do so very, very soon.   I've seen one review so far.     [COLOR=181818] My Tour Ball - [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/products/snell-golf-my-tour-ball]http://thesandtrap.com/products/snell-golf-my-tour-ball[/URL][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][LIST=1] [*] @cipher [*] @cedrictheo = [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/products/snell-golf-my-tour-ball/reviews/5062]http://thesandtrap.com/products/snell-golf-my-tour-ball/reviews/5062[/URL] [*] @jsgolfer [*] @Club Rat [*] @Golfingdad [*] @tristanhilton85 [/LIST] [/COLOR] [COLOR=181818] Get Sum - [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/products/snell-golf-get-sum]http://thesandtrap.com/products/snell-golf-get-sum[/URL][/COLOR] [COLOR=181818][LIST=1] [*] @Shindig [*] @drifterdon [*] @meenman [*] @newtogolf [/LIST] [/COLOR]

From what I read, I received mine about a week after everyone else, but I will get my review in by the end of the weekend.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

I only have 2 Snell golf balls left after 8 rounds with them! Really liked the ball and it feels pretty good. I got a decent amount of spin around the green and sometimes a bit too much for my liking but it feels really nice off the club face and distance wise I couldn't really tell much of a difference. Irons went about the same length and driver went just as far as most balls I have played.

I only have 2 Snell golf balls left after 8 rounds with them! Really liked the ball and it feels pretty good. I got a decent amount of spin around the green and sometimes a bit too much for my liking but it feels really nice off the club face and distance wise I couldn't really tell much of a difference. Irons went about the same length and driver went just as far as most balls I have played.

Which balls did you test? I found that the "Get Sum" balls didn't check up as quickly as other balls I've played in the recent past (Titleist DT So/Lo, Nike Vapor, Bridgestone e6 + B330-RX). [i]Edit[/i] The review has now been posted. http://thesandtrap.com/products/snell-golf-get-sum/reviews/5064 Executive Summary: I love this ball and will almost certainly buy new Snell balls in the future. The only downside to it seems to be greenside spin, but that's not necessarily what I'm looking for anyway. Now I really want to try their other one, since the four balls I play the most have two comparable to this and two comparable to the other one. If anyone in So Cal who tested the "My Tour Ball" feels similarly, I'm fine trading a sleeve for a sleeve; otherwise, I'm going to buy either a box of the MTB or the sampler pack (two of each sleeve type, for half the cost of buying a box of each -- a neat thing I wish more ball companies would do).

-- Michael | My swing! 

My review of the Get Sum is here

http://thesandtrap.com/products/snell-golf-get-sum/reviews/5065

Don

Took up golf late in life with a lot to catch up. 

Snell Ball Review.  - "My Tour Ball' http://thesandtrap.com/products/snell-golf-my-tour-ball/reviews/5066

After reading about the New Snell “My Tour Ball” back in March, I was excited to have the opportunity to play and write my review.

I would first like to thank Dean Snell and TST for this benefit to TST members.

I first mentioned the product on the TST site about hearing Dean’s peers in the industry speak with high regards to which he has brought to the golf ball industry over the years. As many already know, Dean has been around for a long time. It is no surprise that his efforts have made the game more enjoyable for many. Good Luck Dean in your venture and to the future of Snell Golf.

Since learning of Snell golf, I have been promoting the “My Tour Ball” to friends and staff at my club long before I obtained the product. Last week, I emailed a friend and told him he has to try the “My Tour Ball!” He ordered a dozen that night and yesterday he was at the club and told me “I love this ball”

Also last week, I played with a long time golf buddy for the first time this spring. He starts telling me of a new ball he bought and was going on and on about how great it was. I walked over to my bag and pulled out a sleeve of the “My Tour Balls” and said” you must be talking about the new Snell Ball” He started cursing me like he always does because he has never been One Up on me…..

I’ve given a few of the balls to other friends that are typical Pro V players and told them to try it. They all expressed likeness and comments were positive. While playing golf with one friend, he hit an approach shot over the pin and landed 3 feet off the green in gnarly, spaghetti ruff. We watched the ball spin back to the collar and trickle off the knoll to the middle of the green. His comment was, “Wow, that had a lot of spin”

Last week I had a chance to compare the Snell ball during the Bridgestone Ball fitting demo at the club. The numbers compared to the B-330S ball were almost identical with the driver. Yesterday, I went to Golf Discount and used their Trackman to compare the ProV-1. Again, the numbers were almost identical. While at the store, I asked the sales rep if he had heard of the Snell Ball? He commented “Dean had sent him a dozen when he left Taylor Made and he really likes the ball”

I know Dean will be reading this and I’m going to keep his marketing secret just between him and I. But I will say it was a pretty clever move…

Description: http://snellgolf.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/mtbtwo.png

From My Perspective:

As a long time golfer who has played mainly Titleist, I have always liked and preferred a ball with “feel” I was aware of one aspect of the Snell Ball was it having a soft cover and expected it to fit my likeness. Out on the course, play was equivalent in distant and shots around the greenside and most importantly, putting. The first thing I noticed was a slightly higher ball flight. Distance was very much right on the numbers which I normally play, with a few exceptions of a few longer shots when I made a really good swing. The Snell ball has a great feel at impact with irons and woods.

Description: http://snellgolf.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/My-Tour-Ball-dozen-sleeve-ball-1024x587.jpg

My Conclussion:

I think many players are going to like Snell Ball Products. I can speak as a senior player who has a lower swing speed and able to control spin, ball flight direction with short game finesse and mostly the feel of the ball. My opinion is the ball will play well for both men and women and juniors.

Again, thank you Dean and best of luck.

Club Rat

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

My review is posted here: http://thesandtrap.com/products/snell-golf-get-sum/reviews/5067

I will say that I was nothing less than pleased.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Great reviews, guys!

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

My Review - http://thesandtrap.com/products/snell-golf-my-tour-ball/reviews/5068

Snell My Tour Golf Balls

Pros: Performance, durability and feel are on par with any premium ball I’ve played.  And finally cost – for $31.99 it’s a steal for a ball this good.

Cons: None.

Overall the Snell golf ball has been fantastic, better than I would’ve guessed.  I’ve played over 10 rounds with the ball and have found it to fly a little farther than my Pro-V1x and react just as well on the greens.

The ball had enough spin to stop quickly but not too much on the greens and I didn’t find any noticeable difference in chipping or putting with the ball.  This ball can be used for more rounds than other premium balls.  I played two consecutive rounds with one ball and it didn’t look like I had hardly played it after I cleaned it.  If I didn’t lose it during my third round, I believe it would have looked much the same after that round.

Not much more I can say about these balls, other than when I run out of Pro-V1x’s, I will be getting more of these balls.  I gave a ball to one of my good friends and I think he will also start playing them as well.

I’d recommend to anyone to get a dozen of these balls to try, I don’t think anyone would be disappointed with them.

Thank you Snell Golf and The Sand Trap for the chance to review.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Note: This thread is 2382 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!