IGNORED

If You Had Only Five Clubs to Play With…

georgep

17 members have voted

1. 1. What clubs would you choose for a Five-Club Challenge?

• Driver
    • 3-4 wood (or hybrid 13*-17*)
    • 5-7 wood (or hybrid 18*-22*)
    • 3-iron
    • 4-iron
    • 5-iron
    • 6-iron
    • 7-iron
    • 8-iron
    • 9-iron
    • PW
    • Gap Wedge
    • Lob Wedge
    • Putter
    • Other (2-irons, more lofted hybrids, etc.)
    • Sand Wedge

which five would you choose?

I recently was asked to play in a five-club challenge, where you play the whole round with only five clubs at your disposal. Have you ever done this? It's a great way to work on making different kinds of shots with the same clubs.

Though I wasn't able to play in the weekday event, I did start thinking about what I would have chosen to play the event. You can read my strategy in Trap Five after Oct. 12.

What would you choose and why?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well, I picked the "other" category because there was no "Sand Wedge." I love that club and use it for everything I can. So for me, 3-Wood, 5 iron, 8 iron, sand wedge and putter!

3-wood - Good distance off the tee, easy to use off the deck and can be used for chipping, it's versatile!
5 iron - this is the best club in my bag, I hit it the same distance every time on full shots, and have a good feel for it when trying to draw, fade, etc. I love this club, from 120 and out it's my "go to" club.
8 iron - from 120 and in, it's my "go to" club! Makes a nice pairing with the 5 iron.
Sand Wedge - 56/10, reacts lovely to Michigan ground. This is the best wedge in my bag, and it flys high and actually stops when it lands on the green (I suck at trying to spin the ball, so when the ball stops, I love it).
Putter - Though I hardly need this club, I suppose it would be good to carry for those rare incidents when I don't hole out from the fairway or tee.

3-iron, 7-iron, Gap Wedge, Lob Wedge, and putter.

3 iron for the tee shots. 7 iron for most of my approach shots. Gap wedge and Lob wedge because those two clubs are the only ones that I use for 120 yds and in. Putter for obvious reasons.

I just picked the clubs that I feel most comfortable with. I just recently got my driver straightened out and I feel really comfortable with it. The only club on there that I don't feel comfortable with is my putter. Still trying to work "Mr. Wobble" out.

Driver - great distance and I am really comfortable with it.
3-iron - i only lose a little distance between this club and my fairway woods and I am a lot more consistant with it.
7-iron - my go to club for approach shots. this is the club I practice most with. If i had to go out with just one club it would be this one (could probably putt with it as well)
PW - Another club I pratice with alot. I have very few mishits with it.
Putter - common sense, my putting is bad enough and would get worse if I had to use another club on the green.

2h- I am confident with it (not to mention I tend to beat the snot out of the ball with this club). It is also the only club in bag which goes farther when I actually try to swing harder

5i- Versitile, I can take a little off this club and hit it anywhere between 160-200 yards

8i- Very confident with this club, couldn't live without it

GW- I need a finnesse club around the greens, and I can still hit it 110-120.

Putter- If you have to ask, you might want to try out www.gardeningforums.com

3w - Tee shots and long shots from the fairway
5i - My 175 club
9i - my 130-135 club
LW - Good from 90 and in, plus I could probably do most chips between this and my 9i, and I can hit the LW from the sand.
Putter

driver, 6 iron, pw, sw putter im a long hitter and most of the couses i play i hit driver and the most i have a pw into the green so that is an advantage that i have so ill put the scoring clubs in for me and have a 6i to lay up on par 5. with that 6i i can play it like a 5iron or a 7iron if i only can use 3 it would be the driver, putter and pw

I went Driver, Other (3 Hybrid), 7 Iron, GW and Putter.

Driver and Putter are self explanatory.

7 Iron gives me a club that I can hit from 120-160.

GW gives me 110 and in. I can use it arround the green and if need bee from a bunker.

3 Hybrid I can hit from the tee on tight driving holes and on Par 3's from 175-220. I can also use it from the fairway at about the same distances.

• iacas changed the title to If You Had Only Five Clubs to Play With…