IGNORED

McDonald’s To Open A Restaurant Run By Robots In Phoenix

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3275 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Perhaps McDonald's should replace their CEO with a robot.  It couldn't do any worse and CEO's are very overpaid with respect to their real contribution to companies.

I actually want to touch on this a bit. People complain about what CEO's and other higher ups in businesses make. Those people have typically spent years obtaining advanced degrees in business as well as many years actually working their way up the ranks to the position they are in. They get there because they are good businessmen/women and have proven themselves worthy. I tend to think they deserve their pay most of the time.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I actually want to touch on this a bit. People complain about what CEO's and other higher ups in businesses make. Those people have typically spent years obtaining advanced degrees in business as well as many years actually working their way up the ranks to the position they are in. They get there because they are good businessmen/women and have proven themselves worthy. I tend to think they deserve their pay most of the time.

I'll agree that in most cases they deserve a high pay, but there has to be some kind of sensible balance proportionally speaking. Target came to Canada and totally bellyflopped. The CEO of Target Canada's severance package was higher than the TOTAL severance pay of every single employee that suffered job lose directly due to his ineptitude. We're talking thousands of people whose combined severance pay was less than one man's. That makes no sense.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I'll agree that in most cases they deserve a high pay, but there has to be some kind of sensible balance proportionally speaking.

Target came to Canada and totally bellyflopped. The CEO of Target Canada's severance package was higher than the TOTAL severance pay of every single employee that suffered job lose directly due to his ineptitude. We're talking thousands of people whose combined severance pay was less than one man's. That makes no sense.

I agree, there's no reason on person should have gotten more than all other's combined. That's just ridiculous, especially if that person is directly responsible for the downfall of the company.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

[QUOTE name="iacas" url="/t/82193/mcdonald-s-to-open-a-restaurant-run-by-robots-in-phoenix#post_1146036"] * If only it weren't fake.[/QUOTE] Oh yeah I knew that :whistle:

I really didn't want to get into the fact that such robots would cost more than minimum wage workers and all. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogielicious View Post

Perhaps McDonald's should replace their CEO with a robot.  It couldn't do any worse and CEO's are very overpaid with respect to their real contribution to companies.

Baby steps ...

Quote:

A Hong Kong VC fund has just appointed an algorithm to its board.

Deep Knowledge Ventures, a firm that focuses on age-related disease drugs and regenerative medicine projects, says the program, called VITAL, can make investment recommendations about life sciences firms by poring over large amounts of data.

Just like other members of the board, the algorithm gets to vote on whether the firm makes an investment in a specific company or not. The program will be the sixth member of DKV's board.

VITAL's software was developed by UK-based Aging Analytics.

"[The goal] is actually to draw attention to developing it as an independent decision maker," Deep Knowledge Venture's Charles Groome told BI.

How does the algorithm work?

VITAL makes its decisions by scanning prospective companies' financing, clinical trials, intellectual property and previous funding rounds.

Groome says it has already helped approved two investment decisions (though has not yet cast its first vote), both of which resemble its own function: In Silico Medicine, which develops computer-assisted methods for drug discovery in aging research; and In Silico's partner firm Pathway Pharmaceuticals, which employs a platform called OncoFinder to select and rate personalized cancer therapies.

"It's not what you’d call AI at this stage, but that is the long-term goal," Groome said.

http://www.businessinsider.com/vital-named-to-board-2014-5?

Skynet will be real in a few years!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

If Human's develop AI and it turns on us, then humanity is the most stupid species for not believing their own imagination in science fiction movies and novels. :-D

I'll agree that in most cases they deserve a high pay, but there has to be some kind of sensible balance proportionally speaking.

Target came to Canada and totally bellyflopped. The CEO of Target Canada's severance package was higher than the TOTAL severance pay of every single employee that suffered job lose directly due to his ineptitude. We're talking thousands of people whose combined severance pay was less than one man's. That makes no sense.

A good CEO is a commodity. When you have good leadership from the top down you have a company that succeeds. The workers can complain all they want, but with out good management and leadership good companies die. You bring in a bad worker and you have very little ripple effect. You bring in a bad CEO or higher level management person and the whole business can crumble.

I would say a good CEO is paid what he earns. Because they are going to be pitting multiple businesses against each other to hire them. So there is a free market aspect to what good CEO's and other high level positions can make.

I am not sure capping CEO pay is the way to go. I think there needs to be harsher punishments for CEO's who bleed a company dry just to make sure they can maximize profits so they can hopefully get another company to buy them out so they can get a good exit payment plan. Maybe there is a way to structure how payouts are made when hostile take overs occur, that all employees get equal share. This way the higher ups can't structure their deals to get big payouts.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

If Human's develop AI and it turns on us, then humanity is the most stupid species for not believing their own imagination in science fiction movies and novels.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

A good CEO is a commodity. When you have good leadership from the top down you have a company that succeeds. The workers can complain all they want, but with out good management and leadership good companies die. You bring in a bad worker and you have very little ripple effect. You bring in a bad CEO or higher level management person and the whole business can crumble.

I would say a good CEO is paid what he earns. Because they are going to be pitting multiple businesses against each other to hire them. So there is a free market aspect to what good CEO's and other high level positions can make.

I am not sure capping CEO pay is the way to go. I think there needs to be harsher punishments for CEO's who bleed a company dry just to make sure they can maximize profits so they can hopefully get another company to buy them out so they can get a good exit payment plan. Maybe there is a way to structure how payouts are made when hostile take overs occur, that all employees get equal share. This way the higher ups can't structure their deals to get big payouts.

I disagree.  CEO salaries have escalated over the years as compared to average employee salary and the companies bottom line.  In many cases, they far exceed their value.  Back in the 50s and 60s, salaries for CEOs were a much smaller comp-wise and company performances were on par with today or even better.  Boards tend to buddy system these salaries and options.  But I do agree that capping is not the answer.  Shareholders should be the one's who voice displeasure over the large salary and stock options that CEOs.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I disagree.  CEO salaries have escalated over the years as compared to average employee salary and the companies bottom line.  In many cases, they far exceed their value.  Back in the 50s and 60s, salaries for CEOs were a much smaller comp-wise and company performances were on par with today or even better.  Boards tend to buddy system these salaries and options.  But I do agree that capping is not the answer.  Shareholders should be the one's who voice displeasure over the large salary and stock options that CEOs.

There was probably less CEO's and large corporations in the 50's and 60's. Most businesses were small to medium size. You didn't require large boards that ran the company. Also the revenues were not nearly as large back then as they are today.

I get it, and I think workers kinda settled on the idea of if we get our inflation adjusted wage increase, and maybe a bonus every now and then, then we'll be ok. Basically they wanted their cost of living to be taken care of.

Inflation increased by 560% from 1960 to 2005. GM's revenue increased by 1627%. That is 1067% difference.

So yea, the money had to go somewhere.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

And working in a MacDonalds... who knew?

Perhaps they will take out the real enemy -- MacRib and Quarterpounders.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

http://chicksontheright.com/blog/item/29129-this-is-what-happens-when-you-demand-15-an-hour-for-flipping-burgers

In states with higher minimum wage, McDonalds has put Kiosks at the front of the store for people to order food from.

McDonal's Employee now cost more than a Kiosk. Kiosk's don't have attitude :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

http://chicksontheright.com/blog/item/29129-this-is-what-happens-when-you-demand-15-an-hour-for-flipping-burgers

In states with higher minimum wage, McDonalds has put Kiosks at the front of the store for people to order food from.

McDonal's Employee now cost more than a Kiosk. Kiosk's don't have attitude

I find this appealing. I would rather deal with a kiosk than a person in this case, if I was to go to a McD's.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I find this appealing. I would rather deal with a kiosk than a person in this case, if I was to go to a McD's.

I don't go to McD's, but if I did, I'd definitely prefer to interact with a kiosk over the typical employee they hire.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3275 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!