IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 3110 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Dave2512 said:

Watching Trump in Maine he looks unfazed when mentioning Romney.

I didn't see Trump or Romney (just snippets of Romney), but I'm not surprised Trump is unfazed. The man is confident and knows how to project optimism and power. I think that's why his supporters want to see him take on Hillary. He is unfazed always.  Romney, McCain were cowed and defensive on the campaign, almost apologetic about their views. I see the same in Cruz/Rubio at times, to be honest. But Trump is never fazed. That appeals to many.

But the reason I'm writing this is that I still can't get over the media hypocrisy. The media vilified Romney (and probably rightly so) for his ridiculous 47% comment during the 2012 election. The man showed disdain for half of the US population, and we were treated to wall-to-wall coverage of Romney's arrogance, his aloofness, his Richie Rich spoiled upbringing. Romney was reduced to being an out-of-touch, un-viable candidate in the media's eyes by election day. We all watched news outlets like CNN destroy Romney. They elite pundits him mercilessly- to the point that they felt he was the worst of all hypocrites, and a man whose opinions should not be treated with respect.

To my knowledge, they have not retracted any of those opinions of Romney.  But now they give him credibility when it serves them to take down Trump? Why are they not vilifying Romney, as they did in 2012?  Romney lost, and has not necessarily done anything to change the media opinion of him. I just feel this dissonance between when he left the scene and the newly found respect they show him.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, RandallT said:

To my knowledge, they have not retracted any of those opinions of Romney.  But now they give him credibility when it serves them to take down Trump? Why are they not vilifying Romney, as they did in 2012?  Romney lost, and has not necessarily done anything to change the media opinion of him. I just feel this dissonance between when he left the scene and the newly found respect they show him.

You are forgetting that the media simply cares about ratings and ad revenue. Giving Romney airtime today created a story, a story brings responses and viewers. The pundits have been plenty harsh with Romney today, most dismissing his comments. 

- Mark

17 minutes ago, RandallT said:

It's only worthwhile because it's Trump news. If Romney had similar things to say about anyone else nobody would care.

I don't see much Romney media support, someone of Fox made a comment along the lines of will of the people or will of the party after Romney's speech. I watched the entire thing and even his audience of home team students were reduced to subdued, half hearted applause by the end.

Dave :-)

Even kids rip into Trump :dance:

Trump: "So I never liked him as much after that. I don't like losers."
Kid: "Oh my God. So, you shouldn't like yourself then." 

HAHA!

Another good one, 

Girl: "He speaks his mind, but his mind isn't right"

Glad to see at hefty percentage of the kids there said they didn't want or didn't think Trump would win the presidency (9.5 No, 2.5 Yes)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

44 minutes ago, RandallT said:

What exactly do you expect them to do? Talk about what's happening now, or what happened 4 years ago?

People tend to soften to public figures over time. It's why every president's approval rating climbs substantially after they leave office. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

The GOP is such a mess.  Their debates are down right hilarious.  They can't even debate a topic but rather resort to petty name calling.  

These are your 3 best candidates?  Yikes.

Edited by pumaAttack

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

13 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

HAHA!

Another good one, 

Glad to see at hefty percentage of the kids there said they didn't want or didn't think Trump would win the presidency (9.5 No, 2.5 Yes)

The best you can do is kids comments?  And most likely just parroting their parents.  99.999% of kids that age have never had an original political thought.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

6 minutes ago, Fourputt said:

The best you can do is kids comments?  

I'm not trying to best or do anything but just post a funny video. 

Why so serious? 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

The best you can do is kids comments?  And most likely just parroting their parents.  99.999% of kids that age have never had an original political thought.

Yeah, that was a WTF moment for me too.  Something Romney might have posted.  

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

I think I'd like to see Trump debate some articulate grade-schoolers.  I'm thinking a Trump version of "Are you smarter than a fifth grader" with an American politics and social issues theme.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

23 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

HAHA!

Another good one, 

Ha! Cute video. I love when kids parrot their parents views, I've got some funny stories on that of late. Wonder what my kids say to others? hmmm.

Millions of people who have been afraid to speak up have now come out in support of his major policies on immigration. Make no mistake, that is the single biggest issue of this election and those that are supporting him are not going to back down and support someone else. 

Edited by Braivo

- Mark

2 minutes ago, Braivo said:

Ha! Cute video. I love when kids parrot their parents views, I've got some funny stories on that of late. Wonder what my kids say to others? hmmm.

Millions of people who have been afraid to speak up have now come out in support of his major policies on immigration. Make no mistake, that is the single biggest issue of this election and those that are supporting him are not going to back down and support someone else. 

I strongly disagree with this statement.  It might be the biggest issue for some folks, and it may be what Trump wants to be the defining issue of the election, but we have bigger problems.  ACA is a disaster.  Sequester is a disaster.  Economy is coming back, but who knows how long that will last.  Deficits are still a problem, even if manageable.  ISIS and international terrorism is only going to get worse.  The list of real issues that threaten our security and primacy are numerous, but immigration isn't one of them.  The Great Wall of Mexico is a "top priority" only if you count the top 50 issues as "top priorities."

And I don't think that's the issue Trump wants to run on in the GE.  If he alienates every latino voter in the country he simply cannot win the GE.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

13 minutes ago, Braivo said:

Ha! Cute video. I love when kids parrot their parents views.

Sure that is why the one kid said his parents liked Trump yet he didn't? ;-) Why try to stomp down on the view of kids man, your just cruel. They are people too. :-P

I think kids honestly told it how it was, to pull a phrase from those who support Trump ;)

They saw how Trump acted and pegged him accurately. That back and forth between Cruz and Trump. I could see that being an argument between 10 year olds on who gets to watch the TV next. 

I think the kids are a good judge of character. They see a mean bully and called him out on how he acted. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

1 hour ago, Braivo said:

You are forgetting that the media simply cares about ratings and ad revenue. Giving Romney airtime today created a story, a story brings responses and viewers. The pundits have been plenty harsh with Romney today, most dismissing his comments. 

Good point re: ratings.

I just had CNN on for half an hour or so, and it was Romney-fawning mostly when I listened in. Puke (and I voted for Romney!). Good to hear this isn't representative of all coverage. 

25 minutes ago, jamo said:

What exactly do you expect them to do? Talk about what's happening now, or what happened 4 years ago?

People tend to soften to public figures over time. It's why every president's approval rating climbs substantially after they leave office. 

From other comments, it sounds like I was too quick to assess the media as fawning over Romney, but the bit I saw was treating him as an elder statesman, nearly presidential.

Perhaps I'm alone in seeing hypocrisy in this case, but it was odd to see the praise and respect Romney received from the moderators, considering how ignominiously he fell last election cycle. He went down in 2012 with the reputation of being elitist, out-of-touch, racist, poor judgment, etc. But now the same people in the media who pegged Romney with those labels have him on (with no apparent irony) as an arbiter of these same qualities for the next nominee. Just seems like something is off.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

4 minutes ago, RandallT said:

Perhaps I'm alone in seeing hypocrisy in this case, but it was odd to see the praise and respect Romney received from the moderators, considering how ignominiously he fell last election cycle. He went down in 2012 with the reputation of being elitist, out-of-touch, racist, poor judgment, etc. But now the same people in the media who pegged Romney with those labels have him on (with no apparent irony) as an arbiter of these same qualities for the next nominee. Just seems like something is off.

He just looks sane next to this year's crop. :-P

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 3110 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!