IGNORED

2015 British Open at St. Andrews Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 3032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger's hit 41% GIR. 91% fairways, but that's with quite a few irons off the tee.

If its not fairways, its greens. If its not greens its putting. If its not putting its fairways. Man he is truly disappointing.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

ESPN's coverage is kinda boring. Azinger puts me to sleep.

For all those saying the course is too easy, they have decided to play four days this year. Let's wait and see what happens.
  • Upvote 1

For all those saying the course is too easy, they have decided to play four days this year. Let's wait and see what happens.

It's easy when the wind doesn't blow. Very easy. That course needs wind. Its starting to get some now.

Ooof, feel bad for Lingmerth. 29 out, 40 in. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/128044/] [/URL]

It's hard to feel too bad about a round of 69 at a major.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Anyone else have the feeling that DJ will obliterate the field, so that by Sunday, he can falter a bit and still win comfortably?

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Anyone else have the feeling that DJ will obliterate the field, so that by Sunday, he can falter a bit and still win comfortably?

Possible. Still tons of golf left. This tournament changes to much over the weekend with the weather. I don't think Spieth is going anywhere though.

very happy to see Jason Day having a great Day.....

He's my favorite non-major winner to win one.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

He can overpower the Old Course, but he can't overpower 40 MPH winds. If the forecast holds, he'll need to adapt or die, lest he suffer the same fate as Rory the last time the Open was held here.

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

He can overpower the Old Course, but he can't overpower 40 MPH winds. If the forecast holds, he'll need to adapt or die, lest he suffer the same fate as Rory the last time the Open was held here.

So he'll hit 2 iron drives as long as the other players hit 3-woods. He still has a huge advantage.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Announcer Ivor Robson retiring after 41 Opens

I'll miss the dulcet tones of Robson. Loved his quote about how he minimized his bathroom breaks. "No input no output".

Quote:
The 144th Open will be Robson’s last as the first tee announcer, ending a tenure that began at the Open in 1975 at Carnoustie. He hasn’t missed a championship or a tee time since.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/announcer-ivor-robson-retiring-after-41-opens/

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/everything-you-need-know-about-ivor-robson-british-open-first-tee-announcer

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

So he'll hit 2 iron drives as long as the other players hit 3-woods. He still has a huge advantage.

It's not just about distance. DJ launches every shot into the stratosphere; the shot trackers from Chambers Bay tell the story. He won't be able to do that for the next two days.

Sandy Lyle and Tom Watson are outplaying him! They are a combined 273 years old.

Pretty well everyone is outplaying him including every single amateur.. Isn't it time Woods stops embarrassing himself and quit playing on the tour?

That stat about Jordan's putting is insane.

1st in 20-25ft putts but like 180th in 4-8ft putts. Weird.

It looked like Jordan was running out of gas down the back nine today, despite the birdie at 18. I don't know if he's going to hold it together for three more days.

Note: This thread is 3032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!