IGNORED

2015 British Open at St. Andrews Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 3041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

At least there are no tree-lines at St. Andrews so they should be good enough to work with it. I think we've all played in real strong winds and it makes golf real interesting haha . remember earlier this year in an 80km wind gusting over the 100, shooting low through the trees, great shot.. but it came just above the treeline and was almost immediate exit stage right to the next fairway.. Trouble tho there are the darn greens.. and they're so big there's square miles of em

I find the media treatment Tiger Woods currently is receiving after his performance a disgrase and totally out of proportion. I get the feeling some sort of personal war is being settled. He is not playing well, we all can see that. I read an article in golfdigest, multiple repeat of the word 'done'. Uncalled for. What happened to the US media and their respect for their storting heroes? Does Woods needs to be 65? High trees do catch a lot of wind, certainly in Scotland, but this not ok. I wonder what the reason behind it all is.

Just my 2 cents.

I would love to see him perform well, I enjoy DJ, I hope he finally wins.

You used the US media and respect in the same sentence? That may be a first.

They may be calling it as they see it though. I don't see anything in his game suggesting he is on the brink of a return to glory.

Never use a paragraph when a sentence will do.

Not sure if they should have started this morning, but other guys had to play in some rough weather.  That is how this Championship has always been.  You get a bad draw and you deal with the hand you are dealt.  The only way you can make it completely fair is for a shotgun start off of every hole with every player on the course at the same time but we all know that is not feasible.

Spieth and Johnson both had the option of playing out last night on the 14th like Matsuyama.  Right now I bet both wish they had.

Cause of High Winds -- Hurricane Trump arrived.

Dog and his hair blown out to sea  at St Andrews

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You used the US media and respect in the same sentence? That may be a first. They may be calling it as they see it though. I don't see anything in his game suggesting he is on the brink of a return to glory.

Hahaha, learning curve. Respect and media is out. It is what I see way bevond the pond here. TW has a long way to go to play decent, perhaps, but that is not my point. It is idiot the way he is being written about, life is hard as a professional atlete, critics, you have to deal with. But it is so tasteless right now.

[quote name="acetoolguy" url="/t/83040/2015-british-open-at-st-andrews-discussion-thread/558#post_1171019"] You used the US media and respect in the same sentence? That may be a first. They may be calling it as they see it though. I don't see anything in his game suggesting he is on the brink of a return to glory.

Hahaha, learning curve. Respect and media is out. It is what I see way bevond the pond here. TW has a long way to go to play decent, perhaps, but that is not my point. It is idiot the way he is being written about, life is hard as a professional atlete, critics, you have to deal with. But it is so tasteless right now.[/quote] Media in general everywhere is about extremes. They feel they need to magnify everything to get viewers and readers.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Not much fun for the guys that won't make the cut and got a few holes left on the second round.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

[quote name="taxgolf" url="/t/83040/2015-british-open-at-st-andrews-discussion-thread/540#post_1171031"] But it is so tasteless right now.

I reckon if you ask his ex-wife, ex-mistresses/girlfriends I think you'll find them saying he's tasteless.. Can't have it all ways[/quote] Do you have the same lack of respect for Tom Watson and Nick Faldo? They both have done as Woods has done? The wife Watson kissed on the 18th was another tour players wife at one time. Sir Nick has dabbled quite a bit.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Do you have the same lack of respect for Tom Watson and Nick Faldo? They both have done as Woods has done? The wife Watson kissed on the 18th was another tour players wife at one time. Sir Nick has dabbled quite a bit.

Yep I have no respect at all for Faldo both in his escapades and his condescending way he comments on other golfers .. but even he didn't make it a second career aim to put it about as much as he could

Confirmed Monday finish. Round 3 will be played Sunday.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Do you have the same lack of respect for Tom Watson and Nick Faldo? They both have done as Woods has done? The wife Watson kissed on the 18th was another tour players wife at one time. Sir Nick has dabbled quite a bit.

Oh I can't wait to see the answer to this one!!! There's no way there could possibly be a double standard could there?

Thanks for that little history lesson, I read "Tommy's Honor" in preparation for my trip to Scotland a few years ago. Absolutely fascinating stuff. One of my big regrets is that I didn't get to play the New Course. Had a tee time but we unexpectedly won a draw to play the Old a 2nd time so we opted to do that instead. Did play Jubilee and loved it.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Yep I have no respect at all for Faldo both in his escapades and his condescending way he comments on other golfers .. but even he didn't make it a second career aim to put it about as much as he could

Dammit I was expectin the gloves to come off !!

[quote name="boogielicious" url="/t/83040/2015-british-open-at-st-andrews-discussion-thread/540#post_1171041"] Do you have the same lack of respect for Tom Watson and Nick Faldo? They both have done as Woods has done? The wife Watson kissed on the 18th was another tour players wife at one time. Sir Nick has dabbled quite a bit.

Yep I have no respect at all for Faldo both in his escapades and his condescending way he comments on other golfers .. but even he didn't make it a second career aim to put it about as much as he could[/quote] And Watson?

Scott

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 3041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!