IGNORED

2015 PGA Championship at Whistling Straits Discussion Thread

RiddleMeThis
Note: This thread is 3191 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

We have. Winner!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Damn....I predicted Day winning with -17....can't believe he's obliterated that ....

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

It isn't over yet! Great year for majors!

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Looks like there will be a change at number one in the world. Sucks for Rory but I think he would probably even agree Jordan's earned it. And Jason will be 3rd, where he belongs. Say what you will about the OGWR, they tend to be pretty accurate.

Day just killed that one!

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Yelling after tee shots is one thing, but ... for the life of me, I don't understand ADULTS who insist on trying to touch famous people. It's weird and it's borderline creepy. Pretty sure if I was a pro golfer I'll deal with the bababooies if I can get rid of the constant roaming hands.

In my mind, Spieth was #1 after winning the USO.  OWGR lags, imho. Still.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

In my mind, Spieth was #1 after winning the USO.  OWGR lags, imho. Still.

Even with the win there, though, over the last year at that time Rory was still more dominant having won 2 WGCs and 2 majors, not to mention two good major showings this year. Now the rankings are reflecting more just this calendar year and that's why Jordan is taking over.

Jordan Spieth is resilient.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

What a bunker shot!

What's funny is its not like Jordan is playing all that bad today. The difference between him and Day might actually have been the draw on Thursday. It was a 2-3 stroke difference between morning and afternoon and Day is up by 3. Really since that first round Jordan's been almost stroke to stroke with Jason.

Day played like an champion.  He put his foot on the gas from the 1st hole and never looked back.  I'm happy for Day, he earned it.  It also looks like Jordan will finish #1 OWGR, he was #1 all season in my book.

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

Crouching tiger hidden birdie.

Steve

Safely on ... two more holes ....

Thumbs up for sure!

JORDAN SPIETH IS A CLASS ACT. JORDAN SPIETH JUST GAVE A THUMBS UP TO DAY. WHAT GREAT SPORTSMANSHIP. WHAT A GREAT MOMENT IN GOOD PEOPLE. SO GOOD FOR THE GAME. SUCH A CLASS ACT, WHAT A CLASSY GUY. DID I MENTION HOW MUCH CLASS HE HAS? SO SO CLASSY. WHAT SPORTSMANSHIP.
  • Upvote 3

Riley

Note: This thread is 3191 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!