IGNORED

Yea or Nay on Golf Fans Yelling Baba Booey!

Sante TwoGloves
Note: This thread is 2289 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

12 members have voted

1. 1. Yea or Nay on Baba Booey

• Yea, I think it's kinda funny, doesn't hurt the game. Golf is too serious anyway.
    • Nay, the people that yell aren't really fans and should be kicked out.
    • I don't really care, doesn't bother me.

Ya then someone would possibly die and it'd be a whole news extravaganza, listen to yourselves(people who want to retaliate)  what gives you the right to tell others what to do or not to do. So what these guys are yelling after tee shots obviously the ruling officials don't care because it happens all the time at every event. If people are paying to be there and its not said during a shot then what is really the harm that is done lighten up people and remove whatever is blocking your backside up. Jeez... Now that guy firing off the air cannon during ZJ's putt that's crossing the line, people yelling on the tee box is just harmless fun.

Exactly, if it is such a frowned upon act they sure aren't doing much about it..

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

People think Howard Stern is funny? That's the most shocked I've been since I saw Jenner's new appearance along-side his (her?) old voice.

I apologize for having a spam URL in my signature and will not do it again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccotenj

i think that the course marshalls should be equipped with tasers, and be given the instruction if some fool decides to yell any of the things that we have (sadly) become accustomed to hearing, tase them with impunity...

it wouldn't take long to make it stop... a few highly reported tasings would get people's attenton...

Ya then someone would possibly die and it'd be a whole news extravaganza,

Pretty sure he was joking. Relax

what gives you the right to tell others what to do or not to do.

What gives them the right to lessen the experience for all of the other paying customers at the event?

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Pretty sure he was joking. Relax What gives them the right to lessen the experience for all of the other paying customers at the event?

This is the crux right there.. Of course they have no right, but who is responsible for managing the atmosphere and experience of the paying customers? Surely it can't be the customers themselves right?

Eyad

Quote:

Originally Posted by SavvySwede

Pretty sure he was joking. Relax

What gives them the right to lessen the experience for all of the other paying customers at the event?

This is the crux right there.. Of course they have no right, but who is responsible for managing the atmosphere and experience of the paying customers? Surely it can't be the customers themselves right?

If the event organizers are unwilling or too soft, then dumping a beer on the fools head is the only logical conclusion. :-D

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

It's up to the event organizers to deal with it. They know who is doing it, and they're not taking action.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Ya then someone would possibly die and it'd be a whole news extravaganza, listen to yourselves(people who want to retaliate)  what gives you the right to tell others what to do or not to do. So what these guys are yelling after tee shots obviously the ruling officials don't care because it happens all the time at every event. If people are paying to be there and its not said during a shot then what is really the harm that is done lighten up people and remove whatever is blocking your backside up. Jeez... Now that guy firing off the air cannon during ZJ's putt that's crossing the line, people yelling on the tee box is just harmless fun.

Oddly you are basically asking what gives someone the right to define the limits, then define them yourself with an air cannon (of which I agree with you) ... I bet they felt that was harmless fun at the time ... and probably are still laughing their ass off about it. I find yelling ... and air cannons offensive ... vote that everyone be issued a "your a a$$hole" dart gun upon entering the event ... if you are found with 10 a$$hole darts attached to you, your immediately ejected from the event.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

It's up to the event organizers to deal with it. They know who is doing it, and they're not taking action.

Maybe not enough people are complaining about it? If 30% of the customers complained after each event they would have incentive to do something.. But if just a handful, not so much.

• Upvote 1

Eyad

These idiots that yell after golf shots or in theaters actually think they are funny and amusing because their dopey friend standing next to them is laughing at them.  Customers have a right to request they shut up or threaten to speak to someone at the venue.   Obviously things can escalate so I don't recommend confronting someone if you're not prepared to deal with the their reaction to your request.

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

if anything I've learned, its not usually the instigator that gets punished, its the retaliator. Probably not fair, but true.

I teach in a middle school in the Bronx and this is totally true.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 10*

Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 17* 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 20*

Irons: Callaway Rogue X 5i-GW

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*S and 58*K

Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4

[quote name="Jon Hoover" url="/t/83592/baba-booey/0_30#post_1178220"]Ya then someone would possibly die and it'd be a whole news extravaganza, listen to yourselves(people who want to retaliate)  what gives you the right to tell others what to do or not to do. So what these guys are yelling after tee shots obviously the ruling officials don't care because it happens all the time at every event. If people are paying to be there and its not said during a shot then what is really the harm that is done lighten up people and remove whatever is blocking your backside up. Jeez... Now that guy firing off the air cannon during ZJ's putt that's crossing the line, people yelling on the tee box is just harmless fun.

Oddly you are basically asking what gives someone the right to define the limits, then define them yourself with an air cannon (of which I agree with you) ... I bet they felt that was harmless fun at the time ... and probably are still laughing their ass off about it. I find yelling ... and air cannons offensive ... vote that everyone be issued a "your a a$$hole" dart gun upon entering the event ... if you are found with 10 a$$hole darts attached to you, your immediately ejected from the event.[/quote] i'd settle for that, but would still prefer tasing... :-D

I know im going to get ripped for saying this but didnt all this yelling crap start soon after Tiger showed up on the scene? I think he brought in alot of the younger non courteous crowd when he came out or it could just be the whole way people act these days.

I think Stern is a giant douche, and I think yelling "Baba-Booey" at a golf tournament is even douchier.  It ranks right up there with the other nozzles yelling "Mashed potatoes!", "You da man!", "Get in the hole!" (on a par 5 tee shot, no less), etc.

This didn't start from Howard sending fans out to tournaments and telling them to start yelling Baba-Booey. The Stern Show played a news clip a couple weeks ago where some of the people yelling had no idea Baba-Booey was connected to the show. There are just spectators that enjoy yelling stupid stuff, whether it's at a tour event, baseball game or comedy club.

Keegan Bradley's wedge

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

This didn't start from Howard sending fans out to tournaments and telling them to start yelling Baba-Booey. The Stern Show played a news clip a couple weeks ago where some of the people yelling had no idea Baba-Booey was connected to the show. There are just spectators that enjoy yelling stupid stuff, whether it's at a tour event, baseball game or comedy club.

Keegan Bradley's wedge

Keegan and Dufner are big Stern fans.  Gary was on PGA Tour Radio and shared that he has caught the golf bug and is taking lessons.  He confirmed that at this point most people don't know the origin of Baba Booey or that it's even associated with him and Stern, they think it's a golf term.

Joe Paradiso

Here is Dufner talking a little about the Baba booey phenom and who on tour rubs people the wrong way. [video]https://youtube.com/watch?v=8z2AphD6vFw[/video] full interview [video]https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZSGotRO06-U[/video]
  1. LPGA Square Two Melody driver 
  2. Callaway Steelhead Plus 5 W
  3. Adamsgolf Idea 4i hybrid 
  4. Answer 6 iron 
  5. Answer 8 iron 
  6. LH Golfsmith Tour Model IV PW
  7. AdamsGolf GTxtreme LW
  8. LH Ping Zing Magnesium Bronze

Note: This thread is 2289 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!