IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (August 2015)

Note: This thread is 3162 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Did some drill swings while playing.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Practiced at home and in the office. Working on the weight transfer in the downswing, getting a full backswing turn and not starting my hips too soon.

Doug

Did some drill swings while playing.

Tried out the tee under the dominant armpit drill. The tee never moves, not sure if it's supposed to come out at the follow through? It doesn't for me.. .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Simple putting on my green outside ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I worked on putting in my living room.  I focused on bringing the putter straight back in the back swing and straight through the ball during the downswing.  I also focused on accelerating through the ball.

Driver: Cobra Fly Z Plus, Stock Stiff,  10.5
3 Wood: TaylorMade AeroBurner, Stock Stiff, 15.0
3 Hybrid: Nike Vapor Speed, Stock Stiff, 20.0
4 to GW: Mizuno JPX EZ, KBS Tour 120
54: Cleveland Tour Action, Standard Bounce
58: Nike VR Vx3x Grooves, Toe Sweep
Putter: Odyssey Versa
Grips: Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

"Golf is not a game of good shots.  It's a game of bad shots." - Ben Hogan

Before my round today, I practiced 4' 8' and 12' putts, speed and line. I putted okay today -- no birdies, but very few really bad putts (compared to what I should expect from various distances, at least). I also hit a bucket at the range; a few just to A3 and through to get that well, the rest were slower swings. Did it help? I hit 8 GIR and 4 near-GIR on my way to an 83 in the first round of the club championship... including a +1 on the second nine (bogey #10, par #11-18).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Outside over grass.  Driver swings.  Start slow, half swings.  Full swings, 3/4 tempo.  No tension, feel the club fully release, full follow through.  Full swings, full speed.  Head still, no tension, feel the club fully release and full follow through.  Hip slide/turn.  I notice how much more club head speed I get when I am relaxed yet fast.  Did the same with my 3h.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

8.14.15 Speed drills with Driver outside for 15 minutes today. Did the right pocket to left pocket drill.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Doing some slow drills at home, and will be doing some full speed timing drills at the range.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

8.15.15: Putted from 30', 40' and 50' on the green that not a lot of people know about... It's probably 2 feet faster than the practice green and close to the speed on the course... I was focusing on the 10% rule mostly... And actually had some excellent results... Downhill sidehill uphill

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Doing some slow drills at home, and will be doing some full speed timing drills at the range.

Cooled down enough to hit a few before dinner. Hit one bucket with nice short slow swings and was proud that I didn't fall pray to range competition. I did hit a few 8i and driver full speed, but that was it. Took out the Cobra Bio Cell set at 9 degrees, and got a few decent shots from it. On the course yesterday they were all over the place, but much more controlled today with a slower and more controlled swing. My current driver has a swing weight of F2 and this Bio Cell is C1-C2 with a PX6.0 shaft. Slowing my swing gave me similar results from both swing weights. One of my range buddies noticed that my swing is much slower and more controlled. I told him about my 92 yesterday, and he said for me to just relax and play the way I hit at the range today. What's funny is I might have lost a hair of distance, but gained a huge amount of control. The swing feels very "controlled", and I didn't feel any discomfort from either of my injuries today.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I went to the range and hit a medium bucket. I warmed up with my sand wedge. I then practiced getting my weight forward in the downswing with my 6 iron.
Driver: Cobra Fly Z Plus, Stock Stiff,  10.5
3 Wood: TaylorMade AeroBurner, Stock Stiff, 15.0
3 Hybrid: Nike Vapor Speed, Stock Stiff, 20.0
4 to GW: Mizuno JPX EZ, KBS Tour 120
54: Cleveland Tour Action, Standard Bounce
58: Nike VR Vx3x Grooves, Toe Sweep
Putter: Odyssey Versa
Grips: Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

"Golf is not a game of good shots.  It's a game of bad shots." - Ben Hogan

Note: This thread is 3162 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!