IGNORED

2015 Wyndham Championship Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3185 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

...and Tiger eagles 15 to tie the lead.

Lee

In My Bag... Driver:Titleist 913D3  3 Wood: Dunlop 16deg railer  Hybr:Titleist 910H 24deg  4-GW:Mizuno JPX825Pros

Sand Wedge: Titleist Vokey 256-14  60deg: Mizuno Zoid   Putter: Odyssey WH Rossie (Left handed)

Not every day you see him at T1 these days.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Is it wildly premature to predict that Tiger will not only win this week, but at the Barclays next week as well? What if, after playing like garbage all year, he manages to win the FedEx Cup?

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Quote:

Is it wildly premature to predict that Tiger will not only win this week, but at the Barclays next week as well?

Yes.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I haven't seen anything of the tournament, but how is the rough? Tiger's driving accuracy is not very impressive, hovering around 50% of the fairways. Still hits 80% of the greens, but it feels like a course where he can get away with poor driving.

not very rough... he hasn't been much more accurate with iron than driver off the tee... yes, with more penal rough, he would be having some issues... that being said, his iron play (other than off the tee on par 4's) has been basically immaculate... so he is taking advantage of the conditions... if he can get in unscathed, it'll be the best round of the afternoon.. [quote name="PuttsLefty" url="/t/83943/2015-wyndham-championship-discussion-thread/72#post_1188637"]...and Tiger eagles 15 to tie the lead. [/quote] felt GOOD to hear a real tiger eagle roar! :-D

Quote: Yes.

Maybe so, but it would so appropriate that after the "Tiger is in decline, and a new generation is ready to take over" narrative that has dominated 2015, he would suddenly be Tiger Woods again and end the year on a ridiculous hot streak. Oh, snap, the Stinger is back in the bag!

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Learning so much on this site. Tiger just had 153 uphill to the green and he had a 9 iron in his hands. I thought "he's going to flight it" and he did.
  • Upvote 1

one thing is for sure... should things stay where they are at the end of the day, young mr. hoge is in for a new experience tomorrow... :-)

[quote name="ChrisP" url="/t/83943/2015-wyndham-championship-discussion-thread/60#post_1188627"]Good to see him playing well this week. Continue to feel he'll get some of his game back and will rack up more wins and another major in his career. I don't think he'll ever get to the level of Jordan or Rory ever again, but he doesn't need to reach that level to win more tourneys and at least one more major. Maybe Zach Johnson level....that'd be good enough.[/quote] [quote name="tiger19" url="/t/83943/2015-wyndham-championship-discussion-thread/60#post_1188632"] Ok, and?[/quote]Yeah that reminds me of the time Tiger was on top playing against a guy you never heard of before.Bob May?

Not every day you see him at T1 these days.

Eldrick has an erection lasting over four hours when playing a bunch of C players on an easy course..If Jordan, Rory et.al, were in the field, he would be soiling himself ..

Eldrick has an erection lasting over four hours when playing a bunch of C players on an easy course..If Jordan, Rory et.al, were in the field, he would be soiling himself ..

Kiemer is there.

Yeah I was thinking same thing since I cant stand him but he is playing well today.Some of the other guys that have been playing well are not doing that great today so he is doing somethin but yes this course not exactly tough.

A win is a win. Especially if you have been struggling.  Confidence.  It is not easy to win on the PGA tour.  For all the talk about Jordan Spieth....u win would have thought he has won 10 times in 2015......it's only 4.  4 used to be a below avg. season for Tiger.

Note: This thread is 3185 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!