IGNORED

Bringing Drinks/Coolers on to the Course

colin007
Note: This thread is 1319 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

28 members have voted

1. 1. Bringing outside alcohol on the course -

• Sure, i have no problem bringing a few brewskies from home to the course, i dont want to pay $5 for the beer and still have to tip the girl
    • Nope, i wouldnt do it because its taking revenue from the course. dont be a cheapskate.

This is actually illegal so yes it would be expected people aren't out there blazing away. Honestly I rarely see it and only a Cheech and Chong type would do edibles and golf. Even the lose dose edibles knock you down. Thinking about it I rarely smell or see people smoking pot anywhere, it's not the crazy town full of weed smokers the conservative media wants people to believe.

I was just asking because in past threads about alcohol on the golf course there were a number of people that spoke out against alcohol but had no issue with pot so I was curious if Puma was one of those.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was just asking because in past threads about alcohol on the golf course there were a number of people that spoke out against alcohol but had no issue with pot so I was curious if Puma was one of those.

Nope, I am pretty anti-pot culture despite being a huge liberal.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

I am there to golf and I am a serious mofo when it comes to it but I will almost always drink a beer or two during weekend rounds.

A beer a round is fine, I just hate the culture of having a 6 pack while you golf.

If you need that much booze to enjoy something, why do it all?

(sorry missed the multi-quote button)

Tony  

Pot culture could be anything, as in the stereotype doesn't fit in 2015. I know people that use THC products that look like an everyday grandfather. I've never seen any hippie looking people at dispensaries, not even the people that work there.

Dave :-)

Pot culture could be anything, as in the stereotype doesn't fit in 2015. I know people that use THC products that look like an everyday grandfather. I've never seen any hippie looking people at dispensaries, not even the people that work there.

Pot culture being wearing the pot leaves on clothes, wearing bob marley clothes, waking and baking, smoking everyday, etc.   This was on display more than once when I played at Park Hill Golf Club...

I have no problem with the drug but the over the top culture is annoying and makes Colorado look bad.  Not to mention how high rent has become recently...

Tony  

Just going to say, this probably isn't a good thing to bring up because it's going to/has led to topics being pretty severely derailed into the off-topic discussion around pro/anti pot.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Just going to say, this probably isn't a good thing to bring up because it's going to/has led to topics being pretty severely derailed into the off-topic discussion around pro/anti pot.

The point I was making is I don't care if a guy drinks, eats edibles or even shoots heroin as long as he's not destroying the course, not being disruptive to other golfers and not backing up the course due to slow play.

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

I would think if they're keeping a reasonable pace and putting their beer cans in the trash can, you should probably just chill out and mind your own game, no?

What is the reason you need to drink on the golf course??

Do you have to drink at every activity you do?  Seems odd that people have to drink during a 4 hour round of golf...

One doesn't need to have a drinking problem to want to have a beer or two when playing his Saturday round with friends.  99% of the players who drink while playing do not get drunk.  I guarantee that the course sells a lot more beer to guys who might have one to calm their nerves after a bad front 9, or one beer per side because they've been working all week and just want to relax and enjoy the few hours away from both work and wife and kids.  Then too, some just like to have a beer or three when they play.  I don't usually drink while I play, but on rare occasions I'm just in the mood for a beer after the turn if the course offers more than just bland domestic beers.  I can drink 3 or 4 beers during a 4½ hour round and not be remotely drunk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Since you're from Colorado I'm curious if you expect people not to smoke pot or eat edibles on the course as well?

This is actually illegal so yes it would be expected people aren't out there blazing away. Honestly I rarely see it and only a Cheech and Chong type would do edibles and golf. Even the lose dose edibles knock you down. Thinking about it I rarely smell or see people smoking pot anywhere, it's not the crazy town full of weed smokers the conservative media wants people to believe.

I have yet to see anyone using pot on the course, or really anyplace else for that matter.  Even around people who I know are users, I never see any evidence of it.  I played with a 20 something a couple of months ago who manages a head shop - even he didn't smoke on the course.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

What is the reason you need to drink on the golf course?? Do you have to drink at every activity you do?  Seems odd that people have to drink during a 4 hour round of golf...

I only drink when I'm riding in a cart and I usually walk. Drinking does however, help quiet down the man in my head that keeps yelling at me and that's nice for a change.

One doesn't need to have a drinking problem to want to have a beer or two when playing his Saturday round with friends.  99% of the players who drink while playing do not get drunk.  I guarantee that the course sells a lot more beer to guys who might have one to calm their nerves after a bad front 9, or one beer per side because they've been working all week and just want to relax and enjoy the few hours away from both work and wife and kids.  Then too, some just like to have a beer or thee when they play.  I don't usually drink while I play, but on rare occasions I'm just in the mood for a beer after the turn if the course offers more than just bland domestic beers.  I can drink 3 or 4 beers during a 4½ hour round and not be remotely drunk.

I have yet to see anyone using pot on the course, or really anyplace else for that matter.  Even around people who I know are users, I never see any evidence of it.  I played with a 20 something a couple of months ago who manages a head shop - even he didn't smoke on the course.

Maybe not drunk, but pretty buzzed.  I guess I just prefer to separate sports from drinking.  I don't drink while playing hockey....  Why would I during golf?

I admit it is not as bad playing Welshire and other Denver Public courses but when I played at Park Hill it was a problem.  And there was plenty of pot smokers on that course, hell I was offered a joint on more than one occasion.

Tony  

Funny, I saw it every week I played in league. They weren't young people, it was typically all older guys 40-60. Also many drank close to a 6 pack during the 9 hole league. Everyone's experiences with such things vary. Personally, I hated having people smoking pot around me, but as I mentioned in other threads, I put up with quite a bit just because it was a way for me to spend time with my father.

In general, I don't have much problem with people drinking. However, being around people who drink too much is/can be annoying depending on how they behave. That said, none of this really has much, if anything, to do with the topic of this thread which is about people bringing their own drinks/coolers onto the course.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

One doesn't need to have a drinking problem to want to have a beer or two when playing his Saturday round with friends.  99% of the players who drink while playing do not get drunk.  I guarantee that the course sells a lot more beer to guys who might have one to calm their nerves after a bad front 9, or one beer per side because they've been working all week and just want to relax and enjoy the few hours away from both work and wife and kids.  Then too, some just like to have a beer or three when they play.  I don't usually drink while I play, but on rare occasions I'm just in the mood for a beer after the turn if the course offers more than just bland domestic beers.  I can drink 3 or 4 beers during a 4½ hour round and not be remotely drunk.

Only time I encountered people smoking pot on the course was in Jamaica when I played White Witch.  I know some guys in my club like to "partake" while playing but I've never witnessed it.

Joe Paradiso

i bring my own water with mint sirop, a couple of fruits etc.

dont see why I should purchase this at the club.

I have my own underwear on in underwear shops as well.

That's where I think CO is progressive. The sales numbers have people thinking it's everywhere but you really don't see it. People are discreet about it and the implements for smoking are small and mostly odorless. It's pretty far from Woodstock.

Dave :-)

If you bring your own booze into the golf course, do you also bring in outside food/drinks to the movies?  Would you bring beer into a movie theatre?

Tony  

If you bring your own booze into the golf course, do you also bring in outside food/drinks to the movies?  Would you bring beer into a movie theatre?

Used to do it all the time when I was a kid but now the movie theater by me sells beer there. I don't bring food anymore either but I just eat before because I will not be paying $8 for a hot dog.

Driver: Nike VRS Covert 2.0
3W:  Nike VRS Covert
3H:  Nike VRS Covert 2.0
4H:  Nike VRS Covert 2.0
5-AW:  Nike  VRS-X
SW:  Nike VRS Covert
LW:  Nike VRS X3X 60*
Putter:  Nike Method MC-3i

Used to do it all the time when I was a kid but now the movie theater by me sells beer there. I don't bring food anymore either but I just eat before because I will not be paying $8 for a hot dog.

I think it's one of those vicious cycles, people bring their own because they don't want to pay the high price so the prices get higher to compensate for the people who bring their own....

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Note: This thread is 1319 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!