IGNORED

2015 Newport Cup Sponsor Thread: Linksoul Apparel

Note: This thread is 3146 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Linksoul provided the apparel for the players of the 2015 Newport Cup. Each players received three shirts (blue shirts for the East, red for the West) and two pairs of shorts. The outfits looked awesome on the guys and felt great in the desert heat.

This thread is for the posting of comments, photos of the clothes, discussion of the player's experience wearing the clothes, and anything else Newport Cup team members want to share about Linksoul. If any other forum members have any questions for the team members, ask them here.

For now, @iacas and I would like to send a hearty THANK YOU to Linksoul!

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a few Linksoul shirts in my closet before the Newport Cup and I am excited to have a few more. The shirts are made with material that is great the first time you take it off the rack and even after a high number of washings. In fact it seems with most of my Linksoul shirts they get even better the more I wear them.

The red shirts we got all did very well with the heat and were very comfortable right out of the bag. The Newport Cup logo looked great and it is really great for Linksoul to provide our team uniforms for the event. Thanks again.

Michael

As with the True linkswear shoes, I had never heard of this brand. And, like the True shoes, I might not buy anything else ever again.

As @mchepp said above, these clothes do super well in the heat. They don't stick to you at all. One of my biggest pet peeves is not having enough room under the armpits; I frequently fidget and twitch to get the proper space and comfort. These shirts fit in such a way where my problems were truly minimal. It really made a difference.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

I am kinda particular in my golf shirts. I tend to go towards the typical synthetic golf shirts since they tend to not shrink and fit pretty well. I was interested in Linksoul from Erik's post back in August.

For the shirts, I can say this is one of the best golf shifts I've ever worn. The website says the shirt is 100% cotton. The type of cotton they use is very light and very soft. The shirts fit fantastic and move with ease in the golf swing. The shirt does not shrink if properly washed, which is nice when you buy a 100% cotton shirt. Some shirts tend to shrink or change shape even when washed properly. These are woven correctly so that they maintain their shape.  I can say I will be buying a few more of these shirts in the near future.

Now onto the golf shorts that we were allowed to wear. If you like very light shorts that fit very well then these are for you. These might be some of the best shorts I've ever worn.

I think Linksoul has really come out with a great product for golfers or anyone to wear.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

On a side note. I just bought two more shirts from Linksoul :)

They have a good number of them on sale right now ;)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

For the Newport Cup, I bought a few Under Armour shirts, assuming I'd need to moisture wicking fabric to be working overtime in the hot, dry Arizona sun. What a waste of $70. The Linksoul shirts we were provided were - bar none - the most comfortable shirts for golf I've ever worn. Hell, the most comfortable polo shirts I've ever worn. For cotton shirts, they were extremely light and breathable. They fit great, and stretched nicely during the golf swing. We were provided with two pairs of shorts, which also fit nicely. They were lightweight, just the right amount of stretchy, and stayed very cool. I had only a minor complaint with the darker pair, which is that mine were significantly longer than they should have been. Longer than my other pair of shorts, and longer than everyone else's. Nothing a hem won't fix up pretty quickly though. In closing, I need to give a big THANK YOU to Linksoul for the shirts and shorts. They looked awesome, felt great, and were perfect for golf.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

The Linksoul golf shirts were great. Very light and comfortable. During my Saturday singles match it was so hot I was carrying a towel around everywhere to get the sweat off of my face, hands, and arms yet my shirt didn't stick or inhibit my swing at all during the round. The stitching on the Newport cup logo was awesome and I really liked the style. The real winner though was the shorts. A good pair of golf shorts are really tough to come across, I find mot shorts don't leave enough room around the hips to swing 100% free without looking baggy or needing to go up a size. The cut was perfect around the waist and they had lightweight mess pockets which helped keep me cool in those 100+ degree temps.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Linksoul Shorts Review (5 Stars)

Pros: Lightweight, Fit, Comfort, Quality

Cons: None

Linksoul is a relatively new company to the golf short industry, but the creator has been in the golf clothing business for a long time. The company is created by John Ashworth who started the Ashworth clothing brand.

I was lucky enough to be given the Linksoul Stretch Chambray Shorts to try out. These shorts come in sizes 30 to 40. They have three color options grey, kahki, and vintage navy. The shorts are made of 98% cotton and 2% spandex (which I assume is to allow for some give as stated in the name of the shorts).

They are a front flat, not pleated. They can be machined washed.

The thing I like the most about these shorts is how light they are. They are made of a very thin high quality cotton. They also have a great fit. They don't feel tight around the legs and they don't restrict the movements of the golf swing. The shorts come with a small front pocket for I presume a ball marker.

I typically wear  36 waist, but sometimes a 38 depending on the brand. I think I am more near the 37 waist, which isn't typically an option. I got a 36 waist and these fit perfect for me.

All in all these are just a very good pair of shorts that are extremely comfortable. I highly recommend these shorts for people who want a very light comfortable short.

Linksoul Shirt Review (5 Stars)

Pros: Quality, Weight, Fit, Comfort, Breathable

Cons: None

Linksoul is a relatively new company to the golf shirt industry, but the creator has been in the golf clothing business for a long time. The company is created by John Ashworth who started the Ashworth clothing brand.

From what I can tell all the golf shirts are 100% innosoft cotton. Which is their proprietary style of cotton. I can say from wearing this shirt it's one of the softest and lightest shirts I've ever worn. It's like wearing a very soft tee shirt, but it's made into a polo. What's also nice is how breathable the shirt is. We were in high 90's to low 100's temperatures in Phoenix AZ and you didn't feel like you were suffocating on the course. Another good aspect is how the shirt just fits amazingly well. Its not tight at all. The shirt moves extremely well in the golf swing. It doesn't feel like you are restricted by the shirt. I recommend getting measured and looking at the chart on their website to see what size you fit. A large shirt fit me perfect. I was really pleased.

What might be tough to swallow is the price. Most of the shirts are in the 65-75 range. I know some people are not willing to pay that much. I can say from experience I have seen shirts that cost that much that are not this quality of shirt in terms of feel and comfort. Typically when you see 100% cotton it's a very large thread with small thread count. This means it's heavy and doesn't breath well. You can also end up with a blend of polyester and cotton, or 100% polyester. I know some Nike golf shirts  are 100% polyester and cost 65 dollars. If I had my choice I would buy Linksoul 100% of the time. If you are timely with your buys you can get shirts at a discount as well. Clothing industry is known for putting a lot of shirts on sale at the end of a season. In that regard these shirts can be an extremely good value for the quality.

Being 100% cotton the fear of shrinkage is there. I've already washed my shirts once and they were exactly the same as I received the shirt. I will say this, wash your cloths correctly, follow the instructions on the shirt.

In the end I will be a regular customer of this company. They have fantastic clothing.

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I headed to the Newport Cup with all of my red shirts in tow.  All ONE of them.  I was planning on getting by with that shirt, the red laces in my shoes, and if necessary, a red shirt or hat from the golf course.

So, when we got back to the house Wednesday night after our extraordinary visit to Ping, I was elated to find a stack of loot with my name on it.  Among other various goodies were 3 new Linksoul golf shirts and two pairs of shorts.  We were given a Linksoul uniform for each day of the tournament. Day 1. Day 2. Day 3. The shirts are knit cotton, which I've gotten away from wearing lately because I love the feel of the moisture wicking fabrics that most companies have gone to lately.  However, these were the most comfortable golf shirts that I've ever worn.  The fit was great, and the look was even better.  (The shirt is a large reason why I went to my new current avatar.  We look sharp!!)

The shorts fit just as well, and were also the most comfortable I've ever had. Day 1. Day 2 & 3.

And keep in mind we weren't exactly playing in the most pleasant weather either.  The temperature on the first bad wasn't bad but the humidity was horrendous.  (I don't care what those east coast crazies say - it was muuuu-frickin-geeeee!!!)  Friday and Saturday dried out but also heated up to very near 100 degrees.  The cotton shirts did show a little (a very little) sweat on occasion, however, they kept me very comfortable throughout the entirety of the tournament.  They could not have performed any better - even though in a few of the rounds I could have. ;)

The shorts came with a few extra tiny pockets that I assume were just for fashions sake, because I don't know what they could actually be used for.  Speaking of pockets, if I was to nitpick anything I didn't like about the clothes (and this is a stretch) I'd say that I didn't care that our Day 1 shorts had deeper than normal mesh pockets.  I found myself doing that awkward dance on the putting green digging around for a coin in my pocket while everybody else waited.  Perhaps that was what the tiny pockets were for?

Lastly, I'll simply say that I am sold on the comfort and looks of the Linksoul brand and the only reason I don't already own more of their shirts is because the wife said I have to "leave her something to get me for my birthday."  I also can't wait until it cools off in, hopefully, a few weeks so I can test out their slacks.

I'd just like to give one big giant thank you to Linksoul golf for being a Newport Cup sponsor and providing us with our wardrobes for the week.

Linksoul Shirts: I absolutely love the fabric and the colors (I should say 'hues') they came in for the Newport Cup. If the name is any indication there is definitely a soulful feel to how they sit on your person. Also, something else I noted after a couple of gentle washes; they get softer and better! No shrinkage that I noticed. The fabric breathes well and is tailor-made for hot weather. I want more of these.

Linksoul Shorts: Much more of a traditional golf shorts feel to these babies. They stay nice and crisp all day unlike some similar fabric (linen type) which start showing some serious wrinkles after a couple of hours wear on the course. Fit is an athletic formal type. Just the way I like it. Also, fabric defines 'lightness' as noted in some of the above reviews. Keepers.

Thanks a bunch to Linksoul for getting involved in the Newport Cup and thanks a bunch to Erik and Mike for bringing them in. The look on some of our faces upon discovery of our week's wear was, well.......priceless!

The fabric of their links-wear is now woven in my soul forever.. :-) .

Vishal S.

Also, something else I noted after a couple of gentle washes; they get softer and better! No shrinkage that I noticed.

Oh thanks ... you reminded me that I totally forgot to mention this as well.  We washed the the clothes per the tag instructions and I've re-worn two of the shirts so far and they feel exactly the same way they felt the before the wash.  No shrinking, no stiffening, and no wrinkling either which was nice.

I want a few more of their outfits as well!

Note: This thread is 3146 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!