IGNORED

Can Driving Distance be Bought (for Better Players)?

Note: This thread is 3137 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Oh great then I need to gain about 20 yards of the tee average and work on my irons sweet I can do that one year from now ill be a plus 6!!

I think I have a good swing so here is the bet Iacas 7 iron whoever hit's it the longest wins.

@Mike Boatright , I'm going to be brutally honest at this point.

Your behavior and posts here are pretty uninformed, to put it nicely. I saw a PM forwarded to me where you claimed that people here were jealous of you and that you had a 175 IQ. I don't know many people that intelligent who type things like "hit's it" and who are as adamant about things as you seem to be.

And seriously, what does Tin Cup have to do with anything? You're not going to be a professional. Figure that out, please, and stop wasting the time and energy of people here. There's a discussion going on about whether you're a troll or not, but this conversation and your repeated actions have steered me right back toward "yep."

Take this time out to re-assess what you're doing here, because if it's to continue to troll, to continue to give bad advice and fail to actually and meaningfully engage in discussions, then you will end up spending much more time in the PB than free to post.

P.S. I'll fix the thread title, too, since you typed "your" instead of "you're."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just caught up with this thread and all I can say is wow.

If everyone rated their game by their best shots we'd all be +4's :-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Just caught up with this thread and all I can say is wow.  If everyone rated their game by their best shots we'd all be +4's :-)

No, even with my best shots, I'd still suck. :-P

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

@Mike Boatright , when ever you "think" you are ready to try and play professional golf, go ahead and try the US Open Qualifiers.  First, you have to have an official 1.5 handicap or less or claim professional status.  But it'll clue you in on a real test of golf and how even these guys that'll kick ur a** in qualifying, are not even a match for touring professionals.

Also, your great shots don't determine ability as much as how good your misses are or your ability to manage those misses.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

My take away from this thread: On Friday last week I played a round.  Hole number 1 I birdied after a perfectly drawn drive that cut the dogleg, then an approach to within 6 feet and a 1 putt.  So that is my true talent not the other 17 holes that I played 20 over par.

I made par on a Par 3 and made bogey on a par 4 yesterday IN THE RAIN (but I should have made par). My best drive was about 230 yards. I had no idea I was a scratch golfer already!!  Beers are on me!!  Let's go!

Not to mention, a 6 handicapper really sucks. :P

Hey!!

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Interesting. I mean, I can hit 300 yard drives. I do it fairly regularly. However, I have no delusions of ever being good enough to play on tour because I happen to have the ability to hit the long ball. I like what @phillyk said, it's not about your best shots it's about your worst shots and how you recover. Here's a bet for you @iacas and @Mike Boatright , I bet I can make it to single digit HI before you (Mike Boatright) can make it to scratch *legitimately not by estimating*.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Interesting. I mean, I can hit 300 yard drives. I do it fairly regularly. However, I have no delusions of ever being good enough to play on tour because I happen to have the ability to hit the long ball. I like what @phillyk said, it's not about your best shots it's about your worst shots and how you recover. Here's a bet for you @iacas and @Mike Boatright , I bet I can make it to single digit HI before you (Mike Boatright) can make it to scratch *legitimately not by estimating*.

It probably depends more upon what you two are doing to improve your games. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

In all honesty, it's not a fair bet. It's much easier to go from 18 to 9 than it is to go from 6 *or 4* to scratch.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I think it would depend even more on who is keeping Mike Boatright's score through holes/rounds played.  Mike Boatright's HI is probably not what he think's it is judging by the way he thinks golf should be scored.

I wonder if the Majors can be played the way he describes it, I mean, why even bother playing so long as you have 18 pars or birdies lifetime.  Perhaps it can be like Dungeons and Dragons or Pokemon cards.  You bring a bag full of videos of your best shots and instead of playing the rounds, you play against each others highlight reels but you have to use them correctly.  Pick the Eagle you got by draining it from 165 yards out on the 2nd day of play and you may still lose the total for that hole over 4 days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

I think it would depend even more on who is keeping Mike Boatright's score through holes/rounds played.  Mike Boatright's HI is probably not what he think's it is judging by the way he thinks golf should be scored.

I wonder if the Majors can be played the way he describes it, I mean, why even bother playing so long as you have 18 pars or birdies lifetime.  Perhaps it can be like Dungeons and Dragons or Pokemon cards.  You bring a bag full of videos of your best shots and instead of playing the rounds, you play against each others highlight reels but you have to use them correctly.  Pick the Eagle you got by draining it from 165 yards out on the 2nd day of play and you may still lose the total for that hole over 4 days.

He probably had people scoring for him when he was a high school and college golfer. During that period he was close to scratch or slightly better, but they don't actually all track their handicaps because they play without them anyway. I agree it's bad to depend upon others for scoring, and even my son and his team mates know a huge percentage of the rules as 6-8 handicaps. One is scratch to plus, though, and might influence their ROG knowledge a bit.

Top high school players are usually scratch. I need to assume, based upon what he stated about his golfing history, that he was a top high school player to play in college and possibly regional pros?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 3137 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!