IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

42 yesterday. I didn't play well or poorly. I couldn't get much going...like 2 good holes in a row. Couldn't chip from rough for anything. I hit a 50 foot birdie putt though!
40 today. I played consistent golf and didn't have a double the whole time. I need to get better at chipping around the greens. I couldn't chip from the rough. 3 putted once and lipped out on a long birdie putt.

Chipping hasn't been great. Putting has been good. Driving has been iffy (better today than yesterday). Irons have been money. I can feel that I'm getting better.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

so i played a dogtrack today and my ego got the best of me... i tried playing from the tips...
46 out
49 in
for a 24 over par 70... 95
driver was on fire (this maybe the reason my ego inflated)
woods were money...
irons failed me miserably...
short game(my fave part) was non existent...
had 1 good sand save and 1 really bad one...
hit so many cartpaths it was like cement had ball magnets...
there were absolutely no kinds of yardage markers so i was guesstimating and leaving myself short all day long...
the good things about today were i didnt have anything more than a double bogey... only 1 three putt... none of my balls got wet... and i was bombing driver at will
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

I started playing golf in Nov. 08. its about 6 and a half month now. I live in Sacramento, CA. this past friday i played at bartley cavanaugh for the third time. This was my first time playing off of gold (rating: 68.9 slop:122). i scored a 99. the only hole that i felt i did bad was the 13th hole which i made 10 strokes on . haha.. anyways, over all i felt i did good. Then this past sunday i played at Wildhawk playing from the gold as will (rating: 70.9 slop:125). i played my best game so far with a score of 92. I could of played much better but 92 is good enough. I had 2 ten foot birdie putts and ended up with boggies. on the 18th hole, i had a 5 foot birdie putt and ended up with boggy haha... it was about 8pm in the evening and the green was really slow. anyways, overall i feel my game is getting much better. my scores went from 106-114 and dropped to 92-99 in just a month. i think that slowing down was one thing that is making my game better.

Played Saturday and Sunday, VERY windy here in Ohio 80 degrees with 20-30mph all day both days, definitely made it interesting for my 1st 2 times out this year

Sat - 45/50, 4 fairways, 2 GIR, 35 putts

Sun - 46/45, 2 fairways, 3 GIR, 34 putts, should have had much better rounds.....front 9 I had 4 straight 1 putts followed by 4 straight 3 putts, ugh I love golf....had 7 1-putts on the day, I'm sure thats a record for me, 6 pars, only 2 triples on the day

Probably won't be able to play for a few weeks but very happy with the weekend!

:
Driver:  MachSpeed Black 10.5 Fukikura Motore Speeder shaft

1Hybrid: VR PRO 15* (replacing my 3wood with this) 

Hybrids:  Baffler 18*, DWS 20*, TWS 23*

5I-GW  Mx-19 

Wedges - 50.08/54.14/58.10 

Putter:iN Craz-e

Ball: Pro V1x or Callaway Tour i(z) 

i left alot of shots out there today... too many birdie opps that didnt go in...
shot a 92
48 out
44 in
driving was money...
approach shots getting a lil bit better than the past few rounds
putting was on and off... reads are getting better
slice crept back every now and then but most of the time i kept it under control
chipping was much more controlled except one par4 that i played ping pong with... i need to get back into shooting in the 80's or my handicap is gonna start inflating
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

44+38=82 at my executive home course today. I had a great chance of breaking 80 and playing better than bogey golf for the round, but I teed my ball too low on the par-4 16th hole and lost a topped hook into the woods, finishing the hole with a 7 after playing my third off the tee and putting my approach shot in a bunker.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

• Administrator
76 at Lake View . It's apparent I'm in need of much more practice and a lot less playing, though, so I'm planning on a 3-hour range session tomorrow.

Weather dependent.

My feel is not lining up with reality.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

83. Best round of the year for me by a lot. I didn't even score well compared to how i hit the ball.
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

shot a 78 on 18 at my home course 70.2 127 6200 i had a couple crazy up and down today on 11 a par 3 195 yards i chunk a hybrid so bad i was left with a nine iron i hit it to 4 feet made it and saved par it was pretty sweet overall pretty good round 8/14 fairways
8 out of 18 gir got to work on that lol and 33 putts

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

Tried out a new course today and ended up shooting a personal best on the front nine...40! Unfortunately my tee shots were incredibly inconsistent on the back nine and I had a few double's. My final for 18 was 86, which is still a great score considering how unsatisfied I was with the back nine.
Driver: ZL 10.5⁰
Fairway: Burner 15⁰/19⁰
Irons: MP-67
Wedges: 1018 52⁰/56⁰/60⁰
Putter: Byron Morgan 007xBall: Pro V1x

77 at my home track Inverness Country Club yesterday. Was +2 through 16 and tripled #17. The greens are really starting to take shape and the course is in great overall condition. My ball striking was below average but my chipping and putting was better then average.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

79! although, it's hardly fair since my home course has two temporary greens on the front. But nevertheless I managed to shoot a 38 on the back, which I am more than pleased with.

"Hey! Llama! How about something..you know..for the effort.."

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select
LW: Titleist Vokey 60*
SW: Bazooka Milled Carbon Steel 56*GW: Hand Made Snake Eye 3-PW: King Cobra II Tour OS5W: Taylor Made Burner SupersteelDriver: Henry Griffitts 13*...

I shot 79 yesterday, as well. Only second or thrid time ive broken 80 the entire month. Handicap has gone up a stoke..lol.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

• Administrator

I hit roughly 250 (more like 270) 40-yard 7-irons today focusing on nothing but my takeaway.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

59 for 9 holes... worse than usual, but not so bad considering I haven't played since before Christmas. It was a screwy kind of day, too. On the second hole I had a 90 yard shot from under a tree, right on the edge of the grass. Good swing, good contact, saw the ball go up, heard it hit tree, and it was never to be seen again... I think it got lodged in a squirrel nest. Bit later, topped a drive, skittered into the tee marker 20 yards up, ricocheted back behind me across a cart path into some bushes and went missing... Weird weird weird.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

79 at Harding Park GC from the blues. It was a perfect day weather wise. I was ball striking very well but my putter was acting up. Two 3 putt greens and I missed 2 birdie putts inside 10 feet. Make'em next time.

Driver - TaylorMade R7 425
3-Wood - Callaway Original Steelhead
Irons - Ben Hogan 3-PW Apex FTX, Rifle 6.5
Wedges - Titleist Vokey 52, 56, and 60
Putter - Scotty 2004 Newport Beach 1.5