IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I shot an 85(+14)

In The Four5 Bag:
907D2 9.5* Driver with Aldila VS Proto 65-S
906F4 13.5* 3-Wood with Aldila VS Proto Fairway 80-S
585H 17* & 21* Hybrids with Aldila VS Proto Hybrid 80-S
Z-Blend Forged 3-PW TT Gold S300 Vokey SM 52/8 & 58/8 TT Gold S400 Classic #3 Putter Pro V1xAll Played at Cattails Golf Course.....

I shot an 84 today. Hit my the ball really flush and I have been working on my take away and flattening my swing the last few weeks. I was terrible around the greens and I finished triple - double - double. Ouch

Total 84 (38-46)

Fairways: 6
GIR: 11
Putts: 37

G10
SteelHead III
I3
Vockey
588 BC-2

Played well all day long. Ended up playing with my best bud who was playing his first round ever. That was exhilerating. Ballstriking is getting better. Driving is becoming straighter and almost even starting to hook just slightly which I like.

Shot a 41 .

I can't decide if this was a Greek Tragedy or a Three Stooges Comedy...

Woodlawn Country Club again today

6082 yards, par 72, 69.0/117

a 20-25 mph wind from the nw made for some fun times

#1: Driver just goes in the right rough. I attempt a 4i but the grass is just too deep. It does make it to the fairway though and I hit the next 4i left of the green into an old bunker where the grass has grown in. I leave the chip 15 feet short and 2 putt for a double bogey.

#2: Driver goes long, but right, and into a creek. The third shot is with a 7i over a tree and back into the fairway. 8i is hooked 20 yards left of the green. I was happy with the chip to 15 feet, but the putt failed to drop and it was a triple bogey 7.

#3: 5i hits the fairway on this very short par 4, kicks left and rolls into the water. GRRRRRRRR. Gw is short of the greenside bunker and the chip is a bit sad too. 2 putts from 28 feet and I walk off with a 6 on a 268 yard par 4. WOO HOO!

#4: With a gale behind me, and remembering my trip into the creek over the green last week, I hit a knockdown sw. It's judged very well and is 25 feet left of the pin. I hit it into Ben Wright range and I've got a par.

#5: Driver is hit over 200 yards again, but sliced. I hit another slice with my 4i to leave me 137 yards into the green. The 8i is pin high on the left fringe and my first putt is very downhill. I hit it five feet past, but make the comebacker for a par.

#6: I try driver again and the wind blows this one straighter, but still in the right rough. I barely make it past a pine tree and have very little backswing. I get it to the fairway, but the 9i is pulled badly. Distance good, direction bad. The chip from deep rough is pretty good, but I miss the putt from 13 feet to make another double bogey.

#7: I switch to the 3w and it splits the fairway. Pw is 29 feet short of the hole on the green. First putt is four feet left, but I sink that for another par.

#8: Wind is behind me and from 160 yards I hit an 8i pin high 33 feet right of the pin. This putt is left four inches short and it's another par.

#9: I try driver again and it's a bit of a pop up into the right rough. This rough is about an 8 on the 1974 Winged Foot scale. The Tight Lies 5w gets it out though and goes down the hill a bit. From 202 yards I attempt to hit it across the creek, but top it well short with a 3w. From 137 yards a 9i is hit way right of the green, shortsided and it's all downhill to the pin. I take my medicine, chip it across the green, and take two putts for a double bogey.

Front 9 of 47: 4 pars, 4 double bogeys and a triple bogey

but the roller coaster ride doesn't stop there, after getting a Coke and a bag of peanuts it's off to the back 9 (same 9, just different tees)

#10: 3w off the tee is just into the much nicer left rough. 4i is hooked short of the green and under a tree. The attempt at a run up shot is just short and the chip is 6 feet short of the pin. It's a lip out and I still haven't made a bogey.

#11: This 3w is also into the right rough, but the 7i finds it way over the trees again. A 5i from 178 yards actually finds the green! I was in shock. It's a downhill putt from 21 feet and I leave this birdie attempt on the left edge. Par

#12: 5i hits the fairway and stays there this time. Sw to 28 feet, two putts. Par. Boring.

#13: Another sw downhill and down wind, but this one is 40 feet right of the hole. It's down in two for another routine par.

Last 5 holes: 7,6,5,4,3

#14: My chance at a two dies with another long 3w that slices into the woods. Pw clears the trees though and it's 70 yards to the hole. Sw is 24 feet short and two more putts gets me my first bogey of the day.

#15: 3w is in the fairway and I think I might just finally get better than a 6 on this hole. The pw from 117 yards is pushed over the green by the wind. The chip is 8 feet long, but it's uphill and I make another par.

#16: 3w is popped up a bit into the right rough. The 5w is hooked and under a tree by the green. I leave that chip short on the front fringe. I putt to four feet and sink that for the bogey.

#17: 201 yards downwind, I try the 5i since I think I'll just hit a low hook with the 4i. It's a good one dead straight and just short of the green. Chip just misses and rolls two feet past and that's made for par.

#18: I hit driver thinking there is no way I could hook it OB. WRONG! I hooked it so far left I think it went OB on the driving range. Driver right, 5i, 8i into right bunker shortsided again, and the bunker shot out leaves me with an 18 foot uphill putt for 89. Left right on the front lip, it's a Sam Snead Special 8.

43 on the back: 5 pars, 2 bogeys and double and a triple

I think the last time I only had two bogeys in an 18 hole round Argentina invaded The Falklands. Very odd round

fairways: 3/14: driver 0/7 (2 misses on 18), 3w 2/6, 5i 1/2
GIR: 6/18, from 0 to 6 in one week
GIR +1: 11/18, one worse than last week
putts: 32, decent, no 3 putts
2 in the water, 1 very costly OB

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

Rough day today. Shot 102. Arrgh. The weather here has been awful. Windy and cold. It was just 2 degrees today at tee off and tomorrow looks even worse... likely frost. As for today, I had two back to back 9's highlighted by 2 consecutive skulled shots into a water hazzard. Putting and chipping were weak today. On the bright side I was hitting my Driver and 3 Wood well. Also managed to miss a 3 ft putt for birdie.
Driver :Adams Speedline 9032LS 10.5*
Woods:Wilson Staff FYbrid 3W
Hybrids:Wilson Staff FYbrid (wood/hybrid gap)
Hybrids:Ben Hogan Edge CFT 3H & 4H
Irons:King Cobra S9 5I-PWSand Wedge:Cleveland CG12-58*Putter:Ping Redwood AnserBall:Nike Karma/Topflite GamerFavourite Gizmo:Club Caddy

Well, I just got my first lesson last night and wanted to go out and start getting my reps in with my swing changes. The weather was terrible so the driving range was closed. Well I decided to just practice the changes on the course since the range was closed. I hit some bad shots as expected but still shot a 79 and then played another 9 holes on which I shot a 39. I definitely need to hit the range for a few weeks and work on these swing changes before I do much more playing.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A disappointing 101. Didn't hit it worth a damn off the tee. Not smart enough to adjust to the easy fade/ slight push all day.
On the plus side, my boss paid for the rounds, so free golf, even a 101, is still fun.

Best Hole -- #3 (136 yd Par 3)
Tee shot - hit it thin and couldn't hold the green, down a slope comes to rest on the #4 Womens tee. Shot 2 - 30 yd to pin, pitch to about 10 ft. Drain the put for a nice up/down par.

Worst Hole --- #6 (395 yd Par 4)
Topped my tee shot. Ended up with 253 to green. Hit my 2nd in the weeds to right. Lost ball. Drop. Hit third to just past the front bunker into 5" rough. So one foot in bunker one in rough, ball severely above my feet, uphill lie.( I don't have this shot. ) Rip the ball out of the rough way left about 10 yds to the green, 60 ft to the pin, Hit a bump&run; 7 iron about 20 ft short. Putted to 3 feet, pushed the comebacker past the right edge, tapped in for a 10.

Gross: 80
Nett:68
Leader in clubhouse.

Relatively consistent round, in fairly windy conditions - gusting up to c.25 mph.

Driving - Goodish - FIR: 8
Iron Play - Average - GIR: 7
Chipping and Pitching - Very Good - U&D;:5/11
Putting - Average: 33

Yet another miserable round of golf for me today hitting 100. This is getting depressing. I went through 6 consecutive holes skulling pretty much every shot including my tee shots. Weather was once again beyond miserable. We teed off in 1 degree weather. brrrr

I did sink 2 or 3 extremely long putts though and my highlight of the day was hitting a 5 wood to within 2 ft of the pin and tapping in for birdie on 17 (par 5).
Driver :Adams Speedline 9032LS 10.5*
Woods:Wilson Staff FYbrid 3W
Hybrids:Wilson Staff FYbrid (wood/hybrid gap)
Hybrids:Ben Hogan Edge CFT 3H & 4H
Irons:King Cobra S9 5I-PWSand Wedge:Cleveland CG12-58*Putter:Ping Redwood AnserBall:Nike Karma/Topflite GamerFavourite Gizmo:Club Caddy

shot an 87 yesterday... i cant string 2 decent shots together to save my life...
brother was killing the course...
id outdrive him on one hole then duff the 2nd shot...
duck hook driver... then blast my 2nd shot...
long 1 putts... but a few too many 3 putts that were pretty much gimme distance...
chipping was the only thing that was consistant...
i think he got me by 10 strokes... and i left at least 5 out there
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

94 with 3 birdies. i don't want to talk about it. hit 2 fairways.
Bag: Three Five Yellow
Driver: 905R 9.5 Degree, Fujikawa Shaft Shift
3-Wood: Sumo2 15 degree
Hybrids 19 and 21 degree
Irons tour x-20 (5-PW)Wedges vokey 52.08,56.14, 60.04Putter circa 62 #1: Pro V1Where I usually play: Rush Creek

101 on a day with my father in law. Started off as a horrible slow round with a couple foursomes ahead of us taking forever. Ended up playing the front 9 twice to be able to get in 18 holes.

Still progressing 114->108->106->103->101. Here's hoping I break 100 for the first time next round out.

edit.

The big plus. This is the first time I've ever gone 18 without losing a single ball. I ended up +1 ball from finding one during the round.

In my bag:
Driver: HiBore XLS (9.5*, stiff, gold shaft)
Irons: FP II 4-GW
Wedges: mp R series 56/13 588DSG 60*
Putter: Unitized TiempoBag: ADIDAS Velocity

Shot a 78, 79, and another 78 over the weekend. Nothing to get excited about, but its better than ive played for most of the last month.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Broke my record for 9 holes, shot a 39, 6 pars 3 bogeys.
Nice thing is it could've been better.

Shot 83 for the round 44/39.

Blade Stand Bag
905R 11.5 R flex
Tight Lies 3 Wood
Ci7 Irons 4-GW R Flex
Vokey SM Wedges 54 / 58Classic Putter #1 34"ProV1 or U-Tri Tour or E5+

Total meltdown today. Disasterous 93. Started with the big draw with the woods which turned in to a flat out hook as the round progressed. Recovery after recovery in the 90 degree heat took it's toll. I am a beaten warrior right now. I need to just get it out of my mind so it doesn't carryover to my next round.

I'm down to a 10 handicap. At this rate, I'll get to scratch atΒ 90 years old!

Played back 9 at home course, +4 shot a 40. Lipped out a 2 foot putt to finish the last hole, for a three putt when I hit a 230 yard 3 iron to 12 feet :(

Hit two balls in the water, for two bogies and a failed up/down from the sand on the other. All in all it was a good round though.
What's In My Stand Bag...
Driver: R9 TP 9.5*
3W: R9 15*
Hybrid: Rescue Dual TP 2H 16*
Irons 3-P: MP-62Wedges: Vokey 52* & 58*Putter: 34" Newport StudioBall: Pro V1x