IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played again today...

87 on par 72.

Shot a 40 on the front and a "falling-apart, forgot how to hit a 60-yard wedge" 47 on the back.

Had a 2 three putts, but really putted OK for the most part.

Easy course too...oh well, they can't all be personal bests.
Driver: 10.5 Adams Speedline 9032LS with VooDoo XNV6 X-stiff
Fairway Woods: G15 4wood with Serrano 75 X-stiff
Irons: Ping i15 3-PW w/ AWT Shafts
Wedges: Spin Milled Oil Can Vokey 50deg/54deg/58deg
Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza SpiderBall: Taylormade PentaBest Score 2010 Season: 75Home...

Played hungover today 46/38 for an 84. Took me a while to get warmed up.

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

First round of match play, I shot a 43+38=81, took out my opponent 5 and 4.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

68 (Par 58 executive course). Really didn't strike the ball well but didn't have any awful shots (i.e. OB) either. Had it even on the back until 16,17,18 where I went bogey, bogey, double which made me mad

Tee'd off at 5:30am this morning...
Front 42
Back 41
Par 72

Would have shot a bit better but 2 holes got the best of me on the back 9, plus screw waking up that early...

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

Well, I took a week off and went on a honeymoon/vacation for a week without swinging a club. I didn't even work on my swing changes in the room. I came back and played a course yesterday that I haven't played in a year or so. Hit my first couple of shots great and really thought the week was a good break. But I quickly found out that I had lost a lot of feel. I started thinking about my swing changes too much and working on them and played terrible golf!!! I shot an 84 and didn't make solid contact all day!! The bad part is that I have a tournament there in a month. I was there to scout the course because I haven't played it in so long and it turned out terrible. I guess the good news is that I played absolutely terrible and still shot an 84. So as long as I get my average game back, I should be down in the 70s fairly easy. The course is not too hard, but the greens are very hard to figure out. It is a ball strikers' course and plays against the long ballers....good for me. That really evens out the playing ground for me as I am not a long ball hitter.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
74 at Whispering Woods . Hit the ball pretty well, but paid for every mistake I made today. Really only made one birdie putt.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Lost about a dozen balls, and killed myself with 16ish penalty strokes. A slight push on an iron or drive wound up costing me three or four shots each when all was said and down (it is a tight course and I missed in all the spots where you shouldn't miss). My chipping and putting was a marked improvement over my last round though.

It would have been worse, but I drove the green on a short par four and two putted for a birdie .

Shot a 72 (E) on a course I've never played before.

Started the round off with a wonderful triple bogey, then got one right back by stuffing a 9 iron to within a foot on the next hole (a par three). Ended up making the turn at one over and played the back nine in one under. Will definitely be playing this private course again...possibly thinking of getting a membership. The only down fall is that it's an hour and a half away from home

underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

Went to the local par 3 today. Had 20 - two pars, two bogies, one double bogey - on the first 5 then 26, including a penalty stroke and drop, on the last 4. Bah.

C9 VFT Ti
C9 5w
P2 Hybrid 3
P2 Deep Cavity 4-PW
SGS 52, 56 Putter

Second day in a row that my game was off. My iron ball striking was actually better than yesterday. But my driver was terrible. I am still having issues with coming up on my toes for some reason instead of getting my hips completely clear. I have another meeting with my teacher Friday so maybe I can get that cleared up. All in all my contact is much better but I just have to get my hands better at impact since my swing is different now. I was leaving all of my putts short too...that never happens. They all had VERY good lines...I mean you could tell that they were going to drop but they ran out of steam. I would say that I had 5 birdie putts that did this and some par save putts as well. That was probably the most frustrating thing. Anyway, I had a very disappointing 82. One other thing is they have moved many of our blue tees back to the tips for some reason. I like it, but I posted the score as blue tees even though many were at the tips. I didn't know how I should post them so I went with the easier set. The good news is that I can tell once these swing changes are more comfortable to me that my ball striking will be better than ever!! I am excited. It is a work in progress!!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

75 today at Soldier Hollow Silver, where the Junior Amateur Qualifying has been held and where State (Utah) has been held two years in a row. Currently standing in T-2nd Place in a qualifying tournament for the PGA Junior Championship. Wish me luck!
In the Bag
Driver: FT-3 Fusion Driver
Fairway Woods: FT-3 Fusion 5 Wood
Hybrids: FT Fusion Hybrid
Irons: ZB Forged 4-PWWedges: X-Tour (52,56,60)Putter: Rossa Daytona 1

Shot 77. Best round ever. No doubles or 3 putts. Missed a birdie on 18 that would have given me par on the back.

In the bag:

Driver:      titleist.gif 905S 9.5*
3 Wood:   callaway.gif FTi
Hybrid:     nike.gif 2Irons:       titleist.gif 710 CB 3-PWWedges:  titleist.gif Vokey 52* - 56*Putter:      ping.gif Gi5

holy crap... 3 days in a row i havent broken a hundred...
funny thing is driving and putting are insane... lots of fw's... lots of long balls(for me)... lots of 1 putts... getting on the green and scrambling used to be my strong suits...
now its the opposite... i cant put together a complete game anymore... what were pushes are now pulls/duckhooks...
prior to my rounds of 100/109/106 i almost broke 80 with a round of 83 just last week with crappy driving and lots of 2 and 3 putts...
ugggghhh... frustrating
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

played a lot of golf over the past few days. over the weekend i played four rounds on a par 72 course and shot 86, 84, 84 and 78.

yesterday played a par 70 and shot 83.