IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

83.....really weird. If you didn't look at the scorecard, you woulda thought I scored better. It didn't feel like an 83 but I did hit OB twice..once on a tee shot and once on a long approach after a poor drive. Bogeyed the last three holes coming home. Oh well, it was a day on the course and I hit some great shots.

• Administrator
74 at Venango Valley. Won $60 (paid $45), so I can't complain. Actually, won a bit more than that, but since you split skins with your partner, my take was $60.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

best round of the year-- played my all-time favorite course, Pine Meadows ( www.pinemeadowsgc.com);

79 from the Golds (7000 yards). should have been 76 or 77. wasted 3 shots because of horribly wet sand.
Bag: Three Five Yellow
Driver: 905R 9.5 Degree, Fujikawa Shaft Shift
3-Wood: Sumo2 15 degree
Hybrids 19 and 21 degree
Irons tour x-20 (5-PW)Wedges vokey 52.08,56.14, 60.04Putter circa 62 #1: Pro V1Where I usually play: Rush Creek

91 yesterday...
not good... but not bad considering my last 3 rounds i didnt break 100...
played by myself w/o any distractions...
everything was pretty decent until i hit the par3's... just kept shanking everything only on par3's... played really well on all the other holes... so 4 blowup holes(par3's) left me above 90... if not i think i woulda shot in the low 80's
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Played 45 holes last Sunday.

First round: 74 [+2] (3 bogies, 1 birdie, 15 pars)
Second round: 73 [+1] (1 bogey, 17 pars)
Third nine: 34 [-1] (1 bogey, 2 birdies, 6 pars)

This is by far the most consistent I've played in awhile. Felt kind of nice to have confidence over the ball on the green again.

underparnv

That's how I like my golf. A kick in the face. -Ben

Driver: 983E 8.5* w/ stock stiff flex shaftIrons: MP60 - 2 through 9 irons (swap out the 2 iron for my three wood at some courses)Wedges: 588 Chrome - 47* Pitching Wedge, 53* Gap Wedge, 56* Sand Wedge MP-T Black Ni - 60* Lob WedgePutter:.....

played 9 in my league. Shot a 45. Off the tee was great. 6-7 fairways and no more than a 8 iron to any green. Got out of position on my second shots on both par fives. Iron game is bad. Hitting it pure but pulled every iron shot. I think I am just a little quick and coming over the top and starting it at the hole then hooking them missing all greens to the right. Only 1 GIR and 17 putts.

Brian

First time golfing in three years today, played Whitney Oaks (Course outside of Sacramento) and shot a 90. Some hideous shots, but a few pars and birdies. By the end of the round I felt I was striking the ball better and overall was happy.

85 on "Dove Valley Ranch" par 72. Had a 7 on a par 4 and a 9 on a par 5.....whoops. 2 birdies though.
Dad shot a 73 and was on fire. It was awesome to watch him play well and I didn't even realize he played so well till I asked him off the 18th green "what'd you shoot?" "one over" "you mean bogey, 5?" "no, 73" "...........wow"
My 13 year old brother who is die hard baseball, football and basketball fan played a full size course for the 2nd time....EVER and shot a 121 but impressed me.

OG Hoofer bag
Titleist 905R 9.5°, Grapite Design YS-6+ (S)
Callaway Warbird 4 wood, Grafalloy ProLaunch 65S
Ping ISI-s: JZ Cushin Regular flex, white dot
Titleist Vokey Design 54° "AW", Cleveland 588 60° "LW", Ping IWI Craz-E

Home Course: Falcon Dunes, Luke AFB, AZ

45 + 50 = 95, not so great, but sank three incredible putts of 75, 40 and 30 feet. Just missed three more long ones too. That putter was working (and saving me!) today.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

only had time for 9 today
fired a 37...game was on today..only hit 2 fairways, but everything else was good
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

52 including about 6 penalty strokes, in the same rain as Bethpage.
Driver needs a lot of work.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

81 (+9) yesterday. 43/38. I couldn't get off the tee on the front nine hitting only 1 fairway (with a 2h...not even a driver). On the back, I hit 4, but hit 7 greens...11 total. Too bad I had 37 putts. I also had 2 birdies on the back, both coming on the par 5's. On the first one, I actually had an eagle putt attempt, but left it 2 feet short. On the other one, I got up and down from about 20 yards for a bird. The putting has to change, but I really liked the way I hit my irons.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

Shot 89, 47 on front, 42 on back
32 putts, 4/14 fairways, 3 GIR
In My Bag:
Driver: R7 Limited Matrix Ozik X-con Stiff
3 Wood: 909F3 Aldila Voodoo Stiff
Irons: AP1 3-PW DG S200
Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 54° NickelWedge: Forged 60°Putter: Rossa Balls: Pro V1XAvatar: Nicklaus North Golf Course, Whistler BC

Shot my low round for the year (+1) 73. Funny thing is I hooked my first tee ball into a water hazard and made double bogey on the first hole. I came right back with a birdie on #2 and made birdie on #8 to get back to even par.

I give my 11 year old son 7 strokes a side and we had our best match of the year. I went to the 18th hole +2 over par and one down to him. We both make birdie and he shot 86 (net 72), also his best round of the year, beating me by one!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)