IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

42 + 48 = 90 from the blues at Callippe. My match play finals will be there from the whites. I'll go again from the whites next week and see how I do.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Shot an 83 from the Tips at a local course today. Pretty good round overall. My last five rounds have all been mid-to-low 80's, which is good for me. I think I'm finally finding my game as I continue to play relatively consistant golf.

Grom Stand Bag
2009 Burner Driver 10.5*
2009 Burner Fairway Wood 15*
A7 3H, 4H 5-PW
Affinity 56* SW CG15 60* White Hot XG 330 Mallet Putter Z Star Yellow Balls

I shot a 96 today. Driving could have been much better, but I hit my irons pretty well and gave myself a good number of chances for birdie. I missed all of them, naturally, which includes 2 holes in a row where I was within 6 feet. Overall, I would say it was mostly my wedges and my driver that cost me what could have been a pretty good round (for me)

• Administrator

73 at a par 73. The greens were sticky like... flypaper, maybe? I had hip-high finishes on 30-foot putts. Bizarre... six inches more length on putts and the four I left on the lip and I'd have shot 69.

Oh well.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

New personal best 75 for me on Wednesday, including -1 on the front which was also my best 9 to date. Fell apart on the back with one bogey and two doubles against a lone birdie. A bit frustrating because I still feel like it should have been better, but I'll still take it.

Got 6 holes in today. Got caught in a violent thunderstorm. We took refuge in an on course shelter which was close to where we were. Rode it out for 45 minutes. It was pretty scary. I was 1 over when it happened. The greens were underwater when it was over so we came on in. It was not a good experience. Remember to be careful out there when there's a threat of a storm. This one came so fast we had little chance of getting off the course. Thank God for that shelter.

played a pretty bad round on a ridiculously hot day yesterday...
shot a 93...
had the pulls something fierce... funny thing is... i was on the driving range all wednesday and was hitting everything straight... couldnt hit a draw or a fade no matter how i changed my setup... but yesterday it was pull city... dead yanks...
putting was a chore... the greens had been recently aerated...
sweaty hands didnt help either... im gonna head out again today and work on stuff
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Went back to the same course I played earlier this week and played two balls again:

Ball One: 51
Ball Two: 43

Had two bad holes with ball one and a couple lucky breaks for ball two. It rained some here today so the greens were slower than when I went earlier in the week. Sadly it took me about 4 holes to adjust to them or else the scores would have been better.

In my Adidas Velocity stand bag:
Redline RPM 430Q 8.5
Insight BUL 3 Wood
idea a2 3 iWood Hybrid
CCi 4-AW Cast Irons Black Max Anser Putter D2 Feel

84 (42/42)
Started off great with a birdie and 3 pars but then got a couple of double bogeys. I was driving the ball much better then i have been the last few weeks

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

Shot an ugly 86 at a course I'd never played before (71.2/123, 6481 from the whites). Beautiful weather so it was hard to care too much that I started out triple-, double-bogey. Played alright after that. Irons just weren't working most of the day. Only missed one fairway on the back. Just couldn't stick my second shots...

Mid-70s and sunny with low humidity in August? Wow! Absolutely perfect!

Even.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

82 (46/36 par 70).

7 over after 3 and had a triple on 9. The rest of the day was pretty good, a couple of birdies on 10 & 11 and then 4 straight bogies, then pars the rest of the way.

Felt pretty good about the day, despite the big numbers I had some nice up and downs. Even made a couple of bogies on penalty stroke holes.

Haven't really put it all together this year, working on it.

Travis