IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Took up golf in February of this year, never played before.  After several months of hitting well over 100, I finally managed to learn how to calm my mind so I can focus on improving my game.  Have only played three times in the past month but they have been in the low 90s..  Hit 93 on a part 72 today...car showed 103º on the drive home and it must have been 65% humidity.  I'll gladly take a 93 after playing only 5 1/2 months!

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

I wasn't going to play today..........arrived late from a family vacation and didn't get to bet until 3am today.  I woke up at 9am and had to play........

Felt good all day....a relatively easy +2 74...........a nice way to end a vacation week!!!!  No complaints...

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Played yesterday morning at 6am after being out with the girl and some friends till 2am. I made bogey on the first 3 holes and birdied the last 3 with all pars in between. I will have to wonder what I could have shot with more than 3 hours of sleep.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

81 at a very nice private course that my boss got me on for free. Pretty tough course

Great front with a 38, then another average back nine 43 ( can't string nines together right now )

And another round with no birdies. Two 3 putts which without them would of got me breaking 80, but it is what it is

Dropped my handicap down to 9.6, feeling GREAT about my game.

http://fairwayfiles.com/score_details.php?pscore_id=1688556

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Shot 77.  Driver and 3wood off the tee were great, irons were a bit loose putter was great.

If my iron ball striking was 100% on, I could've easily shot E or +1 ....

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Hadn't played or hit balls in 5 days (longest stretch off this year) and played 18 on Sunday.  Shot 84 (45-39) on a par 71.  Hit well but couldn't putt: 4 three putts on the front side.

In my  bag: 

Diablo Octane Tour 9.5, 18  -  6DT 19 (3I Hybrid) - 

Diablo Forged Irons 5-PW -  Tom Watson wedges 52,56,60 - 64 (generic) 

D.A.R.T. Belly Putter

B330-RX Balls

46(+11). Played absolutely terrible. Doubled the first three holes, then got a par, had three bogies, a double, then par'd the last hole.

My putting has been killing me lately. Nothing seems to find the bottom of the cup. It's not like I'm three putting, I very rarely three-putt. I just can't knock down putts that I make when I'm scoring well.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

thursday night: -3 through 9 in captains night scramble with another 4 capper (second place on the night)

sunday morning: 73 on a par 72 from black tees in the county foursomes

sunday afternoon: 86!!! on the same course in county singles! it rained like you wouldnt believe and i actually had the second lowest gross score in my group for 3 out of a possible 4 points! (all county games are played from scratch)

910D2 9.5 Stiff

906F3 PT 3 wood Stiff

Pro100 Blades 3-PW X100

Vintage 52 and 60 wedge

C67

Finally broke 90 for the first time in about 5 rounds, with an 89.  Used a little better 'course management'.

Driver:  :callaway: Diablo Octane
Fairway Wood:   :adams: Speedline 3W
Hybrid:   adams.gif A7OS 3 Hybrid 
Irons:   :callaway:  2004 Big Bertha 4-LW

New personal best: 79!!!!!

After today, I'm moving from the whites to the blues.  I always said, "Why play the blues if you can't even break 80."  Well.....  :)

I play a VERY forgiving par-70 muni, and today I definitely scored better than I played (but I'll take it!).  The stats:

39+40

1 birdie

9 pars

7 bogeys

1 triple

3 fairways (many missed by less than 2 feet)

6 GIR

30 putts

I'm VERY happy right now...

Congrats on breaking 80! ^^

I shot a 42 on 9 holes (par 34) today, pretty solid round for me.  Had a Birdie, par, 5 bogeys, and two doubles.

I wanted to keep going but the heat was getting to me and I felt dehydrated.  Decided to play it safe and call it a day.

• Upvote 1

84 (44/40) @ my home course yesterday. Walked in 99F heat but felt good, trying to build up some stamina for a 72-hole trip to Bandon soon. Finally back into the 80s after 5 straight rounds in low 90s (really lost my feel for awhile there). Only hit driver 3 times, stuck with the 3 wood off the tee, which put me in more fairways. Hitting the 3w solid, will probably stick with that strategy from now on.

Still trying to break 80, which is my #1 goal for 2011.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

47(+12). Playing some of the worst golf I've played in the last two years right now. Working on some swing changes so I guess it will be worth it once I get used to the new stance and swing. Really looking forward to my next round though because my swing was really coming together from hole #5 until the end of the round. Started out triple, double, triple, triple so I was 11 over thru 4. Then I got to #5 and from their on out I have never felt better about my swing. Bogied #5, then went birdie, double, birdie, par. The double on #7 was just stupid. It's a little 140 yard par 3 and the pin was tucked right behind a front-right bunker. Made the stupid decision to go at the pin and I came up a little short and went in the sand. It wasn't raked and was hard as a rock so it took me two to get out and I two putt for a 5.

+11 thru 4...

+1 thru 5...

Feeling really good about my swing going into my next round! I think my swing changes are finally starting to come through!

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Drove the green on 325 yd par-4 down hill and left 15 footer for eagle.  Greens were slick (~12 to 13 on the stimpmeter).  Then three putted for par.  ARRRGGGGHHHH!!!  On another par-4 (385 yds) downhill hole, hit a 4 iron and was left with 125 yds to the green.  Chunked the sandwedge on the approach shot and failed to get up and down.  That's the way it went all day, it seems like.

Ended up with 82 on par 72 course.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ecstatic...shot a 73 (+1) with a HOLE IN ONE! my first ever! i shot 7 pars and 2 bogeys on the front, 2 bogeys, 5 pars, 1 birdie and a hole in one on the back to shoot 73...

• Upvote 1

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Shot 85 from the tips at my home course...best I've ever shot from the back tee's. Definately left some strokes up there though, which makes me feel ever better knowing that if I could get rid of just a couple more simple mistakes I'll be low 80's and my goal is to hit 80 or lower this year.

My Home Course: http://chilliwackgolf.com/

In my Taylormade Bag:

The Big Stick: Calloway FT-I / Mini Big Stick: Calloway FT

2HY - Nickent 4DX IW

Irons 4-PW: Taylormade Burner 09

52' - Cleveland CG 15

56' Cleveland CG 12

60- Wilson Unknown.

Money Maker - Odessy White Hot Tour #5