IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

shot a 39 with no birdies missing 3 short par putts. I am talking about 4-5 feet. I would either leave them about .5 inches short or above the hole and hit it through the break. The greens were in awful shape. All the recent rain made them extremely soft and a lot of foot traffic made the balls bobble all over the green :(

its upsetting that I had an opportunity to shoot even par and blew it on 4 footers. You live and you learn i suppose

I got the chance to play a course new to me yesterday called TimberRidge Golf Club it used to be private I guess but it's public now. Long course compared to what I normally play but I seem to shoot right around my normal for 9 holes. The rating for 18 from the tees I played was 70/119 but I only played 9 and shot 42.  Fun day all in all.

+4, 39

Ball striking was so-so, had some good shots, never really had a terrible shot. Misses were in places i could get an easy up and down. Though i couldn't putt worth shit tonight, 18 total putts. BLAH!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just got denied an afternoon round, Men's Night Out, by threat of lightening - no rain.

See Ben's playing Callaway XHot Pro hybrid with steel shaft.  Why the steel shaft?  How do you like the club? Playable from the rough and fairway both.

Thanks,

92, rough day with the driver and chips were horrendous. Played par through first 5 holes, birdie, birdie then it all went downhill......

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I struggled and couldn't find my tempo till the 14th hole and salvaged an 86. Figures right?! Since I figured out what I was not doing correctly I played another 18 and shot a 76. I love golf! Seriously I love this game.

45 on par 35 last night in league. 1 double rest bogeys, missed 5 par puts by less than 3 feet. One drop due to losing a ball in some long grass. I am pretty sure I kept getting stuck because I was blocking a lot of shots to the right. Either way, my most consistent night of golf yet. Still struggling with under 100 yd shots. Actually shot myself in the foot pretty bad on the par 5. Was 153 to center of green for my 3rd shot after punching out from the rough and flew my 9i 157 which bounced once and went off the back of the green.... I was so confused that while practicing my swing for the chip I bumped my ball.... I just had to laugh and take my bogey 1 putt.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Been getting worse with every round this year. Lightening shortened the round to 9 at Sugarbush. Thank god, as I carded a 48. Figures I bird 9 and the horn blares.

Played 36 holes Saturday.  Shot 44,38, 82 on the first 18 which I played by myself because I got a half day off work.  First 9 holes I just couldn't get my tee shots to go where I wanted them to go.  Two or three times they ended up right behind trees which I'm stupid enough to try to just draw around which never works out the way I expect it to. I also hit the green on the two par threes and three butted BOTH of them. Nothing makes me angrier in golf than three putting par threes. Back nine was very good I figured out that if I put the ball in the middle of my stance rather than up near my front leg I don't pull it. Ended up hitting 7 fairways and 6 gir which got me a birdie and a bunch of pars.

Second round I was pretty exhausted and after shooting 40 on the front nine rode the bogey train to an 85.  When I get tired my short game just falls apart and what should be a chip one putt or two putt ends up being a chip->three putt almost every time.  I legitimately have no idea how to read greens.

6650 yds. 71.1/121. 78 with 3 birdies and a double. Felt a lot better than 78. Got around in 3:40, waiting every shot on the back.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awesome round today. Can't remember the last time I enjoyed a round so much. Shot a 42/45 - 87. I hit every single fairway except one. The confidence was much needed.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Belmont Country Club
White Tees 69.8 / 125

July 20, 2013

EAGLE BIRDIE PAR BOGEY 2BOGEY+

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 OUT 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 IN TOTAL
WHITE 362 109 442 399 498 367 330 198 458 3163 400 166 517 161 367 309 351 304 512 3087 6250
HANDICAP 9 17 1 3 11 5 15 7 13 2 12 6 16 10 14 4 18 8
PAR 4 3 4 4 5 4 4 3 5 36 4 3 5 3 4 4 4 4 5 36 72
SCORE 4 3 6 5 4 5 5 3 6 41 4 5 6 4 5 5 7 4 7 47 88
ROUND SCORE E E +2 +3 +2 +3 +4 +4 +5 +5 +5 +7 +8 +9 +10 +11 +14 +14 +16 +16 +16
NET SCORE 4 3 6 5 4 5 5 3 6 41 4 5 6 4 5 5 7 4 7 47 88
TEE CLUB 1W Aw 1W 1W 1W 1W 3Hy 3Hy 1W 1W 6i 1W 8i 1W 3Hy 1W 3Hy 1W
FAIRWAYS x ⇒ ⇒ x ⇒ x ⇐ 43% x x x ⇒ ⇐ ⇒ ⇒ 43% 43%
GIR x x x x 44% x 11% 28%
PUTTS 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 3 18 1 3 2 3 2 2 1 1 2 17 1.9/35
SAND SHOTS 1 1 1 1 2
PENALTIES 1 1 1

3 - 3 putts in a 5 hole span, not good.  They were terrible 3 putts, the first one was hole 9.  I was lying 2 on a par 5 about 40 yards out, screwed the chip, hit half way from a 50 foot putt, and then barely missed the 20 footer.  The next 3 putt on hole 11 was because I was 20 feet away and hit it 10 feet past and missed the one coming back.  The last one was on hole 13, and I had about 1 foot straight in for par and pulled it 1-2 inches left.  Then to top it off I hit 1 bad tee shot all day on hole 16. Topped the ball, hit a tree just in front of the tee box and kicked left OB.  Still had a great score, started hitting the ball better, but could have been better.

Shot a 47 last night in league.  Two penalty strokes (one driver OB trying to cut the corner on a dogleg and one water hazard on a par 3).  Several stubbed pitch shots and a three putt rounded out the evening.  Oh well, there's always next week.

"Golf is a game in which you yell 'fore', shoot six and write down five." - Paul Harvey

Best round of my life. A legitimate 87...first time in the 80s, and that was with a QUINTUPLE bogey. 2 drives OB, hitting 5 from the tee...lucky to get a 10. I left a lot of shots out there too, feel like I could have been in the 70s. 3 up and downs for par, and hit 2 birdie putts. Very happy...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

finally broke 90 today!!  shot an 88, was a nice quiet day walking by myself (i think that helps...??).

though i was annoyed by slow play in front of me -- couple drunk girls on the front 9, and an old dude on the back 9 who was playing about four balls each hole.  i kept catching up to him and he'd never let me play through.  threw me off a bit, but thankfully not enough to break my groove too badly.

(gotta say, bought a used Tour Edge Exotics XCG-V 3w and LOVING IT...!! getting ~230yds carry and a couple holes i was crushing it with an extra 30yds or so of roll -- this is a huge asset as i hate 460cc drivers, so it's nice to consistently have a short iron or wedge for a second shot.  also played a new-used 53* wedge today, along with a lob wedge for the first time, an old 60* from my dad's former set that he handed down to me.  i always avoided high lofted wedges because everyone said they'd help more than hurt -- i certainly beg to differ.  i was actually getting one-hop-and-stop shots on greens, which i'd never get with my previous wedges.  very excited to get back out next week!!)

-- In the Bag --

Cobra S3 White Driver (10.5*)

Cobra AMP Cell-S 3-Hybrid (18*)

Cobra AMP Cell-S Irons (4i-GW)

SCOR 4161 Forged Wedge (55*)

Cleveland VP1 Putter

Played Seven Springs in Trinity, FL, today for the 3rd time.  6374 yards, par 72, rating 71.8, slope 127.  I shot a +3, 75.  My chipping and pitching was almost back to normal after having had several rounds in a row where it had gone on vacation.  The greens were punched and top dressed, so putting was a guessing game.  The course was drenched.

The most difficult distance in golf is the six inches between your ears.