IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Brookside Course 1 Blues (72.9/129) back 9: 43

Pretty sore. My chest and back feel "rubbery" from too much golf and the "wind resistance club" training.

Hole 10: Drove into the right tree taking a large branch out of it, and ending up on the hump 20 yards short of the right bunker. 6i chunked into the ditch, 1 penalty. 60 degree to the pin from the drop point. putt. Double.

Hole 11: Sliced into the 15th fairway about pin high to the green on 8. My longest slice ever ~260 yards or more if you follow the path it took! Chunked my 3W to about 150 away from center still in the wrong fairway. 7i over some small trees to the far pin. The greens man moved the pin to the front about 25 yards or more while I was walking towards the hole and put it up front! Grrrr. 3 putts. Bogey.

Hole 12: Drove short of the hump, 3H to the fairway on 13. 60 hit off the tree on the street back onto the green about 10 feet from the pin. 2 putts Bogey.

Hole 13: Shanked my 6i. 60 to the pin. putt Par.

Hole 14: Sliced deep into the fairway on 2. 8i to a near green on the 11th (I completely misjudged the distance to the pin and overshot by 25 yards).  Chipped back onto my green 3 putts. Double.

Hole 15: Sliced deep into the fairway on the 11th. 3H hit the tree on the way back to my fairway knocking it off line towards the street. 8i from the last grove of trees before the green. 60 to the pin, putt. Par.

Finally figured out that I was following an outside in path. So, I exaggerated my inside out movement.

Hole 16: Nailed one into the wind just short of the left bunker. 8i to the green but far away from the pin. 3 putts. Bogey.

Hole 17: 7i 163 carry dropped on the fringe and stuck. Just missed my birdie chip in. putt. Par.

Hole 18: Nailed a drive into a light breeze past the 200 marker. Still kind of far. 4i just short of the green. PW to a tap in par putt. Not my longest drive on this hole, but it was definitely one of the easiest pars I ever made on it.

All in all, I'm exhausted after 4 days of golf and having done strength training in the evenings. I think I deserve a rest for the weekend. This was going to be a practice round, but I wanted to avoid more complaints from the peanut gallery. :-P

Yesterday's score for the record was 44 on something like a 68.9/122 rated course with 23 putts. I think the longer course has easier putting, but it could just be completely mental.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played 9 holes today and shot a 40 with one birdie. The course was wet wet wet. But beat not being able to play at all.

Just rejoined my club so looking forward to lots of golf this year. Last year I only played 40 rounds or so. Bought a condo on the AL coast so just got into other stuff. But ready to get back at it. Still have the condo, but committed to playing more golf. At my age(60), I better get at it before the old body gives out on me. ;)

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Played the front twice at Terra Lago from the back tees and shot a frustrating 83. 40-43. I should have just stayed at the range. I experimented with a swing change that involved my shoulders. Worked fine on the range, but fell apart once course tested. The change was meant to get a specific trajectory, a higher one with some spin, for my woods, but it crept into my full swing for all my clubs and ended up causing me to have a tendency to pull draw my balls. Will be at the range tomorrow working that back out.

Haven't played around in over a week.  Was a beautiful day so I snuck off from the office and played 9 holes.  Shot 52, which is about average for me.  Hit the ball better, with most of my shots getting in the air, (not any worm burners today yeah!)   But distance seemed short (I am normally very short distance anyway)  The ground was very wet as we have had rain almost everyday so wasn't getting the roll I normally would.

You can check out my GameGolf for the round at:

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/randyrives/round/208468

Looking forward to playing 18 in the morning!

Rough day. I didn't score, played with a couple this morning, without warm up or anything. Shot multiple balls from each location. Lost my swing a bit. Kind of discouraged. Going to take tomorrow off from golf to get my get head right. Wish this game came easier to me sometimes. :hmm:

89 yesterday playing from the blues. Was planning on playing today but 100% chance of rain through the day kinda killed that dream.

(par 71/course rating 69.8/slope 120)

I just blew away my lifetime best of 79 by 5 strokes. While my putting was lights out (28 putts), it really came down to course management and a better understanding of my own abilities.

Randal

We finally had a nice weekend and I played Saturday and Sunday at Drumm Farm Golf Club 72.5CR 137slope 6564yds par72.  Golf is a very humbling game, and rust is caked on about 7 layers deep!! The course played long with wet fairways.

I hit a decent percentage of fairways, but nearly every drive was a partial mis-hit and very short leaving very long approaches into greens.  I lost the bottom of my arc and hit a bunch of irons fat causing lots of penalties!! ...but  I did make some putts!!   ...and had some nice saves.

Sat: 43-44=87

8/14 fairways

5 greens

29 putts

1 birdie

0/2 SS

4 penalties

Sun:43-42=85

10/14 fairways

Greens 4

SS- 1/1

1 birdie

4 penalties!!

I played with old friends and members that I haven't played with since quitting the club 2 years ago (I re-joined this year), and we had a blast!!!!   It was a little embarrassing to hack my way around the course the way I did, but we all had some issues with rust.  They at least still look like scratch/plus golfers, but I looked like a hacker. LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Squeaked under 80 today, with a 79 on a 71 rating, 6401 yd tees. This was a below average day for me. I have been putting in significant time into my short game and it has shown little improvement. It did not serve me well today. Drives were pretty good all day for me, for the most part, and putting was above average. Looking for that short game expertise that I use to have. Has anyone seen it?

Drumm Farm GC:  72.5CR 137Slope Par72  6564yds

41-39=80

I'm trending in the right direction!!

9/14 Fairways

6 Greens

29 putts

no birdies

0/3 SS

My driving was better today, but my iron play is horrendous. I didn't make any birdies, but I was scaring the hole all day long and made all the 4-6 footers to save some pars. The bunkers are a mess right now and I wonder if I should even track sand-play until they're fixed.  sheesh..

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

6800 yard 71.1 course from the blues and I shot a 93. Starting to average out in the low 90's but felt like I could of played a lot better. Driver and irons were really good but the rain from the past 2 days made the green super hard to putt on and chipping was awful. Hoping to shoot in the 80's this weekend though.

Par 71 6175yd course. Shot 94 (+23), got off the tee OK, struggled to get up and down once out of 8 attempts from near GIR. 3 GIR, 8 nGIR. , one 3 putt and 2 OB were the difference between breaking 90 and not.

3 pars, 8 bogeys, 6 doubles, 1 triple.

D: Ping G25 Stock S Shaft
3W: Titleist 915F 16.5* Diamana S70 Blue Stiff
3H, 4H: Callaway XR Project X LZ 6.0
5i-PW: Mizuno MP54 Project X 5.5 Shafts
52*, 58*: Mizuno JPX Wedge TT Dynalite Gold AP
Putter: Mizuno MP A306

Mid-AM at my course, and I met @Bechambo playing the first hole, while I was finishing the 6th of course 2. Looked like he got a 6 foot birdie to me.

Brookside Course 2: Holes 1 to 8. Played pretty horribly. I hit at least one tree on every par 4 hole, and drove the wrong green from the 7th. The ball went through a tree taking a few large branches with it and gently rolled onto the green on the 1st hole. Played exactly bogey. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Shot 79 at the Mid-am today. @Lihu Sorry to let you down. You saw me at my best. Fell apart towards the end. Front, 4 bogeys, 2 birdies. Back, 3 bogeys, 1 double bog... Several three putts, and I think I didn't have one save. 0% scrambling today. I know what I need to work on, and I think I know what led to the poor performance. So, back to the practice field. A battle this is. You can check out the scorecard for the event here. http://www.ghintpp.com/scga/TPPOnlineScoring/ResultsStroke.aspx?id=1262

Played a round at Boca Raton GC during a company conference ... managed an 84 with an eagle (70' pitch in); 3 doubles on par 3's for the fail).    First time played in quite a while, so I think it's gonna be a good year ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Extremely upset with the 80 I shot on a par 70 yesterday.. 6500-6600(don't have the card on me) in Very wet conditions; still licking my wounds. 72.2/127 rating. Zero Birdies, Zero Doubles, 8 GIR, 2 Penalties, 34 putts, Three 3 putts.. The things I am working on didn't translate to the course today as I went from hitting it flush to hitting it thin. When I first started working on these changes, I was hitting everything thin. Yesterday I did that as well. I think I need another round in to get used to hitting off grass and digging in as I have only been able to hit off mats.. My Drives were back to being a little lower and I was only carrying the ball around 240, with no roll. Better off hitting my 3 wood probably. So I thought it played a little longer but at the same time I think I hit two or three shots that I thought were flush. Everything else I left out to the right or closed down the face or hit thin.

My first 9 holes of the year. Shot a 50. 2/6 FIR 20 putts. Not great by any means but not too shabby for my first outing of the year. I usually average in the low 100's

So, I shot another bogey (+20 on 72.9/130) day again. This time with the Mid-AM tournament conditions and tee sets on course 1.

I hit one drive on the 12th right into this:

And took it as a lateral hazard, but took this picture to verify?? I took the penalty 3 times as I found myself in these regions more times on other holes, but in retrospect I not gather they are marked off as GUR??? The +20 still stands, though, because the holes are already played and the score is already posted. :doh:

My drives were longer today because the temperatures were finally in the high 60s (F scale), but my irons were terrible because I was trying to hit them too hard for some reason. Anything over an 8i (160 yards or up) was a struggle. . .I made 4 GIR, a bunch of near greens and a bunch of totally crappy holes.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56