IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

66 (-3) from the tips at Copper Creek today. 13 pars, 4 birdies (2 from 2 putts when I hit the green in under regulation with my 5 wood) and 1 bogey (a 3 putt 6 on #11, my 2nd hole as we tee off the back on Fridays). 13 official GIR and 3 more where I was putting from the fringe. Only missed 3 fairways, with 2 of those being by a couple feet. Used the putter 33 times (30 officially from the green) and felt I rolled the ball pretty well most of the day, even if a 14 footer and 7 footer were the only putts I made outside 4 feet. Pins were in relatively easy positions and the greens were receptive, but there was some wind most of the day which swirled around on the 2nd nine. While this ties my low at Copper, it was 5 shots better than my previous low from the gold tees (a 71 in the final round of the Club Championship in 2013). I think this is the first time in at least 25 years that I shot under the course rating (66.8) so I'm stoked about how I played. Been a very good week+ for me...last Thursday, I played Torrey Pines South with 3 pros and had 2nd low in the group (they played the tips at 7600 while I played the whites at 6600), Sunday, my dad & I won the parent-child tournament at his course and on Wednesday I shot 70 (+1) during Men's League with four three puts.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

I've been playing about 5 years no still without lessons (probably could use some lol) however my last round of 18 was a 110 at St Germain in St. Germain,WI I also shot a quick 9 at a local course and shot a 48. I'm really hoping to break that 100 barrier this summer

I've been playing about 5 years no still without lessons (probably could use some lol) however my last round of 18 was a 110 at St Germain in St. Germain,WI I also shot a quick 9 at a local course and shot a 48. I'm really hoping to break that 100 barrier this summer

Keep at it...improvement for a relatively new golfer shooting those scores can come quickly. I'd recommend you get a few lessons and/or post a video online here. I signed up for online lessons with the guys here (Evolvr- 4 video lessons a month for $39) for a bit a few seasons ago and am still working on some of the stuff they mentioned (along with a general focus of some of the other 5 keys). There might be better instructors around, but what I like about them is the structure they use based off the 5 keys. IMO, too many teacher's attention gets drawn to a quirk in someone's swing which may or may not be the thing they need to change most. Also, many teachers seem to suffer from style drift or flavor of the month syndrome- being rooted in the 5 keys helps reduce this risk. Check out the 5 minutes daily practice thread- much of my practice is indoors (mostly in my basement where ceiling height limits me to a 9 iron into a blanket I set up on an old closet rod, but also in front of a mirror). In some ways, I think it is easier to groove a new motion when you are not worried about hitting the ball.

• Upvote 1

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

It rained all day in Western PA. My wife made me go to the mall with her. The only thing I almost shot was myself.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

It rained all day in Western PA. My wife made me go to the mall with her. The only thing I almost shot was myself.

My deepest sympathies.... Going to the mall with a girlfriend is fun, a wife not so much.... I live in Western PA too. Bad run of rain and all the courses are sloppy.

—Adam

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

83 front 44 back 39 ESC 82  Indexed 7.0  rate 73.4  slope 139

Pars 10

Bogeys 6

D. Bogey 1 :mad:

T. Bogey 1 :censored:

Fwy  6/14

GIR  7/18

Putts 34

Got off to a slow start  8 over first 6 holes then 3 over remaining 12, putts just are not falling yet had at least 6 opportunities within 20'.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Threw up some good numbers this last week and half!

Last Saturday- 7024 yards, 73.4/134- 51+41=92

My left knee was killing me on my swing from weight lifting but I guess I got loose after the front nine and played well on the back. Could of shot a 38 or 39 but 2 3 putts and a drive ob

Monday- Took a lesson and hit a bunch of balls

Tuesday- 6922 yards Slope 133 Course Rating 73.8, 47+42=89

Was using my new swing and hit my irons amazing but driver was lacking and ultimately just left myself too many long irons into greens

Wednesday- 6596 yards Slope 129 Course Rating 71.2, 42+43=85

Same course as Tuesday just moved up one tee box so I could work on my shorter irons and I played decent. Still did not hit my driver all that good but short game made up for it

Thursday- 7301 yards 135 slope 75.0 course rating 45+46=91

Actually hit my driver good and my short game was not too bad, hit 2 awful drives however that gave me two instant double's and on a 190 yard island par 3 I hit a big high fade and the wind took it and missed the green by about a foot and had to take a drop. Played well but didn't hit the ball as well as I wanted

Friday- 7191 yards 135 slope 74.9 course rating 47 on the front and was even with bogey golf on the back but friend and I decided to leave after the 14th since there was a scramble in front of us and we were on pace for a 5 and half hour round

Today- Wildcat in Houston- Combination of tips and the one below tips played around 6800 yards and the wind was pretty strong today

43+42=85

Played super well except my driver was shaky, got unlucky on one hole, and shanked 3 irons

Could of been my first round in the 70's but had 3 shanks which was me just losing focus and being hot and hungry. On a 520 yard par 5 I hit driver off the tee since I had never played the course and there was water around 295 yards down and I didn't know and hit it right in. Bogied the hole but it should of been an easy birdie/par hole.

Had a pretty good round. I shot 35 strokes less than the out door temperature as posted when I walked off the course. (79 - 39/40). Shade is good thing. I missed three very short, easy putts. I got complacent, and/or in a hurry with them. Hit a couple of one putt recovery shots from out side 50 yards which made me happy.  Had 11 pars, and 7 bogies for my outing.

The key for me playing today, was to start my hydration process yesterday. Went thru several pre-frozen bottles of water/lime juice while on the course. Even had a few bananas that I kept cool with ice packs.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I shot a 94 ... about 15 less than the outside temp ... only because it was overcast. Like @Patch I start the hydration early ... otherwise I get a headache a two head clown in a circus never had!

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I haven't been playing much golf and need to get back into the flow of things.  I posted my first full 18 hole round today since June 7th!!  If I keep this up, the HC will start trending up due to rust!!   I hit the ball decently enough today, but couldn't get anything out of my short game.  I missed most of those in-close scoring putts that need to be holed whether to save par or make birdie.

6666yds 73.0CR 140slope...........Course par is 72

39-37=76

Fairways 8/14

Greens: 8

Putts 29

Birdies 2

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

So I'm really new to this but I must say I love the game. I played my first par 29, 9 hole course about 3 weeks ago with a score of 58. I've played about twelve more rounds since then averaging low 40's, and today I got my 1st birdie while missing 2 more by inches, and got a 35! I'm very happy but I know there's still a lot of work ahead of me....p.s. I played a par 79 18 last week and had a 102

So I'm really new to this but I must say I love the game. I played my first par 29, 9 hole course about 3 weeks ago with a score of 58. I've played about twelve more rounds since then averaging low 40's, and today I got my 1st birdie while missing 2 more by inches, and got a 35! I'm very happy but I know there's still a lot of work ahead of me....p.s. I played a par 79 18 last week and had a 102

Congrats! Welcome to TST

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Had a pretty big 4 day amateur tourney a few days ago on a 75.8/149 course... I was pretty satisfied with how I scored but I ended up getting 30th.  I felt like I did better than that.

In round 2 I started on 10, so you can see I choked at the end of the day on 7-8-9, round 4 I started on 1, and choked after my eagle on 14.  I don't normally do that... I'm not sure what happened. I could have been so much lower if I had just kept it together.

srixon.png.c29104d99ab6ca6ecb927e9dd97b26f1.png    Z785 Driver 10.5° Tour AD BB 7x    |    F65 4W Tour AD TP 7x    |    Z765 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100 AMT    |     Z-Star Ball

TM.png.36c3c24d72a4ac809b0def631452f3ba.png    M3 4H HZRDUS Black    |    Spider Tour Putter

titleist.png.c92d01bf6404c1675a5e518a7447f2c6.png  Vokey SM7 50° 55° 60° Dynamic Gold S400 Tour Issue Black

95 on a course where ive never done worse than 87. can you say evolvr next week boys and girls?

Friday - 94, CR 69.4/117, 2 GIRs, 31 putts

Saturday - 96, CR 71.2/128, 1 GIR, 30 putts,

Sunday - 91, CR 71.2/128,  1 GIR, 33 putts

13 straight rounds of scores between 91 - 97 @ 3 different courses.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Just got done playing a pretty fun round of twilight... Had to scramble to shoot a 78 but I'm feeling pretty proud since it was from the long tees today. Front: 38 Fairways: 4/7 Greens in Reg: 6/9 Putts: 17 Birdies: 0 Back:40 Fairways: 3/7 Greens in Reg: 2/9 Putts: 12 Birdies:1 Then played one more round on the front from the white tees when I found another group Overall: 37 Fairways: 6/7 Greens in Reg: 8/9 Putts: 15 Birdies: 1

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

In the comparative terms of my southwestern brethren, I shot 21 under the high temp today (46/43 = 89).  Had three birdies - two were putts holed from off the green on par 5s, one was a holed short pitch over a bunker on a par 3.  Three birdies, 5 pars, 5 bogeys...and 5 triple bogeys, aaarrgghh.  31 putts, 7/12 fairways, only 4 GIR.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6