IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

After having played only twice in the last month, I played 5 times in 6 days...

7/17 - 77 at Hiland GC in Butler, PA

7/18 - 79 at Saxon CG near Saxonburg, PA

7/20 - 81 at River Forest CC in Freeport, PA

7/21 - 85 at Pine Lakes GC in Hubbard, OH

7/22 - 84 at Avalon Lakes CC in Warren, OH

On the 21st and 22nd my wife and I went on a two day outing with 3 other couples. We stayed at the Pine Lakes Bed & Breakfast which was excellent, and then played Avalon Lakes, a Pete Dye design the second day. Pine Lake was a nice course, but Avalon Lakes was exceptional. After the round at Avalon Lakes we ate at the Chophouse restaurant located on the property of the golf course. The food, service and atmosphere were exceptional.

My game was less than average, especially the putting, compared to earlier this summer. I have found that over the years I have my highs and lows, and right now my game is about 3 on a scale of 10 (for me). A little frustrating at times, especially when you three putt or miss fairways by 25 yards. But, there is always tomorrow. :roll:

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Last round was 79. 36, 43 I played pretty well. It had a chance to make it a special round but I ended up taking a triple on the back nine after I misjudged a distance and flew the green. That was tough to come back from.

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's been awhile!!....but I did play this morning!

72.5CR 137Slope:  6564yds par72 course

38-40=78

8/14 Fairways

9 greens

31 putts (including 2 three-putts)

2 penalties

I started slow by making bogey on holes 2,3, and 4, but played well from then on.   Two bad swings/penalties cost me 4 strokes!!   I'm not making any putts... I missed several inside of 10' whether for par or bogey.   Very frustrating!!    I did hole a 20' putt, but that was the exeption not the norm.

I could have flirted with level par today, but I keep throwing away strokes...sometimes two at a time!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

41-40-81 Played Senior Club Championship 1st Rd In 8th place, 4 putted last hole. Yuck! Hit it off the tee awful

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Not a bad day. My usual playing partner played his match play opponent in the club tournament (my match is next weekend) so I tagged along and played. 42-41 83 Front was so so. Struck the ball well but just couldn't score. Drive on 9 got me in trouble and took a double. Back 9 was fantastic thru 7 holes (+1). Took a double, triple on the closing two (par 35 back). Tough pill to swallow but it was still a pretty good round.

46 - 37. Back nine was one over par. Hideous front and then had a long break until 10. One over par on the back nine with a 3 putt over a big hill on a par five after hitting the green from 210 over water. Best 9 of the year.

—Adam

Sunday,

Kittyhawk GC (Eagle Course), Whites, CR: 71.9

51-46-97

The work I've put in with my driver seems to be paying off. Of course, that meant the shots off the floor were the big problem today. It was a heinous first five holes. I ran out of tears by then and strung together a par on the par-5 sixth hole with thunder and lightning closing in. The horn blew right as the eight-foot putt dropped. A half-hour later we got back out and it was relatively steady golf from there.

Generally, I expect no worse that double digits, but this course usually eats my lunch. It's a bit long for me and the hazards are in all the wrong spots. For the time being, under 100 is good and a decent way to go into next weekend's club championship. That will be my first-ever tournament.

Been playing lights out for me lately but came back down to reality this weekend shooting a 92 (+22) at the home course.  Just couldn't put 2 decent shots in a row together all day.  On vacation the week prior so didn't get to play/practice at all and it showed.

Four rounds since my last - seems that previous one was a breakthrough round for this year.  I have three of them here.

The back 9 at White Eagle was magic.  Never hit like that ---- ever.  Started on the back 9 and just played alone and behind a slow group and no one behind me.  I just took my time,  enjoyed the scenery (this is one of my favorite local courses) looked for stray golf balls while waiting on the other group and really focused.  all 9 fairways hit, all greens 2 putts or less, and GIR ...... 8 holes.  I was sitting perfect on 18 about 150 out to a wide open green and just pushed the thing right - no excuses, very last shot to what would have been my personal idea of perfect (for 9 holes at least.  Now I know that it's hard goal for 18, but achievable if the stars align).  17 approach was lucky though, I didn't earn that GIR - kind of 'bladed' a 2H all the way to the green, didn't even know it was on until I got there - I don't think it got higher than 10 feet above the ground.

then the front nine the two groups ahead of me let me play through - that's when the meltdown arrived.....when I was teeing off on #2 in front of 4 strangers of course :-D .  Didn't matter, so much fun.  The played again two days later and hit very well (for me), but more typical with fairway misses, etc.

It was super hot and humid all weekend.

The last two 9's at Hammond added together, also tied my personal best for 18 holes too.  FWIW

It's just been a lot of fun golfing this last month or so.  tables will turn, but enjoying this detour while I can.  Builds a lot of confidence.

Bill - 

Work has had me all jammed up lately...time for golf has been slim....Got out yesterday and shot 45-41 for a 86.  My driver is just absolutely killing me right now.  I spent a lot of time after after the round working on it.  For some reason I stand up there and me backswing over runs way too much and I get my arms and turn way out of synch.  Its hard to play well when you only have one good drive and one decent drive all day with driver on the course.  The short game and putting was a little rusty too from lack of playing/practice lately.  But I hit some nice iron shots so there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Shot a 89 (46-43) yesterday at Northwest Park GC in Wheaton, MD.  That's the best score I've shot in a long time.  I signed up for Evolvr last week, and started working on the swing change Brian recommended, making a better hip turn instead of swaying back.  The first day or two of that was ugly, but I'm getting the hang of it and making better, more consistent contact.

Here's the card:

http://golfshot.com/Rounds/Detail/207-29881665-29881884

If I can get rid of the blacks on the card, I'll be a happy camper.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

44-38-82

Weird round. Got off to a bad start completely related to the putter through six holes, then figured something out and made everything after that.

Next round will be a qualifier for the Club Championship. I am trying to figure out whether to play up because my sh*tty handicap qualifies me for a flight that I haven't played in over 15 years.

I decided to play in the flight I qualify for instead of playing up to the flight I have played in for years. I played very poorly and shot a lousy 91 and didn't expect to qualify. Surprisingly I did as the 7th seed in an 8-man field. Played the #2 seed yesterday and beat him in sudden death after four holes. Tough match. I was three up at one point and then lost four straight to go one down with two to go. Had to win 17 to tie it and we halved 18. He had birdie putts inside 15 feet on the first three playoff holes to win but failed to make any of them. I parred the 238 yard par 3 fourth to close him out. He had to be really frustrated after hitting such great shots and losing but he didn't make a putt all day. Semi-finals next Saturday.

Bill M

Shot a 94...my usual score. Putting has been unusually poor lately. I figured out I was moving my head/following the ball.

Much better just to listen

39-42=81 @ River Forest in Freeport, PA,  senior tees

Had a lot of good shots, but 4 shanks were a little unnerving.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D