IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I'm new to golf,just been playing a year.Last night was my 6th round on a 6000 yd course,rest of my play has been on smaller ones.

New I had made improvements,so felt a sense of calm when I approached the first hole,played on a beautiful course here in Norfolk,England.First time I played on it,and shot 100.
I was on a real high,as it beat my best round by 10 strokes.If it wasn't for my total blow-up on the last hole,shot a 9 on a long par 4,then I would have broken the 100.

The most encouraging thing was that my ballstriking stayed consistent all the way round.Therefore less mistakes,and I could recover quickly after a bad shot.It also highlighted for me that once you improve certain areas of your game,it just reveals where you need to be better somewhere else.

Putting,i'm okay within the 20 ft range,but I need to some work on the longer putts,because I three putted at least 5 times,could have been more,so I need to keep track.

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

I shot a 6. Hit a low fade that ended up right in the middle of the fairway. Pulled the wrong club on my second shot (underclubbed) but still got a GIR within 35'. Putt #1 was 5' short but I converted putt #2 for par. On #2 another fade drive ended up just in the right light rough. My second shot was another low but hard hit shot with a 5 wood that got me to within 100 yards of the green on the par 5. Than the sound I thought I heard after my first shot on #2 confirmed I wasn't hearing things: A low rumble of thunder from the south. Thunder+golf=Bad. I swore when I took this game up nearly six years ago I would not/quit play if I saw lightning or heard thunder. A handshake with my playing partner and I was in for a rain check.

After work yesterday, I played the front nine on my home course. I shot a four over 39. This is only the second time I've shot that score on the front nine of my home course. Were it not for the fact that my wife had prepared supper for my family, I would have played the back nine to finish the round.

I have felt that I have been on the cusp of shooting scores in the low eighties. Hopefully, this score is a harbinger of scores to come!

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

After working junior golf clinic and going to lunch i played the front 9 before i had to go back to work. it was a VERY windy day and i was pleased to keep my drives in the fairway and work with the wind into the green. i shot an even par 36 with two easily avoided bogeys, a 3-putt from 15 feet and a poor decision on an into the wind club selection. going to play 18 in the sprinkling rain right now :)

Bag: Hoofer 3
Driver: G10 9.5*
3 Wood: 975F 13.5*
Hybrid: G10 21*
Irons: i3 Blade 3-SWLob Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 60.04Utility Wedge: MB 60 bent to 64Putter: White Hot #5 Center Shafted/Lead Tape WeightedBall: Pro v1xLowest Round: 68 Par 72 (73/127)

88 yesterday from the blues and a fairly easy course (69/126). left a few shots out there, but hit some really good ones too. Im happy with it.

In the Ogio stand bag

909 D2 w/ VooDoo S
15.5* 906F4 w/ Aldila VS Proto 80S
3DX DC 3 HybridFP 4-GW56* and 60* Vokey SM wedgeSophia putter

79 (38-41), Beaumont Country Club, Beaumont, Texas (69.7/121). Lost to my 15 year old son for the second time, he shot 40-38=78. I leaked too much oil coming in. Missed 2 three footers (1 for par, 1 for birdie) on the back, jerk hooked an 8 iron into 18 from 145 yards then went on to 3 putt for double bogey on. Ouch! My son has a Texas State Junior Amateur Qualifier there next Wednesday, probably will take a 75 or below to qualify.

Driver: TaylorMade r7 460 / 11.5 degrees
Irons: Titleist 822 OS (4, 5, 6)  Titleist 962 (7, 8, 9, P, G)
Putter: Tear Drop
Ball: Precept Laddie
Wedges: Golfsmith Snake Eyes 56 degrees / 60 degrees

18 Hole Low:  67   /  9 Hole Low:  31

I shot 77 today (38-39). This is a new personal best for me...topping my 78 I shot a couple weeks back. There's still plenty of room for improvement though.

Brandon Sweet
Handicap: 11.6
I play on the Hop Brook Server

Inventory:Driver- Burner 9.5 degree3 Wood- BurnerHybrid 3 Iron- R7 Rescue DrawIrons (4-PW)- RAC MBWedges- Vokey Design 56 and 60 degreePutter- Teardrop Roll-Face

Well, I ALMOST shot my best score ever today. First 9 I have 3 birdies and 1 bogey for a 2 under front side. Hold #10, I hit my tee shot left of the fairway but never find my ball. Didn't go back to re-tee as just too many playing today to hold everthing up, so just take an x and let my group move on. Well I shoot 4 under the rest of the side and finish 6 under for 17 holes. My best score ever is 3 under. Just my luck, any other day I would have found my ball and could have made a par on the hole.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Pevely Farms
Blue Tees 72.9/132

78 (+6)

Drove the ball excellent. Long irons were bad again. I need to get the long irons back on track.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

89. It could've been lower but I just had a two or three holes I really played badly on, can ruin your score sometimes. I putted EXCELLENT, I'd have to recount but I think I only had about 30 putts. The greens were rolling very well today. One thing though, the wind was at the very least 40 MPH. I've never played in wind like this. It was a links style course, so the wind was completely swirling. It was sometimes a THREE CLUB swing. I had to club up to a hybrid from 150 yards on a par 3! Very difficult scoring conditions. The course played tougher than it did last time i was there (shot 84 last time). I've only played this course one other time, I think the rating is 72, which is more difficult than I'm used to. It was a fun day though and I guess that's all that matters.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

i sucked like a two dollar hooker

it was my highest score this year, IN A TOURNY!!!

102. i lost 5 balls on a tough course i've never played and lipped out 6 5 footers or less

argg

driver- R580XD 9.5*
3 wood- m/speed
hybrid- cft ti 4h
irons- fp 4-gap
wedges- 54* and RAC satin 56* 12 bounceputter- 1/2 Craz-Eballs- DT Carry, e5, anything found thats is good shapeshoes-adidashome course - nothing - uh oh. perhaps pleasant view againschool...

Hi all,
Only my second post but..
73 67.9/122
Driver Super Quad 10.5
3 Woodhibore xl
irons3-pw AP2
Wedges52 and 56 SV
PutterFuturaBall330-s

Just got home from playing my home course; Magnolia Creek in League City. Its the first time I've played since Sunday the 22nd so a little rusty. I shot 44-46. I had four 3 putts, ouch. All told not too unhappy,scheduled to play tomorrow and Saturday so aiming to post a couple of scores in the mid 80s.

What's in the bag
Big sticks Ping Rapture V2 9° Fusion FT-3 3-Wood, 3,4 Hybrid

Irons Ping I10 5-GW
Wedges Cleveland RTX 54° Spin Milled Vokey 60°Putter Redwood Anser Titleist NXT Tour 1500 rangefinder

42 at a tough golf course after starting cold with a double and a triple. I overslept and woke up at 10:45 to my buddy calling me on my phone to ask if i had left yet. BAD TIMES!

After running out the door with clothes in hand and changing while driving (don't ask) and eating a piece of bread (breakfast of champions), all while driving dangerously fast I arrived at the course just in time to hustle up to the first tee. Starting stiff doesn't help and a poor drive set me up for a bad triple on the first, followed by an equally bad double on the second.

At this point I was pretty steamed and hit a bad shot on the third resulting in another bogey. I was quite furious and decided I needed to take the round a little less seriously since I was losing money / getting my ass kicked. I decided to take off my shoes and play the rest of the round barefoot, and managed to go even the rest of the holes to actually WIN BY 1 with a birdie on the last. :)

Free round of golf? Hell yes!
"The general knowledge in the United States about Australia is low. Everybody thinks we ride kangaroos to school. You don't ever take a kangaroo to school. You take them to the supermarket because you can put groceries in the pouch. "

- Stuart Appleby

In The Bag:Driver - 9.5° XTD Pro Graphite...

Played 7 holes and was 3 over. Played pretty good. Putted really well, chipped pretty poor. Long game was consistently good which is an area im generally inconsistant.

Had to abandon the last two holes because it was completely dark haha. Playing in a 18 hole comp tomoro though so we'll see how i go

Whats in my bag:

Burner HT 13* Reax Regular Shaft
R7 19* Reax Regular Shaft
AP1's 4-PW Project X 5.5 Shafts Vokey Spin Milled 60.08 56.10 Rossa Siena 4 Pro V1"Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a s**t"

I had my life-defining round yesterday. I went out and shot 75, and that was with a double bogey at the last hole. I was a birdie at the 18th away (and I have birdied that hole a few times in the past) from shooting an even-par 72. In the end, it was only a 75, but that was my best-ever round by three shots. I scrambled like crazy on the front nine, getting up-and-down the first three holes. I even missed a five-footer for birdie at the ninth to shoot 36 on the front.

I hit the ball much better on the back nine, but the score ended up about the same. I used to play the 18th hole really well, but it's had my number lately. It has probably cost me 10 shots in my last four or five rounds.

I was going to go out and play this morning, but I figured I'd let that 75 sink in one more day. I still can't believe I shot in the mid 70s.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades