IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

i havent played in a couple weeks since my first time out but the last time i played i pared the first three holes in row which was a first for me

What's in my Bag:

KZG Gemini 460 Driver 10.5* with a Stiff Flex Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Shaft
Burner 5 Wood with a Regular Flex Bubble Shaft
DCI 990's 4-PW with Regular Flex ShaftsNo Wedges TDP 2.2 Putter NXT Tour Ball

New to the forum and first year that im really focusing on golf. Played Sunday and shot a 42 on 9. Played badly. Yesterday shot a 39 on 9 which was 3 over for the course I was playing
...Practice Can Never Make Perfect... Practice Makes Improvement...
 bettinardi.gif
taylormade.gifadidas.gif

89.....47/42 6/14 FW, 4 GIR, 28 putts. 1 birdies, 7 pars, 3 bogies, 6 doubles, and 1 triple. 28 putts with no 3 putts. I'm pleased with that, but I struggled mightily off the tee which put mucho pressure on the irons and I flat out folded. I played the Maxfli long and soft. It was long, but not so soft. Wedges were rolling out way more than usual despite the soft condiitons. It played almost a club longer for me and I flew three greens before I figured it out. What can I say, I'm a slow learner.

Played 9 today, shot a 3 over 39. The front nine at my home course has 3 par 3's, 3 par 4's and 3 par 5's. I had 1birdie, 4 pars and 4 bogeys(one was because of a penalty shot). Hit 4/6 fairways and 5/9 GIR.

In my Nike Sport Cart Bag:
Driver: Burner SUPERFAST TP 10.5*
3 Wood Burner SUPERFAST
5 Wood SQ Dymo
Irons(4-GW) SZ Vokey Oil Can 56* 64* TP WedgePutter Oz Mallet 6Ball: ProV1x

74, 35 -39 . Started with 3 straight birdies, then hit one OB. The wind started to kick up down here, and that made the back 9 a struggle. Just bought a Ping Redwood ZB, after the round, so the day ended well.

Oh by the way, how do i add what i have in my bag onto my posts?

My team placed first in an MBA Association scramble Tuesday near Belleville, IL. We shot 11 under. Played white tees at 5,850 yds., so we had a lot of short irons and wedges into the shorter holes for birdies.

One teammate had a strong fade off the tee, and the other hit a very hot driver that was wonderful as long as he didn't hook it. On most holes, one or the other was long in the fairway. Third other player came up with short chips and putts on occasion.

My wedges - a big problem last year - are finally coming around. Hit an 80-yard SW to 6 feet for one birdie - played the cross wind beautifully - and set up two others with half GWs (9 feet and 3 feet).

Hit two solid 5 irons also.
* First was on #13, a 165 yd. par 3. Hit a draw to beat the wind, but landed 20 ft. short of the pin and it backed up 15 feet downhill to the fringe. Not sure what happened - draws are supposed to release forward.
* On No. 18, hit out of semi shaggy rough, landed 3 feet onto green, and backed onto the fringe.

On early holes I hit a couple of banana slice tee shots. Last four holes, had pushes and a snap hook. In between, hit several very hot drives straight or slight draws that carried 230 or more.

Still haven't played 18 holes in my own right this year - got rained out four times.

Probably time to get my spring tune-up lesson. Need to talk to pro about hip timing, and ball position on fairway woods, and smooth backswing vs. slow backswing.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I shot a 55 when I played 9 holes at Meadowbrook CC(first time using new taylormade burner irons)

Taylormade R11 TP Driver w/ Aldila RIP 60a
Taylormade R11 3 Wood Stiff Shaft
Taylormade Burner 2.0 3 Iron Stiff Shaft
Taylormade Burner 1.0 Irons
Titleist 52 Degree Vokey Wedge 08 Bounce

Cleveland 56 Degree CG15

Cleveland 60 CG11

Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball Putter w/ Medium grip

Shot 9 over for 8 holes today ... my putting needs a LOT of work!!!!

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

• Administrator

My partner.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just got back from Grand Traverse . Beautiful resort, tough but beautiful courses, crappy weather. 24 guys, 5 rounds of golf, $280 each in betting, 2 flights……doesn't get much better then this.

Day #1 Wolverine (50*, rain, 20 mhp winds)
75-Solid all day from tee to green with no major blow up holes. Buried the field by miles (everybody else was bitching about the rain). Took low front-back-totals, 3 skins and 1 CTP for about $165.

Day #2 The Bear a.m. (43*, on and off rain, 25+ mph winds) - Ryder Cup pairs
81-Struggled mightily all day around the greens. Hit the ball decent but the winds made it very difficult to score. My partner and I dismantled our competitors 4&3. Took 1 skin and 1 CTP for about $50

Day #2 Spruce Run p.m. (47*, cloudy, wind gusts over 30 mph) - Ryder Cup Team totals scores
77-Awful front nine (41), decent back (36). Easiest course of the 3. Winds played havoc on everyone again. Our team won by 22 strokes, another shellacking. Took 2 skins and low back for about $75

Day #3 Wolverine a.m. (60+*, sun, 10 mph winds) - Ryder Cup singles
74-My best round of the weekend (except for taking a stupid triple on #17). Beat my competitor 3&2. Won 2 skins, low front-back-and totals, and 3 CTP's for a very lucrative $200 + another $50 for winning the Ryder Cup.

Day #3 The Bear p.m. (65*, sun, light winds) - Scramble
60-Played with 2 guys that are lucky to break 100 and the other is about a 12 hdcp. Always seemed to have a ball in play off the tee before I hit and I was "on" with my irons. My other teammates could not miss a putt! We won by 2 strokes and had 2 skins adding $100 plus to my pocketbook.

All in all I pocketed about $650 for the weekend.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

Shot a +14 (78) on my local short course, which stands as my best 18 on that course. It's a 9 hole course that consists of four Par 3's and five Par 4's.

Last Saturday I played at Chateau Elan on the Chateau course. I could not get my driver to work that day with out major hook or slice. Ended the day with a 94. Oh well I had fun!

Shot a 3 over 39 for 9 holes. If I could figure out my distances on my irons, would probably have shot even par. Chipping and putting is dead on!
The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight. -Ben Hogan

Played my second 9-holes today. Again, I wasn't keeping any real score as I was playing with my dad and his league opponent and didn't want to slow them down so there were many holes I didn't actually finish. However, I only lost one ball this week compared to five the week before so some things are approving with my game. Had three or four excellent shots, a few average, and the rest were real shitty. Oh well, I kept my head up and didn't let any of it get me down.

• Administrator

35 (-1) with my brother in law for his league. I subbed for my wife. Couldn't shoot too low - they'd wonder what was going on. That said, the 35 will probably be the lowest round anyone shoots all year. By five shots.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

81 had 7 putts for birdie and missed every one

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

Shot 83 on a Par 73 Course.

38 at the from and collapse at the back nine. Sigh !

Since i will be traveling to Fort Collins Co next week, i might be substitute my coworker at his league. Lets see how ...
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight