IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Was -2 thru 12. The wind took my draw and pushed it right into the corner of the lake on a long par 5. Ended up falling apart for a while and went double, double, and you guessed it double. Then settled down to shoot my third 76 in a row. I will get it deep soon, then it will be all over. Great day of golf here. Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Happy Gilmore was a Hack!

quite the improvement today with an 80 on a par 72.  only one double bogey when i pushed a long approach into a water hazard.  two birds, seven pars, eight bogeys and one double.

Shot a 101 (personal best)!   Easily the best round I've ever played.   I birdied a par 5 on an incredibly lucky shot.   On my fourth shot to the green, I was 150 yards away (kicking myself because I thought...great..get near the green, chip, three put and have a triple bogie).  I pulled out the 4 Hybrid, hit it good, and it went straight towards the hole.  The hole was elevated, so didn't see the ball.  When I got to the green, I was like, "dang...must of went over the hill" because I couldn't see the ball on the green.  Didn't see my ball, and I was like, "no way...it can't be in the hole." Went to the flag and it was there!   I pumped my fist and cheered (was playing solo in the rain).  I texted a buddy, and he responded, "If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to hear it, did it really fall?" LOL.  My first birdie ever!

After hitting 49 on front nine, I was really hoping to break 100 (would be a first).   On the last hole, I was at 93.  I felt like Tiger at the masters, thinking to myself, "all he needs is a bogie to win the tourney!".  Hit a great tee shot, and ugly, but straight second shot with the 2 Hybrid. Hit the 5 iron and shanked it badly.  Ended up quadruple bogie (my only one of the day) and got the 101.

Still happy though.   I attribute a lot of my improvement on reading these boards and getting tips!

Driver: Ping K15 (10.5*), Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech v3 2i, Ping G15 4i (23*), Irons: Callaway Diablo Edges (5-9, P, A, S)Putter: Nike Method 001, Bag: Nike Tour Cart II Shoes: Nike Lunar Control, Other: Cliqgear 3.0 Handcart, Callaway uPro GPS, Sun Mountain ClubGlider Meridian Travel Bag

Well, it was misting rain but still a beautiful morning.  I played 9 at Aliso Creek in Laguna, CA and shot a 52.  No, not a great score at all but it was nice to birdie the par 3 #7 which is 120 or so yards to an elevated, island green across a creek.  It was fun.

Ugh, shot an 87.  We've had rain 13 out of the last 14 days (and we had a bunch prior to that too).  The only part of the golf course that was in decent shape were the greens.  The rest of it was sloppy (muddy and casual water all over).  A couple of times walking from the cart to my ball, the ground was so wet and muddy that my shoe got stuck and I almost stepped out of them.

I hit 3 drives that just missed the fairway.  Each time, my bud and I see the flight of the ball--we never really lose sight of it, so we have a very good idea of where it came down.  Cart paths only, so we stop approximately by our "marker" and run out to find the ball.  Nothing, nada, couldn't find any of them.  The same thing happened to my bud on 2 of his drives.  Since the course was playing slow--I suspect that we weren't the only players losing balls in the muck, there were people waiting in the tee box each time.  So, it would've been difficult--well, not really difficult, but we didn't really want to incur the wrath of group behind us (they had "barked" about the pace of play a few times already).  We waited on every shot, so it wasn't like we were the culprits.  It was just the conditions.  However, we didn't feel like getting into a "situation" with the guys behind us--seemed like they had a "few".

At that point, my bud and I decide to just take drops.  Unfortunately, since lost balls are stroke + distance, we decided that we would just take a drop where we both felt the ball landed and we would be hitting shot #4.  We ended up taking double-bogey on each one of those.  Bummer.  To add insult to injury, I was teeing off with my 3-wood, and my back foot slipped on the downswing.  Well, my club came crashing down and I ended up with a nice gnarly sky mark.  In some spots, it's down to the metal.  I haven't put a sky mark on one of my clubs in 6 years.

But, you know, it ended up being one of the best days of my life.  How?  My kid gets into a head-on collision in my car and walks away from it--albeit with a few bumps,bruises and scraps--from the airbag.  He borrowed my car to see his GF and was following the speed limit, but as I said earlier, the weather has been horrible so the roads have been pretty slick and he lost it going around a bend, over-corrected and crossed over the line.  Thank God, the car was pitched at a 45-degree angle and impact was on the passenger front/side when he collided with the on-coming car.  Also, thank God, nobody was with him.  I don't want to even think what would've happened if he had someone with him.

:titleist: :scotty_cameron:
915D3 / 712 AP2 / SC Mont 1.5

Originally Posted by Tomboys

But, you know, it ended up being one of the best days of my life.  How?  My kid gets into a head-on collision in my car and walks away from it--albeit with a few bumps,bruises and scraps--from the airbag.  He borrowed my car to see his GF and was following the speed limit, but as I said earlier, the weather has been horrible so the roads have been pretty slick and he lost it going around a bend, over-corrected and crossed over the line.  Thank God, the car was pitched at a 45-degree angle and impact was on the passenger front/side when he collided with the on-coming car.  Also, thank God, nobody was with him.  I don't want to even think what would've happened if he had someone with him.

Glad your boy is OK!  Scary.  My younger son got plowed-into by an older grandpa a couple years ago - fortunately everyone was fine, though it totalled my kid's Jeep.  That phone call is NO fun to receive.

Back to the subject matter ....last night I was able to get a 9-hole round in on a local 'executive course' (par 34/35).  Played the front at 4-over/38.  One bird, four pars, 3 bogeys and a double.  I'm SO consistent

In my bag: adams.gif Speedline Fast 10 10.5, Speedline 3W, Ping Zing2 5-SW  vokey.gif 60 deg odyssey.gif 2-ball    330-RXS

84 in a new course . Have problem with 110yards which tend to hit left . And putting , the 1st nine and 2nd nine are totally different .I have 5 x 3 putts. Long games were solid . However won the nearest to pin at a par 3 - 206 yards, 8 ft to the pin, out from the 180 participants. [IMG]http://184.72.239.143/mu/75880c95-c434-a910.jpg[/IMG]
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

50 for 9 holes.  Very hot/cold round, but made pleasant by pairing up with a very nice guy who was at about my skill level with similar problems with his game.  Had a very good look at par on the first hole, just misread a 12 footer.  Had a lot really weird problems, though, mostly this strange tendency to severely top irons---really hammer them into the ground with the bottom of the club.  It came out of nowhere after a couple weeks away for some travel and miscellaneous distractions.  Had some fun, though, made one really nice par save, hit a few great shots, just had lots of trouble with junk shots too.  Oh well.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Yesterday afternoon I started with a 7 Double Bogey at an easy straight forward par 5 of only about 550 yds, faded my drive into the rough, topped a 5i back to the fairway, topped my 3W in trying to force 230 to the green and left it 185 short of the hole, hit a way to perfect 4i, landed just behind the hole, but then went of the green into a grass bunker, chunked it out of there and made two putts .....arghhh.

Made a great par at the next 225 par 3, par at the next 400 yds par 4, just missed the eagle at the par 5 4th and had a tap in birdie and missed a few birdies at the next 5 holes, and walked of with a 37 (+1) after nine holes, but with a little bit of fortune it could have been a 35, not to mention the first hole..........

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

Played an up and down 77 +5.  Did get my first eagle though in my life (21 years old), Par 5 250 second shot took a 3 wood to inside 10 feet.  Finally starting to get out of my little slump that I'm going through but still didn't play well.  It is still cold here in Cincinnati and very wet.

74 (+2) to equal both my previous lowest score and my highest number of birdies in a round (4). If it weren't for two stupid penalties off the tee...

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just couldn't get off the tee for the first nine holes today. I had 3 stroke and distance penalties and 3 other times I had to chip out sideways and that was just the first nine. There were six 6's on the card for the first nine holes. When it was over it all added up to 47. The next nine was much better and I doubled the last hole for a 40. I actually hit my irons decent, but it's tough to hit GIR when you are hitting 3 off the tee and chipping out sideways.

The stats: 47/40 6/14 FW and 7 GIR. 32 putts including one 3 jack. 2 birdies, 7 pars, 2 bogies, 6 doubles, and a frickin' triple.

4 over through 14 and it got dark. About 40 degrees again, really can't hit the ball very far at all. Had two blow ups in a row on the front, triple/double. Bounced back on the back 9 and went birdie, birdie, par, par, par.

Originally Posted by NEOHMark

Glad your boy is OK!  Scary.  My younger son got plowed-into by an older grandpa a couple years ago - fortunately everyone was fine, though it totalled my kid's Jeep.  That phone call is NO fun to receive.

Back to the subject matter ....last night I was able to get a 9-hole round in on a local 'executive course' (par 34/35).  Played the front at 4-over/38.  One bird, four pars, 3 bogeys and a double.  I'm SO consistent

Thanks for your well wishes.  Yes, I was fortunate that it was my son who called me.  If it was the police, then for sure, I would've gone bonkers.  A friend of mine does a lot of work for the police department, so when he heard about the accident, he inquired.  How bad was it?  My son was traveling @ the speed limit which was 40 mph.  The driver coming towards him was doing anywhere from 60 to 70 mph.  The terrible thing about sliding in the rain is that your car can actually pick up speed because there's no friction from the tires to scrub off any speed.  According to my bud, the police estimated impact at over 100 mph (combined).  At that speed, it's by the sheer grace of God that nobody was killed or severely injured.  According to statistics, most accidents in excess of 75 mph usually results in a fatality.

:titleist: :scotty_cameron:
915D3 / 712 AP2 / SC Mont 1.5

Shot my personal best of 77 today, to beat last week's 78 which was my first time breaking 80.

Now I'm thrilled with this score as I am improving every round and the handicap is coming down rapidly, but I can't help feeling like I always leave some putts out there...

First 2 holes I was just off the green and chipped and 1 putted to save pars. 3rd hole par 3 with strong crosswind I ended up left of the green with the pin just behind a bunker. played a miracle flop shot that hit the cup and bounced out and I somehow managed to miss the par putt...

8th hole par 4 hit a gigantic drive leaving myself about 50metres to the green. hit my 60* wedge under the hole, about a 2m putt, which I charged past and missed the return putt. Breaks my heart in pieces that does. So that gave me a 39 on the front which should have been a 37 at least.

par 3 11th, hit the green, left my first putt a bit short and proceeded to pull the next one left from a very short distance.

17th hole par 5, hit a big drive and smoked a 5i onto the back of the green, just rolled off. chipped to within 1m and again pulled the putt left.

Birdied the 18th and came in with a 38 on the back giving me a 77.

but I feel I easily could have shot a 73. But yeah, can't complain. handicap is down to a 10 now and wanting to be a 6 or 7 ideally so very happy with my round today.

Loving golf!!!!!

I hit the ball pretty decent today considering it was with a steady wind blowing 15-20 and gusting to 30mph. I had a 3 hole stretch where I went double, triple, double which killed my score and kept me from getting very close to the 70's. I did have to scramble a lot, but my misses were good misses and kept me from to much damage with the exception of that killer 3 hole stretch.

The stats: 42/43 8/14 FW ONLY 7 GIR. 31 putts including one 3 jack at the last. We'll just call it a lapse of concentration as I missed a stupid little three foot comebacker. 1 birdies, 7 pars, 7 bogies, 2 doubles, and one frickin' triple.