IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

83 @ Fairway Hills (43/40). Not altogether bad considering the condition of the course. I have never in my life seen such a swampy, wet course. Had at least 4 or 5 drives plug in the fairway to where you couldn't see the ball until you walked right up on it. On one par 5, you have to hit a short iron 2nd shot due to a 90º left dog-leg then hit another short iron into the green. My second shot (9 iron) we couldn't find it in the fairway! Crazy...

--- Rebel Golfer ---

Can I post this in two threads without seeming like a total tool? I went round in level par today for the first time ever and I'm really, really excited and (to be honest) a little bit drunk.

LL

Also, it is almost exactly a year to the day today since I signed up here at the Sand Trap -- at which time I was shooting in the 90s -- so obviously associating with you fine folks is a friggin' tonic for a man's golf game. For which I thank you.

• Upvote 1

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played Stone Creek in Oregon this morning, 7:19am tee time...still a bit chilly, but a bargain at $20.  Shot a decent round of 81, 6 over on the front (bad 4 hole stretch), but rebounded with a 3 over on the back.  Really drove the ball well after getting warmed up on the first few holes, hit 10/14 fairways.  Irons were also a bit off the first 5 or 6 holes, then got in a nice groove.

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

Shot an 89 at Governors Run in Carlyle, IL.   First time i have ever played the championship course there, had played the par 3 course several times before.   Played the back 9 first, shot 43 and a 46 on the front 9 as the wind started to pick up later and make things a bit more difficult.   Still to break 90 2 straight rounds is really good for me, starting to hit my irons fairly decent as I was at least close to hitting most of the greens, at least had a par putt on most every hole, making mostly bogeys, a few pars and a few doubles, no worse than double though so avoided any big numbers for the 2nd straight round.  Started to struggle with my Burner driver toward the end of the first 9 and switched back to my Nitro driver and started to to hit it better.  I guess im the only person who carries 2 drivers just in case i want to hit the other one but its still only 13 clubs.  Even the few times i attempted to hit my 3 wood from the fairway I hit it pretty good as well and i usually struggle hitting it off the deck.  Had to hit it once on a longer par 4(400 yards) into the wind from nearly 200 yards and came up just short of the front of the green.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

First round of the year I shot 39 - 37 = 76 (par 72). I played Quail Ridge here in the Grand Rapids, MI area. Weather was cool, course was soggy so it played long. Struggled with my new driver some. Also really struggled with my putter for the first 11 holes or so. I made double on a short par 5, had three 3 putts and one of those three putts was a par 5 I reached in two. I can't complain though, for the first round of the year and my swing being pretty out of wack and also with only my 3 wood and two hybrids in my bag from last summer I will take a 76.

titleist.gif Titleist 910 D3 - Project X 6.0 7C3 Shaft  |  adams.gif Adams XTD Super Hybrid - 15 degrees  
adams.gif Adams Idea Pro A12 Hybrid - 18 degrees 
Adams CB2 - KBS Tour Shafts - 4 - PW
vokey.gif Vokey 54.10 Oil Can  |  vokey.gif Vokey 60.07 Oil Can  |  rife.gif Rife Trinidad - SuperStroke

Shot 90. (Lowest Score) 6th Game overall.
First Birdie.
9 DIF, 3 GIR, 35 putts.

Very happy with the putting stats despite 5 3-puts.

Another step closer to achieving my goal this year...to shoot in the 80s.

cleveland.gif XL270 Driver /10.5
cleveland.gif TL3W
Tour Edge JGold Max Bazooka Hybrids: 5-P 
cleveland.gifCG16 Black Pearls: 52, 56, 60
odyssey.gif TERON srixon.gif

83 and with 42 Putts ! WTF !!!
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

I played My new course which I joined today for the first time. I played 36 holes with a pro and two young guys my age to be fair the pro was 18 which is the same age as me. I shot roughly 1 over 1 over but considering I had a 32 hour journey time from America and arrived a day before this round. When i teed off it was 2 am local time Where i lived in the states and I was very pleased with the fact that I am not on life support after playing 36. I kinda just ran on the fuel given to me by the odd 9 iron hit to 3 feet.

Supperb course btw guys. If you ever have the chance to play golf in the east midlands of england make a stop at belton woods golf club. its quite a beaut.

43/43 86... tough course par 72 6640 yards and playing it for the first time. Got on a nice run after a few holes an par'd 6 in a row. 34 putts... left a few shots out there as always but happy overall.

--- Rebel Golfer ---

Started off with the 22-250 varmint rifle to check the scope zero, then shot 100 rounds of 9mm from the Glock 17, then finished up with 50 rounds from my carry gun (Glock 23)

Burner 2.0 Graphite 4-AW
09 Burner 10.5*
08 #3 Burner 15*
09 Burner 3H
09 Burner 4H
TM-110 putter

Vokey 56.11
Titleist NXT 

What a day... Played the Mount Whitney Golf Club for the first time. Very nice course, if you ever happen to be passing through Lone Pine CA it's definitely worth playing. Started off by launching three consecutive drives just a bit left, but the elevated first tee box gives a funny perspective and doesn't allow this. All lost OB, probably within 10 feet of each other. At that point I determined I was unlikely to get down in one from the tee box on a 500+ yard par 5 to beat ESC, and since I didn't have many clean balls to start with, I decided to take a drop. Took an 11 (+6) on that hole. The next four holes were all pars: three up-and-down with one pretty spectacular chip from under a tree, landing just over a bunker on the fringe to soften the landing. Then, on the majestic 6th tee, popped a lousy drive to the right and behind some trees. Hit a provisional, which, according to tradition, I nailed down the pipe, 270 yards to the perfect spot. But, I found my first drive, tried to get a little too cute on a punch out from the trees and didn't get all the way out, then pushed a hybrid into a tree---really a shame, because that tree had no business being on the line for the shot. Oh well, chipped back to the fairway and, well, I was lying 4 about 30 yards short of where my provisional would have been lying 3. Made an 8. Then three solid bogeys to end it, each of which really should have been a par, both because I came up short on approaches with wedges, then wasn't able to convert makeable 10-foot putts for par to save. Can't complain, though, 7 great holes, and 13 putts on the day.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

87 (45/42). 3rd time playing this course, best was 98 last October. We started off on 10. Didn't look good, double bogeyed 10 & 11 but pulled it together to go +1 to finish the back. I then doubled 1 & 2 but what killed me was doubling par 3 7th. Ah well...

I really need to get my tee shots in the fairway more. Last 5 rounds I've been 40% on fairways hit. Yuck.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Played 18 on a new course today, 68.9/123 from the whites. Shot a 92 for a new best 18-hole score and new lowest differential (including combined 9-hole rounds). My handicap has dropped almost two points after the last 27 holes.... Two things were remarkable today, and they're probably connected. The first was hitting over 60% of fairways (something like 57% on the front nine, 67% on the back). The second was not having any scores worse than double bogey. That's two rounds (one 9, and this 18) in the last four or five that have been blow-up free (the other one was 9 holes with no worse than bogey). One was on a course I hadn't played in a year or more, and today was a new course. I think I'd gotten a bit burned out on my usual courses and seeing some different holes is helping me get out of the rut of hitting the same bad shot from the same place over and over...

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Played Westwood today from the whites. 91.

(43 + 48)

Played in some strong wind -- sustained over 25mph - gusts close to 40.  I had fun on the three holes where I got to hit with the wind.  Actually hit a ball 300yds for the first time (with wind and slightly downhill) ....into a creek. :(      I normally only hit it about 220-240, so that was fun.  The back nine... four three-putts sort of ruined it for me --- especially on a par 3 after hitting the green.

Shot 89 from the tips at the Plantation Course @ Kapalua.  Wow that course is DIFFICULT!  Especially for a midwesterner like me....so hard to read the greens.  Everything looked the opposite of how it actually broke, and they were fast!  What an amazing experience though...

P1180071.jpg

Shot my best front 9, 42 and I played from the tips.  Hit every fairway but one and hit all greens in regulation.  Only reason I wasn't lower was do to 3 putts.  Not bad for a fella that's been playing for five months!  Wish I'd had the time to play the back nine. Course rating 74.3/131.

Carlos