IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

New to this board, but If I shot a 107 round on a Par 72 golf course and my handicap is 28.  What did I shoot?  How many strokes am I suppose to subtract?  Please help!!!

If you shot a 107 and you hcp is a 28, you cannot post anything to the SCGA site over an 8 on any hole. If you got a 10 on a hole, your gross would be a 10 and your net would be an 8. So in essence, if your score was 107, and you only had one hole over an 8 (say a 10), then your net score would be a 105.

This should help.

SCGA_ESC.jpg

Shot my best round ever this morning. Played Upland Hills CC, it's a par 70, and shot an 83. My lowest on a course to date was a 91 on a par 72, and an 84 on a par 70. I contribute it to shortening my back swing to what I felt was around 70-80%. Kept my left arm straight as I was not over swinging the club like I normally do.

Here's the card.

Upland_033012_83.jpg

I played the 9 hole par 3 course at Windy Hill this afternoon. I had never played either of their courses before, and I was pretty pleased with the par 3 course. It only cost $12 to walk it on a Saturday, can't complain about that. This was also my first outing with my new irons and I was exceptionally pleased with them. I ended up shooting a 33 today. Here's the card: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/242916/width/640/height/485][IMG]http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/242916/width/640/height/485[/IMG][/URL]

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

The great weather continues......sunny and 80s......gotta love it.

I went out in 37.......lost my mojo and limped in with a 41.  78 is pretty close to average so I'm not overly upset. Not my best day, but not my worst either.........  I played well enough tee to green to shoot lower 70's but the putter was ice cold.  I didn't hole anything....

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

This was my best round from last week.

Two days I thought I was hitting it pretty well (for me at least) but my horrid sandtrap play screwed me over. The one day I could have easily shot mid to low 90s but I blew 10 shots at least in the bunkers. I really have to figure out how to get out of them in one shot.

Started off this round great but then had a few blow up holes.  Overall I hit it decently though.

farmstead.png

It was absolutley scorching hot today. High 80s here in the Denver area. And a little breezy.

This was only my second round of the season. With a brand new set of irons and driver.

Played my home course near my house, pretty challenging, played from the Blues.

Shot an 88. Hacked up the front with a 46, was about to cry. Then I settled in and played much better on the back, with a 42.

When I hit my irons good, they were really good. The AP712s (when hit right) felt awesome, like a hot knife through butter!

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Yesterday I went and played a round that was like a roller-coaster.  I started out playing very well, and coming up to #9, if I would shoot bogey or better I would beat my front 9 record on my home course.  Of course I sent my 2nd shot into the trees, then pitched out and then 3 putted for a double bogey and ended up with a 43 on the front.  This trend continued, as I double bogeyed the next 4 holes.  I didn't know what was going on, but just played on.  With 5 holes to go, I finally broke the double bogey train and ended up with a bogey.  That must have kicked started something back in me, because I par'd 3 of the 4 final holes and ended up shooting a 90 for the day.

Originally Posted by Bullitt5339

Yesterday I went and played a round that was like a roller-coaster.  I started out playing very well, and coming up to #9, if I would shoot bogey or better I would beat my front 9 record on my home course.  Of course I sent my 2nd shot into the trees, then pitched out and then 3 putted for a double bogey and ended up with a 43 on the front.  This trend continued, as I double bogeyed the next 4 holes.  I didn't know what was going on, but just played on.  With 5 holes to go, I finally broke the double bogey train and ended up with a bogey.  That must have kicked started something back in me, because I par'd 3 of the 4 final holes and ended up shooting a 90 for the day.

LOL you just described the kind of round I had yesterday. UP and down like a yo-yo. Oh well it's early in the season, thats my excuse anyways.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

on a nice beautiful 45 degree day in Ithaca, New York... after going trout fishing on opening day... (I have my fishing pole in my golf bag... I know I'm pretty crazy, but it goes with the territory) and catching absolutely nothing... I played nine holes this morning and actually played pretty well... I shot 39... and had a few highlights... After a snowman at the par-five 1st... Hit a bunker shot to a foot at 2 to save par... parred 3 and 4... bogeyed 5 and 6... parred 7... then the fun started... On the 355-yard par-4 8th... hit 3-hybrid off the tee... and a nice light 120 yard PW to 4 feet... canned that... Then at the 535-yard, 9th... I hit 3-hybrid, 3-hybrid to 110 yards... After some debate I hit a SW to 10 feet right underneath the hole... and drained a putt that I swear no lie has 2 feet of break...

No bad today considering how early in the season it is... I shot 41 a few days ago and couldn't make a damn putt to save my life... Today I made a few

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played 9 holes today on a par 29 course (7 par 3's 2 par 4's).

Shot a 45, which is 5 worse than last time out (seemed like i played a hell of a lot worse this time out too) so can't be too unhappy with that!

Well Friday I played Torrey Pines south but had to leave at the turn due to a previous commitment, but on the card was 41.  Felt good and did miss a 2footer with a lip out on 3..Ahhhh!!

-Steve W.

" Keep it on the short grass "

Played Sinaloa today, which is a local par 3.

I shot a 4+, 31 on a par 27. Pretty good for my 2nd round of golf since starting again.

I made a chip from off the green on the first hole which made my day and I was so proud whenever I landed it on the green in one shot.

My buddy was impressed with all my pitches as I was able to turn a terrible hole into par many times. If only I didn't hit in the damn bunker on hole 8, killed my score.

Played Northern Hills here in San Antonio today. Shot a 107 lol and only lost 3 balls. I had my fair share of double digit stroke holes, but made par on one hole and it was the best feeling. My drives were pretty rough, but chipping from ~30 yards or so was spot on and I was really surprised and pleased with my chipping. Best part of it was that we had an 8am tee time and we were done by 12. Sunday is really the only day my fiancé and I spend any time together and we usually don't get together until noon anyway so she approves of Sunday golf so far :-D

Shot a 92 yesterday.  Very good round for me.  My irons were working quite well, however my driver might just as well of been left in the bag. Had 3 very makeable birdie putts and missed them all.  Ended up with 4 pars for the day.

Had I not fell apart on #9 and kept my ball dry (twice in the water), and that defective bunker on #12 (you cannot get out of it with one shot  LOL), I might have shot my first 80's. Oh well, get 'em next time.

Saturday, I shot an 86, won $115 at quail hollow GC in Wesley Chapel, FL...Tied for 4th ($39) then scored a Birdie on #2 handicap hole....had a 4 inch putt for birdie! I was the only one to score a birdie on that hole (Par 4 365 yards) so I gort the skin worth $76.

Sunday, i shot an 88, and scored $0.50 from my buddy....we played $0.50 per point as both are shooting for 19 points.....LOL

All in all, it was a good weekend.

Shot a 101 today.   I have been fighting a horrible slice for a couple of weeks, so I went and had a lesson last Saturday.   Without going into too much detail, I was overswinging.   So today, I worked on not doing this.   I had a little longer second/third shots than I was having a month ago, but overall, my game was better even if the score was not.

Razr Fit Xtreme 9.5* Matrix Black Tie shaft, Diablo Octane 3 wood 15*, Razr X Hybrid 21*, Razr X 4-SW, Forged Dark Chrome 60* lob wedge, Hex Chrome & Hex Black ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i hit a 94 today on my home course (71par)  its been 2-6degrees here and i had my windproofs on. i didnt enjoy it too much today simply because i was cold and wet. the ball wasnt travelling great in the air, i had a little bit of a hook losing me distance. i hit some great irons into the green, i've improved a lot on that, but my putting is terrible!! i three putted 3 times!! i missed a birdie putt from 5 feet, i've only had 1 birdie before. i am getting in the right places to lower my score but maybe need a putting lesson or 3??  anyway, thats me til the weather lightens up a bit!!

karsten 10deg driver

fat shaft irons

tour ii putter

prov1x