IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I shot a 102. I was driving the ball adequately to great but had no consistency or accuracy with approach shots and just could not get a feel for the speed of the greens today. On a high note, I got up and down twice out of green side bunkers.

Dont worry too much, preisman, better days are ahead.

Just try to find one club that you can hit well and go with that for a while.

Things will improve, for sure.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

42. Started out bogey, double, bogey. Then made a bunch of pars until I got to the last hole where I bogeyed. Probably should have warmed up instead of jumping to the first tee but oh well it was a late evening round.

913 D2 8.5* with V2 66g stiff shaft

910F 14.25 with Diamana stiff shaft

i20 17, 20, and 23 hybrid 

AP2 712 5-PW with Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

54 and 60

D66

Tournament Edition 1600

Shot 93 today on a 9 hole course my brother in law and I played twice. It's a par 68 and plays rather easy. My first time making it into the 90s and I only lost 1 ball so I'm pretty happy. Had a few pars, and a couple chances at birdie but couldn't figure out the putting. The first two holes each time around I lost it and made ~7 or 8 each time. Other than that it was pretty much bogey golf. Not a hard course at all but it was nice to get the confidence level up.

Shot 105 today.

Only my third time out on the course so I think I did pretty well.

I hit almost every single fairway with my driver but I lost a ton of strokes with my wedges, can't chip or pitch for

Had fun though.

Not today, but yesterday I got out to play Dos Lagos GC again... Got off to a little bit better of a start than last time, but still had a couple bad holes on the front nine (well, the back nine had its fair share too) but on Hole #7 specifically, it's a shorter par 4, drivable for me and I put it just off the front of the green, the pin was placed on the back-right of the green and I missed short left... Should have been a decent chance at birdie... my chip up had too much bite on it and stopped about 30 ft short, and I actually ended up 4 putting for a double bogey. I was peeved! lol

A few other missed chances and sloppy holes put me at a 41 on the front... On the back made a couple of bad mistakes early, and looked up on my tee shot to the par 3, 15th, resulting in a chunk. I think I double bogeyed that one. Pulled things together the next hole with a par.

Thankfully I saved the best for last... I didn't make any of my birdie chances all day, but finally got one. I hit my tee shot on the 150 yd, par 3 17th on a dead line at the flag. The tee is dramatically elevated so I backed off slightly in terms of power and put a moderate swing on the ball, stuck it about 8-10 ft short of the hole, sank the putt for a 2... And finally on 18, short par 5, just shy of 500 yds, I put my drive a ways out there... was hitting a 6 iron into the green. Water all along the right side, so I took a conservative line and aimed left, hit it pure, with a slight fade, but I never saw it come down... I was assuming I had put it about 30 - 40 feet away on the mid/back left of the green (pin was front right tucked in near the lake) but as we drove up to the green there was a ball, pin-high no more than 8 feet from the cup! Caught the slope on the left and it brought it back down towards the hole. Putting for eagle... sank it! Great way to end the day!

So with a 41 on the front, I had a 40 on the back, for a (+11) 81. Par for the course is 70. Overall I wasn't all that pleased with how I played... lucky to get those shots back at the end, but I had trouble stringing my shots and holes together. Was hitting the ball fairly well all day, but just those occasional dumb mistakes get me! Need to get my game smoothed out in that area, but I think it'll happen... was getting used to a brand new putter, and getting out more regularly should help.

MY GEAR:

Driver/Woods/Hybrids: RBZ Tour

Irons: X Forged 2013's

Wedges: SM4's (52/56)

Putter: PROTYPE Series

Balls: HEX Black Tour/Chrome +  Pro V1x/NXT Tour

After feverishly working on my honey-do list I was able to sneak out of the house for a quick 9 at my home course.

Started off strong and played very well (at least for me) the entire nine.  Shot a personal best of 42.  Had 3 birdie opportunity putts (all missed).  Ended up with 4 pars, 4 bogeys and 1 double.  An excellent day indeed!!

Also started hitting my 3H well.  I haven't been on speaking terms with that club since I put it in my bag.

Just played 9 at Broadlands north of Denver.

I played my best 9 ever and shot a 48. I remember my first 9 holes ever about a year at the same course and shot a 70. What a difference a year makes.....

I took a provisional and got an 8 on a Par 5 and hit  two in the water on a dog-leg right Par 4 hole later that had water on both sides of the fairway.

My goal is 45, so plus 3 (for me) was ok.

While I've only been playing a year, I can see how the game is timeless and a endless pursuit of getting better.

In the Puma Orange Formation Stand Bag:

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ (10.25)

Fairway Woods: Callaway Diablo Octane (3,5,7,9)

Irons: Mizuno JPX 800 Pro (6-PW) 

Wedges: Mizuno JPX (50, 55, & 60)

Putter: Odyssey Versa #1

Ball: Titleist DT Solo

44 (+8)

Bogey, Triple, Par, Bogey, Bogey, Bogey, Bogey, Par, Par

Started off bad, nothing felt comfortable, then i ended up playing the last two holes good.. Hit a 3 iron 220 yards to just the front of the green on the last hole to set up and up and down...

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I shot a 73…in my head…at my desk. :P

Driver :: Cobra AMP 55g Stiff

3 Wood :: Cobra AMP 55g Stiff

4-9, PW, GW, SW :: Cobra AMP Steel

Putter :: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth

Ball ::   

Bag :: Puma Orange Formation Stand Golf Bag

Today was a big milestone for me, I got my first birdie ever!!! My drive missed right and the hole slightly doglegs to the right. I pulled out my 4h, which happens to be the first round I've played with it, and nailed one from about 170. It had a little fade to it and ended up about 10 feet in front of the green and 25 feet from the hole. I would normally have pulled out my AW and chipped, but thought I'd start using the putter as much as I can. I feel like the putter gives me far less variety of result, compared to how many different results I can generate with a chip. I pulled out the putter, thought "2 putt for the win", gave it a solid stroke, watched it bend and roll straight into the cup. What an awesome way to earn that first birdie. :-) I felt good about my round today. The first hole got it started for me and the doubles I had were a result of 3 putts. I'm very close to my immediate goal of playing bogey golf. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/250564/width/640/height/483][IMG]http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/250564/width/640/height/483[/IMG][/URL]

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

4 months into serious playing and no complaints. Friday- Rum Pointe-94 Sat-Lighthouse sounds-99 Sun-Baywood Greens107 :-( Today- Bay lea (back9)-42 Fri-sun courses were all amazing but Baywood greens was the most impressive even though it kick my ass. Lol. LOVE GOLF

36 - 45.

Trying to commit to a swing change and have a two-way miss going.

"It's a process. Getting some reps. Great question. Thanks."

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Shot a 93 saturday.  Couldnt hit my driver.  I knew i was having problems with my driver going in but still hit it like an idiot.  Had 7 pars.  Putting was very good IMO.  Chipping was good.  Fell apart on 3 holes.  had a 6 on 2 par 3's and a 9 on a par 5 (hardest hole on the course).  Overall, i still feel good about the way i played minus the driver.  Just picked up a white ice #1 putter in new condition from a yard sale for 5.00.  i love it.  I also started using the line on the ball to line up my puts and it made a world of difference.  I dont even look at the hole really.  only thing i have to focus on is speed.  I have also been working on lining up my shots.  Been picking out a mark a couple feet in front of the ball and it has helped tremendously.  I have also developed a routine which has helped alot.  prolly hit the range today.

i love this game!

75 on an easy par 71 course. Best score of the year by far.

http://www.oobgolf.com/golfers/score.php?id=1994362

(I played back to front)

Highlight of the round on hole 16: 290 yards to the green from the fairway, I crush a 3 wood to within a yard of the green, shattering the shaft in the process, then nearly chipped in for eagle. The shaft was never firm enough anyway.

Un-highlight of the round: double bogeying 17 and 18...

Originally Posted by CallawayGolf25

Not today, but yesterday I got out to play Dos Lagos GC again... Got off to a little bit better of a start than last time, but still had a couple bad holes on the front nine (well, the back nine had its fair share too) but on Hole #7 specifically, it's a shorter par 4, drivable for me and I put it just off the front of the green, the pin was placed on the back-right of the green and I missed short left... Should have been a decent chance at birdie... my chip up had too much bite on it and stopped about 30 ft short, and I actually ended up 4 putting for a double bogey. I was peeved! lol

A few other missed chances and sloppy holes put me at a 41 on the front... On the back made a couple of bad mistakes early, and looked up on my tee shot to the par 3, 15th, resulting in a chunk. I think I double bogeyed that one. Pulled things together the next hole with a par.

Thankfully I saved the best for last... I didn't make any of my birdie chances all day, but finally got one. I hit my tee shot on the 150 yd, par 3 17th on a dead line at the flag. The tee is dramatically elevated so I backed off slightly in terms of power and put a moderate swing on the ball, stuck it about 8-10 ft short of the hole, sank the putt for a 2... And finally on 18, short par 5, just shy of 500 yds, I put my drive a ways out there... was hitting a 6 iron into the green. Water all along the right side, so I took a conservative line and aimed left, hit it pure, with a slight fade, but I never saw it come down... I was assuming I had put it about 30 - 40 feet away on the mid/back left of the green (pin was front right tucked in near the lake) but as we drove up to the green there was a ball, pin-high no more than 8 feet from the cup! Caught the slope on the left and it brought it back down towards the hole. Putting for eagle... sank it! Great way to end the day!

So with a 41 on the front, I had a 40 on the back, for a (+11) 81. Par for the course is 70. Overall I wasn't all that pleased with how I played... lucky to get those shots back at the end, but I had trouble stringing my shots and holes together. Was hitting the ball fairly well all day, but just those occasional dumb mistakes get me! Need to get my game smoothed out in that area, but I think it'll happen... was getting used to a brand new putter, and getting out more regularly should help.

Dos Lagos in Costa Mesa?

Ping i15 9.0 (UST Mamiya S)

Cobra X-Speed 4+ Wood (Aldila S)

Cobra Baffler 3-Hybrid (19)

Mizuno JPX-825 Pro (4-GW) KBS Tour S

Cobra Rusty 55 SW

Cobra Rusty 59 LW

Never Compromise Gambler (34")

Bay Lea 93. Irons are greatly improving. Driver is non exsistant. I picked up a wicked slice. 2 months ago and can't get rid of it. I hesitate to practice or work on it to much because the last thing I want to do is ingrain a faulty swing. Any tips or explanation of a proper drive is appreciated. LOVE GOLF