IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

92 (43-49, 69.6/123) at the south course at Blackhorse. Pretty tough course, tougher than the rating for sure. Tight fairways and a lot of forced carries. Par 5s were short but very risk/reward oriented. Par 3D were longer and more penal/heroic in nature. Fun round. 

Edited by HJJ003

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 shot..........coyote down. 

I deleted the image, not to offend.  LOL

2nd Coyote2.jpg

Edited by BuckeyeNut

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Well maybe the game is coming back. Just got off the course and shot a 78 today (38-40) using the swing changes I made yesterday. First game back in the 70's since a few months.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Been a long time since I posted...

Shot an 81 today, best round of the year, 3 birdies. New hcp of 13,2.
My goal was 13 (started at 17,8 this year) so I guess things are going fine :)

Shot a 114 today. This was my 5th round of the year (just started playing seriously in August). Although my score was not my personal best my swing was the best today it has ever been. Consistently making good contact and getting off the tee without too much issue, even managed to hit a few fairways.

too many 3-4 putts really killed me, I’m convinced I was playing 90’s golf other than my putter. Can’t really be mad about it, swing felt great.

1 hour ago, Markdd91 said:

too many 3-4 putts really killed me, I’m convinced I was playing 90’s golf other than my putter.

Dont be convinced of that. It’s possible that you have putting as a glaring weakness, though it’s likely your full swing keeping you from reaching your next level as the full swing impacts your scores more significantly. Welcome to TST and take a look around there is some great instructional content here. 

Shot a 47 on a quick solo 9.

I had a single blow up hole but other than that, played decent bogey golf.

I have to learn to manage trouble shots and learn the rules a bit more. The 5 over on a par 4 came about after my approach shot drifted into some thick pines. I just couldn't get at it for a clean shot to even punch out. So I just hacked at it until I finally got it out of there. 

I continue to lose distance with the driver. Putting was good on very slow aerated greens. Approach shots were pretty good.

Jon

16 hours ago, HJJ003 said:

Dont be convinced of that. It’s possible that you have putting as a glaring weakness, though it’s likely your full swing keeping you from reaching your next level as the full swing impacts your scores more significantly. Welcome to TST and take a look around there is some great instructional content here. 

Oh for sure my swing needs improvement, and is my biggest weakness in the grand scheme but I was putting for birdy twice, par on multiple occasions, and almost always on the putting green in 4 shots. I have to think that if I could have putt just a little better than Hellen Keller breaking 100 was reasonable.

81. Very proud of my results today. It was a sloppy, soaking wet day and I worked in the morning so I figured I'd play. Short irons and wedges were absolutely on fire today. If I missed a green close, I was able to make the up and down more often than not. Though I had 2 doubles and a triple that ruined my score. The first double came from parking my drive behind a tree and not having a good shot back into the fairway, so i had to hit my shot backwards towards the fairway and left myself 200 yards in, missed the green and then hit a chip too hard, and two putted. The second double was from putting a par 3 tee shot into the water, then missing the green and chipping then 1 putting. The triple was just a complete lapse in gameplanning. I took driver on a hole that was admittedly way too tight, hit it OB, re-teed and put my shot behind a tree again, and then missed the green and yadda yadda. Still had a blast as I haven't hit this well in a while.

I recently purchased Ping iBlades as I've been eyeing them for months and found a deal I could justify, and also bought some ping glide 2.0 wedges. My wedges are 46(12 bounce),50(12 bounce),54(12 bounce),60(8 bounce). I can not believe how much the 12 degrees of bounce has helped me with my wedges. I am lightyears better at chipping and pitching. 

Shot a 91 at my home course today, 4 strokes below my average. No blow up holes or penalties. Six pars, seven doubles, five bogeys and no triples or birdies. I didn't record the round through GameGolf, but I hit a lot of GIR or nGIR even with shots that were not well-struck.

The round included some of the worst putting I've had since before I bought my current putter. Aerated greens with a bunch of sand applied helped lead tol 3-putts and even a couple of 4-putts. My ball striking was piss-poor as well.

The upside is that I was able to keep my focus to some extent by disregarding the poor results and moving on mentally to my next shot to shoot a score I'm not embarrassed by. That's not going to happen every time I play, but it's nice when it does.

Case in point, on a par 4, I duffed a 4i from the tee, hit low 4h screamer just short of a marsh, flew my wedge through the green, bladed the wedge coming back, but then 1-putted from 10' or so for the bogey. This is the opposite of what usually happens when I hit a bunch of good shots only to have a single poor shot screw up the hole.

• Like 1

Jon

69 today at Morgan Run, first time playing the course, practice round for the SCGA Fourball qualifier tomorrow. Also my last several rounds.

73, 69, 72, 69, 75, 74, 72, 69

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Played Emerald Lake in Mint Hill N.C. yesterday.  It's a decent course that should allow me to shoot a high 80 low 90 if I am playing well, which I have been of late so I was looking forward to the round as a barometer of where my game is at.  All in all I had a solid round and put up a 46-46 split.  If not for a triple on the front and a quad on the final hole (hole 9 since we went out on 10) I would have shot high 80.

Pro's:  Driver continues to find the fairway or stay in play.  This has been the single biggest challenge for me over the last two years that has hurt my game.  Mechanics from my swing thread are vastly improved and is helping me to make more consistent ball strikes.  Chipping and putting was solid all day long.  I only lost one stroke that I can recall due to a duffed chip.  Putting within 8' was spot on and distance control was great all day on my longer putts.

Cons:  Still can't avoid those handful of blowup holes that kill my score.  Penalty strokes were a major issue for me, but they were mostly due to club selection rather than horrible swings.  I ended up with a couple of holes where my approach shot went long and ended up lost.  

All in all I am extremely pleased with where my game is right now.

Quickly running out of weather - playing when I can.

Thurs - 4 man scrambles for work.  shithole course, good times, required 3 tees from each player and then straight scramble after that.  Mostly used my shots - 2 under par.  fun round.

Fri - walking (wet course) one of the nicest city courses in the area Eagle Valley.  77, playing well.  I play better walking.  empty course, good condition really.  Hitting greens nicely this time.  Cheap fees - fall rate, champions rate, walking.....bonus

Sat - didn't think I'd play this one this year so happy to - New Richmond - classic layout and a 75 (had to scramble a ton), but nothing super special other than they maintain this course really well.  Always a pleasure to play.  Cold.  I left nearly all my approach shots short until I switched over to all the shags in my bad that had the word 'SOFT' on them.  I'm nearly done with my 6 and 5i - I just can't hit them.  but it was cold.  I'll work on it this winter and if I don't figure it out, I might try to switch out for GIR irons for these two longest ones.  I could hit them before, so it's clearly on me.  I was 'fortunately' able to go out after the only 12 people on the course.  the 1st group in front of me was 4 older gentlemen.  caught them on 5, took my time, and finally decided to pass them on 9.  They were very nice guys.  Around 13, I caught up with the other 2 groups - I think they all were playing a 2 man scramble and taking FOREVER to play - also loud and no idea how to keep pace.  By the time I got to 17 tee, the old guys behind me actually were about to catch up.  I decided to give them a break, and me a treat and I looped 14 through 17 again (giving them a one hole gap to the scramblers)......... 🤔  yet still - I got all the way around the 18 and still had to sit in the fairway for nearly 10 minutes to hit my approach.  cripes - I don't mind a leisurely pace, but seriously.  even on an empty course, these guys (scramblers) must have been on over a a 6 hour round - clueless - I think I'm being generous with a 20 minute/hole rate - maybe on the par 3s.....I really should have checked on completion to see when they started....

Bill - 

On 10/7/2018 at 9:08 PM, mvmac said:

69 today at Morgan Run, first time playing the course, practice round for the SCGA Fourball qualifier tomorrow. Also my last several rounds.

73, 69, 72, 69, 75, 74, 72, 69

Soon, you will be joining Web.com tour if you keep scoring 69s.   Awesome!

I played to 91 which is 2 strokes worse than my average.  One blow up hole, 7 on a par 3 hole, was the difference.   

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

41 (6 over) for 9 holes after work.  Could have been better but you don't want to miss the 9th green long and where did I go?  Yup, long.  Approach on the 9th was out of some damp rough, struck the back end of the green and rolled off and OB. Thought I clubbed down enough, but that wasn't the case.  

Diego’s Gear
Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha at 11.5*
5W: Taylormade Jetspeed 19*
Hybrid: Ping G5 22*
Irons: Mizuno MX-23 4-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Ping Ketsch 33”
My Swing: https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/93417-my-swing-foot-wedge/

82 ESC which happened to be my 2nd best score on the course/tee.   I wanted to played the remaining two holes but it was getting dark and cold, not to mention that we were starving.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

On 10/7/2018 at 9:08 PM, mvmac said:

first time playing the course, practice round for the SCGA Fourball qualifier tomorrow.

I shot 70 on Monday, my partner shot 72, best ball score was 66 for t-2nd to qualify for the Four-ball championship site.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Shot my highest score in several months with a 102. It was 40° at the course so I was wearing a few layers of clothes. TBH, I don't think that was the issue. While no part of my game was very good, my driver was especially poor. I might be trying to slow things down too much. Was getting a lot straighter flight at the range while swinging at my normal speed.

Jon