Note: This thread is 2432 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 minute ago, BeemerK12S said:

I've posted a similar question elsewhere on TST, but can those who have these butt-mounted devices tell me whether they get damaged when putting clubs back in the golf bag?

Only been using Game Golf for six months and have not had any damage. The tags will wear and the imprinted numbers which identify the tag for specific clubs become worn. When you remove the tags to replace grips, mark them on the underside for reference.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, Club Rat said:

Only been using Game Golf for six months and have not had any damage. The tags will wear and the imprinted numbers which identify the tag for specific clubs become worn. When you remove the tags to replace grips, mark them on the underside for reference.

Thanks for this.

What made you go for Game Golf as opposed to others, such as Zepp, Skypro, etc?

2 minutes ago, BeemerK12S said:

What made you go for Game Golf

Mainly due to TST members discussions about the product. Here, anyone can obtain useful hints or have questions answered by many.

I like the product, use it daily. It is useful in many aspects with regard to the data used for obtaining a history of improvement or decline.

• Administrator
14 hours ago, BeemerK12S said:

What made you go for Game Golf as opposed to others, such as Zepp, Skypro, etc?

As we said in the other topic, those things are not equivalent.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• iacas unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • 7 months later...

I recently upgraded to the Live unit, and I found a little glitch when using it with the iPhone app this weekend.

Started iPhone app and belt unit, paired them just fine.  As I'm walking out of the clubhouse, they tell me to start on 10 instead of 1.  No problem; I tell the app to jump to 10, and it records holes 10-18 just fine.  When I make the turn to do the front nine, I tell the app to jump to hole 1.  It won't; it just goes to 10.  Tried "backing up" from 10 to 9; just goes "back" to 18.  Since I couldn't make it find the first hole, I ended the back 9 as one round and restarted the app (and the belt unit, since it shut off on ending the round) and played the front 9 as a second round.

I emailed Support at GG, and they merged them into a single round.  They said that it's a bug, and it's been sent on to engineering to work out.

Starting at holes other than 1 isn't all that rare (shotgun starts or starting on 10), so I figure they'll have to find a way to make it work.  But since I hadn't seen this bug reported here, I thought it worth mentioning in case anyone else has the same problem.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• 2 months later...
On 3/27/2017 at 9:27 PM, Missouri Swede said:

I recently upgraded to the Live unit, and I found a little glitch when using it with the iPhone app this weekend.

Started iPhone app and belt unit, paired them just fine.  As I'm walking out of the clubhouse, they tell me to start on 10 instead of 1.  No problem; I tell the app to jump to 10, and it records holes 10-18 just fine.  When I make the turn to do the front nine, I tell the app to jump to hole 1.  It won't; it just goes to 10.  Tried "backing up" from 10 to 9; just goes "back" to 18.  Since I couldn't make it find the first hole, I ended the back 9 as one round and restarted the app (and the belt unit, since it shut off on ending the round) and played the front 9 as a second round.

I emailed Support at GG, and they merged them into a single round.  They said that it's a bug, and it's been sent on to engineering to work out.

Starting at holes other than 1 isn't all that rare (shotgun starts or starting on 10), so I figure they'll have to find a way to make it work.  But since I hadn't seen this bug reported here, I thought it worth mentioning in case anyone else has the same problem.

Looks like they got this bug fixed in a recent iPhone app update.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Anyone have any issues lately with the location that gamegolf picks up when tagging, particularly with putts. They are always off, a few times I've even noticed that the order of putts are backwards. For example I will have a 10ft putt for my first putt then the 2nd will be a 1ft putt, well in the app it shows my first putt as the 1ft then my second the 10ft putt. I apparently tee off from the cart path a lot too, I've also had it show drives that were in the center of the fairway, at the cart path as well.

It's almost like they changed the location checking algorithm to have less checks.

• Administrator
On 6/12/2017 at 0:03 PM, Slowcelica said:

Anyone have any issues lately with the location that gamegolf picks up when tagging, particularly with putts. They are always off, a few times I've even noticed that the order of putts are backwards. For example I will have a 10ft putt for my first putt then the 2nd will be a 1ft putt, well in the app it shows my first putt as the 1ft then my second the 10ft putt. I apparently tee off from the cart path a lot too, I've also had it show drives that were in the center of the fairway, at the cart path as well.

It's almost like they changed the location checking algorithm to have less checks.

That would require a firmware update.

I think maybe you're just playing on a cloudy day, or your body can get in the way of the signal, etc. GPS isn't that accurate. I mean, it's accurate considering we're triangulating a position in space using satellites, but it's not accurate to the foot level or anything.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 6/17/2017 at 8:03 PM, iacas said:

That would require a firmware update.

I think maybe you're just playing on a cloudy day, or your body can get in the way of the signal, etc. GPS isn't that accurate. I mean, it's accurate considering we're triangulating a position in space using satellites, but it's not accurate to the foot level or anything.

Well there was a firmware update, that was applied at the beginning of this year. It has not been as accurate as it was last year since. I contacted GG support, and had forgotten about the firmware update until you mentioned it, they are going to check it next time it happens. None of the days I was playing on was a cloudy day, this passed time there was not a cloud in the sky, it was a perfect day.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Slowcelica said:

Well there was a firmware update, that was applied at the beginning of this year. It has not been as accurate as it was last year since. I contacted GG support, and had forgotten about the firmware update until you mentioned it, they are going to check it next time it happens. None of the days I was playing on was a cloudy day, this passed time there was not a cloud in the sky, it was a perfect day.

I haven't had any issues with it.

And you said "lately" so I thought you meant earlier this year it worked, and "lately" it hasn't been. If there was no firmware update in between when it worked and when it didn't, it's likely not that.

20 hours ago, iacas said:

I haven't had any issues with it.

And you said "lately" so I thought you meant earlier this year it worked, and "lately" it hasn't been. If there was no firmware update in between when it worked and when it didn't, it's likely not that.

Sorry, I haven't gotten to play much this year so lately has been this year =) Hopefully it's not just my unit, the other day it kept getting the red light on top of it during a round, so I just had to turn it off.

7 hours ago, Slowcelica said:

the other day it kept getting the red light on top of it during a round,

I think the unit does not establish satellite connection or Bluetooth when the red light blinks?

Been awhile since I've read up on the light indicators.

Also, low power may be indicated in the same manner, I think.

And, sometimes power off and back on will re-establish connections.

Connecting the unit to a PC or tablet with USB cord will launch the GG dashboard which will show
firmware version. The latest version mine shows is 2.0.0.0

13 hours ago, Club Rat said:

I think the unit does not establish satellite connection or Bluetooth when the red light blinks?

Been awhile since I've read up on the light indicators.

Also, low power may be indicated in the same manner, I think.

And, sometimes power off and back on will re-establish connections.

Connecting the unit to a PC or tablet with USB cord will launch the GG dashboard which will show
firmware version. The latest version mine shows is 2.0.0.0

It was a solid red light, I tried turning it off and on twice and it ended up doing the same thing. I charged the night before. I will hook it up to my computer when I get a chance, hopefully it doesn't do it again. I've never had a problem out of the classic or the live before.

There's a coaches feature now.  Among other things, you can designate someone as a coach and they can see your insights.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Is there a way to get more putting statistics out of this than simply how often I 1-, 2-, 3-, or 4-putt and strokes gained/lost?

The reason I'm asking:  I'm trying to do the math to determine if my putting is a glaring weakness.  I'm going to take an AimPoint class in the not-too-distant future, but there are two other fundamentals in putting to work on too.  I also ordered the ruler to do the LSW drill for bead.

I ask because I look at many reasonable subsets of rounds (every round, last X rounds as available, plus a custom "in 2017" subset) and compare to a 10-handicap (and sometimes other levels;  I'm a 14.5 as I write this).  I'm usually losing at most 1 to the 10-handicap level in driving, gaining strokes in approach (all rounds: -.59, 2017 -.38, last round -5.85, but that was an incredibly good approach round), but I am losing ~2 on short game (except the exceptional ball striking rounds) and ~3 on putting. 

In particular, I'd like to figure out which aspect(s) of short game and putting, if any, are a glaring weakness for me.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Strokes gained/lost is a good way to go. Perhaps even the best way.

28/40/17/15 or something is pretty common. If you're losing more than 15% of your strokes to putting, it's a weakness. How much more determines how "glaring."

Green reading is an SV③ skill. One of two.

17 minutes ago, iacas said:

Strokes gained/lost is a good way to go. Perhaps even the best way.

28/40/17/15 or something is pretty common. If you're losing more than 15% of your strokes to putting, it's a weakness. How much more determines how "glaring."

Green reading is an SV③ skill. One of two.

Good points all around.  I did just finally email the AimPoint person in the region you suggested.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Note: This thread is 2432 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!